2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival

hopemax

I'm scared of the prices for the food booths and portion size. Since 2010, in our non-Christmas years, we've been going to visit my parents during Food & Wine, and using our Disney Dream dollars to fund our visits to our food booths. When we started, we could do all the booths we wanted and still have $75+ to spend someway else. Last time, I think we made our run and ended up with about $8 for other things. This year, we will probably have $300-$325 and I'm concerned it won't be enough! I can't imagine what it would be like if we didn't treat our Dream dollars as play money. And my husband is on board (this is one of his favorite things about WDW), that this is probably the last time we will try to "do it all." That usually takes about 3 days in Epcot, and in future trips we'll probably just go one day, if we don't start thinking that everything is just too expensive and portions too small, and skip it altogether. We eat pretty well at Windermere Food Truck night. Not exactly the same as Food & Wine, but our tummies leave happy.

rael ramone

I'm scared of the prices for the food booths and portion size. Since 2010, in our non-Christmas years, we've been going to visit my parents during Food & Wine, and using our Disney Dream dollars to fund our visits to our food booths. When we started, we could do all the booths we wanted and still have $75+ to spend someway else. Last time, I think we made our run and ended up with about $8 for other things. This year, we will probably have $300-$325 and I'm concerned it won't be enough! I can't imagine what it would be like if we didn't treat our Dream dollars as play money. And my husband is on board (this is one of his favorite things about WDW), that this is probably the last time we will try to "do it all." That usually takes about 3 days in Epcot, and in future trips we'll probably just go one day, if we don't start thinking that everything is just too expensive and portions too small, and skip it altogether. We eat pretty well at Windermere Food Truck night. Not exactly the same as Food & Wine, but our tummies leave happy.

On the 'Food' side of the Food & Wine ledger, I've found that the quality, quantity and price of the food samples is example #1 in the 'Charge More While Offer Less' mantra that they've been following. My last trip for that time of year I found much of the food to be of the 'one bite then into the trash' variety (with descriptions that sounded good and years ago would have been good). The tipping point for me was the Chimichurri being reduced to a teaspoon on the Argentinian steak.

Clamman73

I hear ya...I see myself more at Sunshine, Katsura, Patisserie or Yorkshire this fall than the booths except to try some of the beers.

Jimmy Thick

There was a lot of new and really good offerings last year, hopefully they continue that trend.

I do remember a pumpkin beer that was gross but they had a hash that was really good, totally looking forward to this and will be there opening day.

Jimmy Thick- Anticipation.

Communicore

Yes, Sister Hazel will get another opportunity to do multiple encores of "All For You." Also, Soul Asylum will be there, they sang "Misery" which is one of the unofficial Cosmic Ray's CM theme songs during that time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom