2015 room only

princessmommy

Rates will go up when 2015 rates are announced, I got that part.
To make this a package with tickets and dining, will I have to cancel my room only and rebook it as a package?
What is the point in booking it early if that is the case?

Rob562

Making a Room Only into a package requires cancellation and rebooking. While Room-Only can be booked 499 days out (over the phone only), packages can't be booked until pricing is released over the summer.

There really isn't any major benefit to making a room-only reservation so far in advance unless it's for something that you *really really* want and that there might be a limited supply of or very busy time. (Like a garden suite at the Boardwalk on your honeymoon during Christmas...)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Mikester71

We've always booked our trips a year or so out so that we could make payments on it. When they release the package prices for the following year, we would go in and have our CAA agent cancel our room-only reservation and rebook it as a package deal and pay it off right then and there. Then we could start saving our spending money for the trip! :)

I know when my brother and MIL came with us, they liked us booking it far in advance so that they could make payments every two weeks or whenever they had some extra money.

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

The advantage to booking it early as room only, is that you have a guaranteed room. Then you can look to see if there is a discount that applies to your room type as they become available, whether it is a ticket package, free dining, or room discount.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

The advantage to booking it early as room only, is that you have a guaranteed room. Then you can look to see if there is a discount that applies to your room type as they become available, whether it is a ticket package, free dining, or room discount.
I don't really think that's true. That reservation has to be canceled and rebooked, so either way you are making a new reservation when package prices come out.

I can see the budgeting argument, but that is about it. Realistically, you can get any room for any date in 2015 if you book the day packages are released.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom