2016 Imagineer Forum Year End Event!!!

RMichael21

Original Poster
Hey everyone! I was going do this tomorrow, but found that I had an abundance of time on my hands, so I figured I'd just do it now. Most of this is for the year end event, but some of the other stuff is just some "housekeeping" stuff. ;):p

So, there's a few points I want to discuss here.

1. Number One! First, I think the Elite Eight is extremely exclusive, so over the past year or so I know we've been talking about doing a different type of event that involves more people. Maybe expand it too 16? Do a brawl type situation?
  2. We need a host!!! @Zweiland, can you do it? Or, would someone else like to step up? Maybe the previous year's winner could be the host? So @tcool123, could you host?
  3. As for points, I've been lagging behind with those, so tomorrow I'm going to post the updated point totals from The House Cup. :)
Anyway, that's it. :D

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Hey everyone! I was going do this tomorrow, but found that I had an abundance of time on my hands, so I figured I'd just do it now. Most of this is for the year end event, but some of the other stuff is just some "housekeeping" stuff. ;):p

So, there's a few points I want to discuss here.

1. Number One! First, I think the Elite Eight is extremely exclusive, so over the past year or so I know we've been talking about doing a different type of event that involves more people. Maybe expand it too 16? Do a brawl type situation?
  2. We need a host!!! @Zweiland, can you do it? Or, would someone else like to step up? Maybe the previous year's winner could be the host? So @tcool123, could you host?
  3. As for points, I've been lagging behind with those, so tomorrow I'm going to post the updated point totals from The House Cup. :)
Anyway, that's it. :D

If the Magic Feather competition and this will be separate, I think it would be awesome to have a Qudditch World Cup theme. Even though we already did it in the House Cup, there's so much we could do with it.

RMichael21

Original Poster
If the Magic Feather competition and this will be separate, I think it would be awesome to have a Qudditch World Cup theme. Even though we already did it in the House Cup, there's so much we could do with it.
I don't know, I feel like having it Harry Potter specific is kind of redundant, considering we already did it like you said. We don't really have to have a theme either, just like a "Year End Event" :p.

Maybe if we use the top 16 people, we could consolidate 4 rounds into 24 days instead of 3 rounds in 30 days, we could do the following.

Round 1: December 1st - December 5th
1 vs 16
2 vs 15
3 vs 14
4 vs 13
5 vs 12
6 vs 11
7 vs 10
8 vs 9

Reviews in by December 6th

Round 2: December 6th - December 11th:
Group 1: 1 vs 16 winner VS 8 vs 9 Winner
Group 2: 2 vs 15 winner VS 7 vs 10 Winner
Group 3: 3 vs 14 winner VS 6 vs 11 Winner
Group 4: 4 vs 13 winner VS 5 vs 12 Winner

Reviews in by December 12th

Round 3: December 12th - 17th:
Group A: Group 1 winner VS Group 4 Winner
Group B: Group 2 winner VS Group 3 Winner

Reviews in by December 18th

Round 4: December 18th - December 23rd
Group A winner VS Group B Winner

Results/Winner in on December 25th!

Then, we have a great, New Years Celebration on the 31st!

Or is that too complicated? :p;):D

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I don't know, I feel like having it Harry Potter specific is kind of redundant, considering we already did it like you said. We don't really have to have a theme either, just like a "Year End Event" :p.

Maybe if we use the top 16 people, we could consolidate 4 rounds into 24 days instead of 3 rounds in 30 days, we could do the following.

1 vs 16
2 vs 15
3 vs 14
4 vs 13
5 vs 12
6 vs 11
7 vs 10
8 vs 9

That sounds perfect.

spacemt354

Chili's

1 vs 16
2 vs 15
3 vs 14
4 vs 13
5 vs 12
6 vs 11
7 vs 10
8 vs 9

I think that's a fine way to go about it:)

I just hope we get 16 active people...that's always when it's the most fun (and when we all make the best projects...when everyone is into it!:D)

I wonder though, if someone who makes it into the 16 knows they will be busy in December, can they nominate another member to take their place? Someone who they know will be eager and actually want to play regardless of the standings?

Just as an example, Vox probably wouldn't make it in based on the points...but we all know he's great and let's say he wanted to play.

If I knew I was busy, could I give up my slot to Vox so that an active player competes? o_O

Voxel

President of Progress City
I think that's a fine way to go about it:)

I just hope we get 16 active people...that's always when it's the most fun (and when we all make the best projects...when everyone is into it!:D)

I wonder though, if someone who makes it into the 16 knows they will be busy in December, can they nominate another member to take their place? Someone who they know will be eager and actually want to play regardless of the standings?

Just as an example, Vox probably wouldn't make it in based on the points...but we all know he's great and let's say he wanted to play.

If I knew I was busy, could I give up my slot to Vox so that an active player competes? o_O
I don't think that it is a bad idea. I don't see many players giving up their slots but you never know.
I was thinking more along the lines of judging or doing a brawl styles as the king :p haha.

spacemt354

Chili's
I don't think that it is a bad idea. I don't see many players giving up their slots but you never know.
I was thinking more along the lines of judging or doing a brawl styles as the king :p haha.
I'm taking the mcat again in december so I'm probably not going to risk my future by re-designing Heimlich's Choo Choo Train:p:hilarious:

Thought I'd be happy to help out in any way needed though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom