2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

note2001

I am confused, so if you have just a Chase bank account, you can access the lounge? Can someone clear this up for me?

If you have a Chase credit card you can access the lounge, we did it last year. Note that it does NOT need to be a Disney Chase card, any Chase card will get you in.

Thank you! Looking forward to finally seeing an Epcot lounge!

Thank you for asking that question - I too had assumed it had to be the Disney Chase Visa to gain access. Any break in EPCOT is a welcome one.

michmousefan

Thank you for asking that question - I too had assumed it had to be the Disney Chase Visa to gain access. Any break in EPCOT is a welcome one.
Yep, the break is welcome... the drinks are complimentary and cold, there are ample places to recharge devices and phones, and the AC seemed to be working quite well last time I was up there. Never got one of the wristbands for Illuminations but that will be a goal this time.

DisneyDebRob

I am confused, so if you have just a Chase bank account, you can access the lounge? Can someone clear this up for me?

If you have a Chase credit card you can access the lounge, we did it last year. Note that it does NOT need to be a Disney Chase card, any Chase card will get you in.
I will tell you that it is up to the CM whether they let you in if you don't show the Disney Chase card. We go in every year but our friends who have tried weren't allowed in 3 out of 4 years now. They were told only the disney card will get them in. The time they did get in it was no problem at all. They went by themselves and not with us. I know Steve has said that all chase members get in which makes there experience very bizarre.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I will tell you that it is up to the CM whether they let you in if you don't show the Disney Chase card. We go in every year but our friends who have tried weren't allowed in 3 out of 4 years now. They were told only the disney card will get them in. The time they did get in it was no problem at all. They went by themselves and not with us. I know Steve has said that all chase members get in which makes there experience very bizarre.
Thats really strange, it should be all Chase Card holders. Could be a lack of info on those CMs behalf.

BrightImagine

I have to ask, and please, don't think I'm knocking vegetarianism or anything of the kind, but if (though I'm sure I'll be told if incorrect) 4 main ingredients of haggis are stomach, liver, heart and tongue. If all 4 are to be replaced by non meat options, why call it haggis at all?
Myself, as a carnivore, would still take your option of twice as many deserts if they offered traditional haggis though. :hungover:
I think it's just a cute name meant to create curiosity. But it's delicious.

CSUFSteve

Reservationists seem to have no clue about Premium Packages. To my hostess's credit, she tried a billion things, but her system kept insisting on a "time", and her leads/supervisors were completely clueless. By the end of our call, it was clear others were having the same problem and the leads/supervisors realized something was going on.

I ended the call with the Discovery Sampler Package, and something else called a "Premium Package" (but with no CC information required), so that doesn't sound right. She apologized profusely and suggested calling back "later", to give them time to get their story straight.

Anyone else have better luck? The chaos wasn't entirely unexpected since Disney put out NO info about this package beforehand.

LorangeJuice

I was pleasantly surprised to hear that the Premium Package would be available again this year when I asked over the phone this morning. However, the poor CM couldn't pull it up in the system either. She read what was included in the package and gave me the price, and kept trying to pull it up the whole time. Since 1 of the 3 demos I wanted was already sold out (Noah French) I just went and booked the other 2 I wanted.

The CM suggested I try back again for the PP later, but she had no idea when it would come up in the system. So, I asked her if I could get a credit for one of the demos I booked since the PP includes 1 demo or seminar in the package. The CM was great and IMed her manager who said all demos and seminars are non-transferable and non-refundable. In other words the answer was no. I said that's fine, but you see how this gets folks into a conundrum because if there's an event you want, you need to book it now before it sells out and/or once the PP does come up in the system, in order to get the full value out of it, you need to book another demo or event, and there may not be any (or at least any good ones) left. She understood and apologized. There are worse problems to have in life, but I gave the CM an excellent rating and left my comments on the system malfunction and the conundrum in the survey after the call.

EDIT: And I do remember the reservationist asking me for dates for the PPs but not any "times."

Last edited:

CSUFSteve

I was pleasantly surprised to hear that the Premium Package would be available again this year when I asked over the phone this morning. However, the poor CM couldn't pull it up in the system either. She read what was included in the package and gave me the price, and kept trying to pull it up the whole time. Since 1 of the 3 demos I wanted was already sold out (Noah French) I just went and booked the other 2 I wanted.

I managed to get the Premium Package earlier today, so, whew! :) But they still weren't able to attach a seminar to it so I still have to call back later for that. Also confirmed that we can use the Discovery Sampler Package entitlements while in the Premium areas, so that's cool.

EDIT: Looks like the Disney Food Blog has the details now. However, it appears confirmed that it's the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party, not the Late Nights Live as I had originally assumed. So that's what the 8:30 pm booking is associated with my reservation. It does also include choice of either beverage or culinary seminar. According to my reservationist, the Premium Package is NOT limited to Disney Resort Hotel guests.

Last edited:

LorangeJuice

I was just able to get the PP. She told me we each get 4 vouchers for marketplace items, so maybe that combined with the demo substitutes for the $50 gift card...? I also was not able to attach a demo but got the Late Nights LIVE! I was also told about the gift bag with the bottle and the glass, but she said it had a corkscrew as well.

I take it since I'm staying on property, I can ask for the gift bag to be sent to my room just like any other merchandise...? Or at least have it sent to the gate for pickup upon park exit (which may not work for the 8:30 LIVE! event that night now that I think about it)...?

I have no idea what is going on, but it should be fun! :):hungry:

bfish

I just boooked it as well, my CM was pretty clueless about it too. I have no idea exactly what i am getting for my $200 lol

JohnD

Tentatively looking at the week of November 8 (last week of F&W festival). When else would you get to overlap it with MVMCP and the Osborne lights?

JohnD

So, for $199, I'm trying to figure out the cost of what's included. Below are my estimates:
  • $50: 4 entitlement tabs. A year ago, they included a $50 gift card. Although they also had special night parties with the tabs. I guess they decided to go with the tabs overall for the Premium event. I'm still assuming a value of $50 or $12.50/entitlement
  • $49: Illuminations Dessert Party. Price if paid separately.
  • $30: MB (Deluxe MBs usually run $29.95. Round to $30
  • $20: Bottle of wine
  • $15: Cost of one food or beverage seminar
  • $13: Wine glass. You get this type with F&W logo on it. Disney Store sells a BOG glass for $12.95. Round to $13.
  • $5: Bag. You get a bag, comparable to this one with all the goodies in it.
  • $17: Overhead, etc.
  • Priceless: Access to premium package areas with special seating to purchase more food/drink

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom