2016 24-Hour Event at WDW

The Colonel

Does anyone have any information, insights or feelings on when the WDW 24-Hour event will be in 2016? The last couple of years it has been the Friday before Memorial Day. However, 2016 is a leap year and they may do it February 29th. Maybe, they do it both days?

disney4life2008

Memorial day is pretty certain. But honestly, I have went the last few years and outside of the park being open 24 hours its a real dud. This year was the worst. It was more fun looking at people dressed in costume in the heat. Something to experience

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

I have been to both, and honestly, I am hoping for the Leap Day event again, as it was a little cooler. I didn't go to last years memorial day event, and I heard it was a dud, but mostly because they didn't have the rare character M&G that bring in the crowds....people can complain about M&G's all they want, but they are definitely a motivating factor for people to attend.

Upvote 0

The Colonel

Original Poster
I have only been this past May so I can't compare. And although it wasn't all I thought it would be, I had a great time. I'll do it again if it's in May because I'll be there anyway.

Why do you think Memorial Day is pretty certain?

Upvote 0

DisneyDayDreamer

The only issue with doing it on Feb 29 is it's a Thursday. I think Disney might play it safe and bank on it drawing more people in on Memorial day weekend. It's normally the first weekend off for kids so Disney is really busy.

Upvote 0

Monorail_Red_77

I love these events. My oldest son and I look forward to them every year. I will say though. Last years event in 2015, every thing closed down right at 6am. Usually Mainstreet stays open until 7am or so. This past year was a hard close. meaning that at 6am absolutely nothing is open. Which is a bit weird as you walk out. If you wait till the last minute to get something in the shops, forget about it. This is different than any other time Magic Kingdom closes. Generally every night Mainstreet stays open about an hour or so after the park close. Regardless of time or day. I guess my first clue was that the good night kiss was done from the Townsquare hub at the Railroad Station in Mainstreet instead of at the Castle. Kinda like Mickeys way of saying get the heck out.

It's not the biggest deal. Its just that weird and a tiny bit disappointing when you are used to things being done a certain way. And, by the way this was the first year they did this. All other 24 events were open like normal. Park close at 6 and mainstreet at 7 (roughly)

Although it was kinda strange seeing all the doors closed and no guests inside. Just the CM's restocking selves and cleaning.

Can't wait to hear of this years event. I have heard nothing on it yet by the way. °o°

Upvote 0

Monorail_Red_77

I will say though. I think last year they announced the 24 hour even in early March. So that still gives you about two months or so to plan. March 11th I think. Seems like it is just not quite time yet for the announcement. I wish they'd hurry up though.

Upvote 0

loriloughs

Does anyone know if they are having the 24 hour party this year at the Magic Kingdom the Friday of Memorial Day? I can't find any info, but they have done this the last 2 or 3 years.

Upvote 0

threvester

Does anyone know if they are having the 24 hour party this year at the Magic Kingdom the Friday of Memorial Day? I can't find any info, but they have done this the last 2 or 3 years.
Not looking good, for that day anyway....they just moved the morning extra magic hour from tuesday of that week to friday..
I highly doubt they would have extra magic hours to kick off a 24 hour day

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom