2016 Candlelight Processional

cslafferty

When do they typically start announcing dates/narrators? I know it's early, but I would like to get an idea before the 180 day mark. We all know that advanced planning is a must nowadays!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
It will be a while before they announce the narrators and the first list they release usually has a few missing and it's not the final list. They are not always announced by 180 days out nor are the candlelight dining packages released 180 days out. Usually the candlelight dining packages are released once the narrators are released and that's often not right at 180 days. :)

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

The packages for CP are usually not released until August/September give or take each year. Narrators are usually released a little while before that. We go in early December often as it's our favorite time and it's just a waiting game for more holiday events info. Also CP usually starts the day after Thanksgiving each year. :)

Upvote 0

DisneyRoy

The narrator list isn't always finalized before the dining packages are released. We went first week of December last year and the narrators for our week weren't announced until probably October - early November time frame.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

The narrator list isn't always finalized before the dining packages are released. We went first week of December last year and the narrators for our week weren't announced until probably October - early November time frame.

Yep that has been our experience too. They usually release a tentative schedule around August/September but the final list usually was not until October or November. :)

Upvote 0

PinnySmart

When do they typically start announcing dates/narrators? I know it's early, but I would like to get an idea before the 180 day mark. We all know that advanced planning is a must nowadays!
I don't know about the other members but I never seem to have a problem getting the CP dining package. I go a lot on the spur of the moment during the holidays with not much advance notice and can usually get a reservation. I may have just had good luck though. Have others found the reservations hard to get?

Upvote 0

cslafferty

Original Poster
It's not the CP dining package I'm concerned about. But I don't want to make reservations elsewhere on a night we end up at the CP

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

It's not the CP dining package I'm concerned about. But I don't want to make reservations elsewhere on a night we end up at the CP

I just offered that info just in case you needed it, but you still will have to wait until about August/September to see a tentative list of the CP narrators. We never do the CP dining package either but have to wait almost as long just to get a tentative schedule as it's never out usually 180 days ahead. :)

Upvote 0

cslafferty

Original Poster
I just offered that info just in case you needed it, but you still will have to wait until about August/September to see a tentative list of the CP narrators. We never do the CP dining package either but have to wait almost as long just to get a tentative schedule as it's never out usually 180 days ahead. :)
Thanks! It's just frustrating because the way things are, you're kind of forced to plan things way out, but you can't because they don't give you all you need to know, you know?! I understand, tho, because I'm sure they can't get celebs to commit to a date this far out. Just frustrating to this uber-planner!

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Thanks! It's just frustrating because the way things are, you're kind of forced to plan things way out, but you can't because they don't give you all you need to know, you know?! I understand, tho, because I'm sure they can't get celebs to commit to a date this far out. Just frustrating to this uber-planner!

Totally understand as I'm an uber planner as well! Lol. But this is our fave time to go and it will all work out I promise. Do know that certain narrators make it harder to get in by using the standby lines so considering a CP dining package if you want a certain narrator might be the way to go to make sure you get a seat and don't have to wait hours prior in line. Lol And it's best to do a show during the week not the weekend as well if doing standby. ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom