2016 WDW Marathon Weekend - Proof of Time Problem

ademartine

Original Poster
I'm having a problem with my proof of time update that hopefully someone can help me with. When I registered for the Dopey Challenge I didn't submit an estimated finish time because I didn't have quick access to my race results. Fast forward to 10/4 when I submitted my proof of time via the TrackShack for both my wife and I. I recall reading that we would receive an email stating that the time had been updated. When I didn't immediately receive the email I figured it would be sent after the submission deadline on 10/6.

When the submission deadline passed and I still hadn't received the email I contacted both Track Shack and runDisney and explained the situation and was told that I need to have a picture of the submission in order to get my time updated. Unfortunately I don't ever recall getting a picture and really hadn't thought about it since I was going to be receiving the email. This will be our 20th runDisney event and we've never had any problem like this so I'm frustrated to say the least. Couple that with the fact that we both run roughly 8:30-9:00 minute miles and we're looking at starting in the last corral which is going to put a damper on the event for us.

Does anyone know what they're referring to when they say a photo of the submission? I really want to get this resolved ASAP so hopefully I have this photo they're referring to.

Thanks for your help and sorry for the lengthy message.

Kermit262

I updated my time on the last day possible, Oct. 6. (I had just ran a half marathon two days before and the times weren't posted until the 6th.) I used the web submission form on the runDisney site, and after I entered my information I got a Proof of Time Update page, with the information I had just entered and my new estimated finish time. At the bottom of the page in bold letters it said, PLEASE PRINT THIS PAGE FOR CONFIRMATION. Maybe this is the picture to which they refer?

In any event, good luck and I hope you get a favorable resolution.

dreamfinder

I would think that they were referring to the suggestion to make sure to print the submission page. I've seen stories about people having problems with the times they ended up being placed in, so I think that was their solution. Theories led both to screw ups in their system, as well as someone trying to mess with corral placements for people since all you need was name and DOB to submit a time. The page shows the time you submitted, as well as the date you submitted it, so they would be able to correct any issues seeing the time you had properly submitted.

Kermit262

I assume so. It's a poor wording choice. Unless you happened to have taken a selfie in front of your monitor when you provided the proof of time. ;)

imagination30

after reading your topic , i contacted run disney . and they said " if the time was sumbmited correctly it would have gave you a updated time / corral placement and this would be your confimation". sadly i didnt print mine either , so hopefully the magic runnining Gods will sprinkle some pixie dust and ever thing will be okay@

Texas84

You all have me nervous. I was able to go look at my WDW Star Wars registration and I printed it. But I can't look at my Dopey registration. I have the e-mail but when I click on the link I get "Attention! You are not authorized to view this registration." I have a message in to Active.

Kermit262

Speaking of coral placements, shouldn't we be getting an email from runDisney soon, with our coral letter assignment?

dreamfinder

You all have me nervous. I was able to go look at my WDW Star Wars registration and I printed it. But I can't look at my Dopey registration. I have the e-mail but when I click on the link I get "Attention! You are not authorized to view this registration." I have a message in to Active.

Don't think Active has anything to do with the proof of time. Think that is all through TrackShack. The link isn't on the site anymore, but questions are supposed to go to disneysports@trackshack.com.

Texas84

Don't think Active has anything to do with the proof of time. Think that is all through TrackShack. The link isn't on the site anymore, but questions are supposed to go to disneysports@trackshack.com.

You are right about the Marathon time. Active has my submitted time for WDW Star Wars but not the Marathon time. They got back to me about my Marathon registration and it says "less than 6:30." I know I submitted my DLR half time but I don't have confirmation. So now I get to contact TrackShack. :facepalm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom