2017 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
That's a shame to hear. Where did it fall short?

The flowers were nearly all the same, many of them were wilted and just not organized well. The typical every day Epcot gardens were as manicured as ever but the F&G topiaries and the potted plants they bring out just for festivals were in pretty rough shape in my opinion. There wasn't really anything going on, even in the festival center it was somber and people didn't seem to want to be there. It was very disappointing compared to F&W.

Delgado

That's a shame to hear. Where did it fall short?

Last years topiaries were just really really good. This year is good just not done as well. I can see why someone would be slightly disappointed but with that being said it is still a must. Epcot is beautiful during this festival. Personally I thought so many of the outdoor kitchens were delicious too! I can't say if the tours and stuff were good we didn't have time for them.

JohnD

The flowers were nearly all the same, many of them were wilted and just not organized well. The typical every day Epcot gardens were as manicured as ever but the F&G topiaries and the potted plants they bring out just for festivals were in pretty rough shape in my opinion. There wasn't really anything going on, even in the festival center it was somber and people didn't seem to want to be there. It was very disappointing compared to F&W.

Starting it when it's still winter might be part of the problem. Also, I think you're judging it based on its early start. A better judge of the festival would be late March/early April when spring is in full swing.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Starting it when it's still winter might be part of the problem. Also, I think you're judging it based on its early start. A better judge of the festival would be late March/early April when spring is in full swing.

If we shouldn't judge the festival until late March/early April it shouldn't have started until then.

I've found you typically get out what you put in to something.

:rolleyes:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If we shouldn't judge the festival until late March/early April it shouldn't have started until then.

:rolleyes:

I think @RustySpork went IN with the proper attitude heck Spork even had F&W trays for food.

as happens way too often at WDW recently TDO put forth a minimum effort and expense product and raised prices. Expecting that nostalgia would pack em in.

In an earlier post Spork described the crowd as annoyed and I can believe it because the product they were expecting was not the product they received. Describing the CM's as 'somber' also tells its own tale they KNOW they are putting out a substandard product but are not allowed to do anything about it.

Well Done Disney, Well done indeed. The company who can (and did) screw up a free lunch

Lily1958

I agree with @RustySport. We go to F&G every year in the first week in conjunction with running the Princess. There are fewer and fewer flowers, topiaries, and garden examples and information every year. They didn't even provide a list of topiaries and where to find them this year. The Festival Center is about the only place to find gardening information and it is only open on weekends. I will give them credit for the front topiary with the May Pole, as well as Donald and the nephews. And the Butterfly Tent was wonderful (maybe the warm weather brought the butterflies out early?) Other than that, just a rehash with several topiaries missing including the princesses/princes and Captain Hook and the Crocodile. But they sure had plenty of food and alcohol booths. Hubby didn't even want to buy the limited pins because it just didn't feel like the F&G anymore. It was just a rehash of F&W. If you are going to be the Festival Park, you should at least make each festival unique. Currently, we are not even planning on going next year. I did stop in and shared our disappointment with Guest Services. She was the one that provided the "rehash of F&W" comparison based on what I was telling her. Got the feeling I wasn't the only one to stop in. By the way, she said they want to hear about guest opinions of the festivals and that it is used in future planning. Don't know how true, but she made me feel "heard."

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I agree with @RustySport. We go to F&G every year in the first week in conjunction with running the Princess. There are fewer and fewer flowers, topiaries, and garden examples and information every year. They didn't even provide a list of topiaries and where to find them this year. The Festival Center is about the only place to find gardening information and it is only open on weekends. I will give them credit for the front topiary with the May Pole, as well as Donald and the nephews. And the Butterfly Tent was wonderful (maybe the warm weather brought the butterflies out early?) Other than that, just a rehash with several topiaries missing including the princesses/princes and Captain Hook and the Crocodile. But they sure had plenty of food and alcohol booths. Hubby didn't even want to buy the limited pins because it just didn't feel like the F&G anymore. It was just a rehash of F&W. If you are going to be the Festival Park, you should at least make each festival unique. Currently, we are not even planning on going next year. I did stop in and shared our disappointment with Guest Services. She was the one that provided the "rehash of F&W" comparison based on what I was telling her. Got the feeling I wasn't the only one to stop in. By the way, she said they want to hear about guest opinions of the festivals and that it is used in future planning. Don't know how true, but she made me feel "heard."
Yes the emphasis certainly appears to be moving towards the food and drink.

The topiary list has been moved to the Festival Passport
http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/epco...flower-and-garden-festival-passport/29700.htm

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Nothing will significantly change about the festival though. The exhibits and displays are pretty much set in stone at this point.

gmajew

Premium Member
Yes the emphasis certainly appears to be moving towards the food and drink.

The topiary list has been moved to the Festival Passport
http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/epco...flower-and-garden-festival-passport/29700.htm

I really hope not I did not go last year as we decided to try June for our summer trip and I will be honest Epcot was boring with out anything going on. The flower show and the food and wine are both big big draws and really makes the park as it is just another added level of entertainment. Now of course if they fixed the rides etc would it be necessary? I say yes as the countries are so much more then just rides.

Does anyone know if they are going to offer any kind of complimentary Passholder exclusive, this year, like the art cels from last year? I haven't seen anything about it, in the Passholder communications.

Tony the Tigger

We went Friday for just a few hours, no issues. The butterfly area was kind of empty, but as others have suggested, it's early in the season.

Have reasonable expectations. If the food booths are generating cash, naturally they are going to focus on the food booths. It should be obvious there are going to be food booths either year-round or nearly year-round from now on. Fine by me.

Speaking of which, try the corned beef at the UK! Loved it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom