2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

G00fyDad

Not to be argumentative so don't attack, but how do we know the dates are correct? "The Site That Must Not Be Named" does this each and every year and always has to go back and adjust their dates. They always claim "inside information" but they are always wrong. Just curious how we have dates when Disney hasn't released them yet. All three Disney Travel agents I know don't even have this info yet.

mousehockey37

Not to be argumentative so don't attack, but how do we know the dates are correct? "The Site That Must Not Be Named" does this each and every year and always has to go back and adjust their dates. They always claim "inside information" but they are always wrong. Just curious how we have dates when Disney hasn't released them yet. All three Disney Travel agents I know don't even have this info yet.

If the info was just released, I could see how TA's wouldn't know yet. As far as finding the info "elsewhere", wdwmagic put this out there and not just some random member of the forum. As for the dates themselves, I'm sure looking ahead into September-November, you're able to see when the MK is going to be closing at 7pm on certain nights. So if it isn't 100% yet for the dates, it's probably pretty close.

I, myself, am surprised that just about every other night in October is a party night, so it'd be interesting to see if that truly holds for all those dates in October.

Clamman73

If the info was just released, I could see how TA's wouldn't know yet. As far as finding the info "elsewhere", wdwmagic put this out there and not just some random member of the forum. As for the dates themselves, I'm sure looking ahead into September-November, you're able to see when the MK is going to be closing at 7pm on certain nights. So if it isn't 100% yet for the dates, it's probably pretty close.

I, myself, am surprised that just about every other night in October is a party night, so it'd be interesting to see if that truly holds for all those dates in October.
October looks like the same pattern of days as last year.

jklakeview

My wife, two sons, and I went last year. We might be in the minority but we really didn't like it all that much. In my head I thought maybe cast members in costumes would have handed out unique dosney candy in a well themed area. Instead I had a generic path, with regularly dressed cast members handing out regular candy that I could buy from costco in a not so greatly themed section of the park. To me, the Christmas party is 100000000000 times better than te halloween one.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has released them in the Flower and Garden Festival Guide map.

You can see it at
http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/epco...lower-and-garden-festival-guide-map/23344.htm

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Epcot_International_Flower_Garden_Festival_2015_Menu.jpg

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
This is definitely going to make MK and EPCOT 2 extremely busy places from Mid-September through November.

I wonder if they're going to keep the prices the same, or if they're going to raise them some? Also, knowing that there will probably be the Soiree again, will they add more villains to take the place of the ones that are at the Soiree?

We did the Soiree last year and it was a blast! Hopefully we can get the early seating this year (if they have it) as closing down the park and taking the last monorail to the TTC left my DW and myself a bit tired.

mousehockey37

We did the Soiree last year and it was a blast! Hopefully we can get the early seating this year (if they have it) as closing down the park and taking the last monorail to the TTC left my DW and myself a bit tired.

I did the party last year for the first time, and for me, it was nice to go and see what it was all about, but I probably won't do this again for awhile. With the way that Disney did a bait and switch on the party with adding the Soiree at the last minute (I was at the Sept 9th party), and how they changed the Villain's Mix and Mingle to just a stage show and no mingle, I felt that I didn't get what I paid for, especially when these big changes were made so close to the parties after tickets had been on sale all summer. The fireworks were great, but the parade was somewhat of a let down as well with more things being taken out than put in. Like I said though, it was definitely a different experience and not everything was bad, but there's things they need to work on. One of the biggest things is making sure they get non-party guests out of the park at 7pm. We saw people being ushered out right before the first parade at 8:15, so there's definitely areas of improvement.

Also, I hope that, like I mentioned earlier, they add more villains/characters to replace the ones that are going to be in the Soiree. They didn't last year and with Maleficent being an advertised villain as well as in demand at that time with the popularity of the movie, that was a pretty big blow to a bunch of people in the first few parties.

draybook

I'm skeptical that they might add those earlier dates. If not then we might not be going in September, as our departure date is set for the 9th. We would just postpone it but that's also the day our AP's expire, and I sure as hell don't plan on re-upping just for those parties....

Bolt

They could have done 7pm park closures before they finalized the parties since those hours are released earlier. Wouldn't be surprised to see the hours on 1st, 4th and 7th to be adjusted to be later.

mousehockey37

On Disneyprepschool, there is a party on the 1st and 4th. I think WDWMagic is wrong on this one

They could be, but they did post the image of the park map for flower and garden with the dates posted in it. As myself and a few others pointed out, Labor Day isn't until the 7th of September and it doesn't make sense to be having the Halloween party before Labor Day. They could do it, but I don't see where or why they would. It doesn't seasonally fit.

Bolt

As @Bolt has said and @wdwmagic has proof, the map for the Flower and Garden Festival is out and the dates for the party are on it. I think that's pretty concrete proof. Not to mention, you're doubting 2, IMHO, of the most trusted sources on this entire forum.
Also - there's 25 dates listed in the map. Having the other 3 would make it 28, which would be a record by a long shot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom