2015-16 Soccer/Association Football Thread

jw24

Original Poster
Here's a thread for all things soccer or football. In the past, there was a thread about the Premier League but I want this thread to be about anything football/soccer related. All leagues or clubs are welcome for discussion. And feel free to chime in on Euro 2016 qualifiers, international friendlies or even the early stages of World Cup qualifying, as well.

As for me, I'm a huge Arsenal fan. Not a good start against West Ham but a nice bounce back win last week against Crystal Palace. Big game against Liverpool tomorrow. Also support the USA men's national team. Overall, a disastrous Gold Cup this summer and I'm dreading the one-game playoff for the Confederations Cup spot in October against Mexico.

WDW Guru

Arsenal has not had the best start to the season and for me being a Chelsea fan, Im loving it. Now our start on the other hand has been just as bad. We've had controversy and 2 red cards already. I hope we are able to bounce back from this bad start to the season and its looking like Pedro is already paying off and going to be a good signing.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
FIFA suspends Blatter, Platini for 90 days
http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cu...-and-michel-platini-get-provisional-fifa-bans

FIFA's ethics committee has provisionally banned Sepp Blatter, Michel Platini and Jerome Valcke for 90 days in the wake of a Swiss criminal investigation.

FIFA presidential candidate Chung Mong-joon has also been handed a six-year ban.

It had been widely reported on Wednesday that FIFA president Blatter was set to face the sanction, while news of UEFA president Platini's impending suspension was also leaked to the media.

Platini, a candidate for the FIFA presidency in February's emergency election, issued a statement on Thursday morning accusing the governing body of "an attempt to damage my reputation."

Blatter and Platini will now not be involved in any football activity for the next three months while investigations continue. The 90-day suspension can also be extended by a further 45 days.

Blatter's lawyer has said the FIFA president "did not engage in any misconduct, criminal or otherwise," with the Swiss "disappointed" that the ethics committee did not give him a chance to be heard and looking to clear his name.

FIFA secretary general Valcke, who had already been released from his duties after allegations relating to World Cup ticket sales, has been handed the same suspension.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom