2018-2019 runDisney Race Calendar

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
Decided this needed a thread of it's own, considering what is missing....

From Twitter:

IMG_20171030_195946.jpg

Star Wars Dark Side has been moved to 1st weekend in April, since the usual weekend for the race in 2019 included Easter Sunday weekend.

Note the lack of Anaheim races for 2019. That better be one nice hotel.....

surfsupdon

I thought they would maybe add a race weekend, to make up for lack of races. They know runDisney'ers are voracious when it comes to "inaugural" and new events. It would be neat to see a new race, with a new course. I know most of us would be more inclined to pay for something new.

Changing themes like at Princess or Disneyland Half do not seem enough. Keep it fresh. Get a new course, new race weekend, new theme.

The Tower 13Ks and Everest Challenges were small scale. It could even be something like that.

Greenlawler

I think the cutback is wise.

Obviously the DL races going away sucks, but I have long thought they were overdoing it, and that the number of people interested in running vs the number of people with disposable income had to reach a boiling point at some point.

I mean the buzz Disney used to get with their races has dissipated IMO. Obviously not completely but the fervor has died down.

I might be turning into "Get off my lawn" guy but seems to me they just do not take as much pride in the actual WDW events as far as entertainment, characters, and changing things up. That's just my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom