2014 Pricing will be release on July 10th.

Zman-ks

Awesome! My calendar is marked! ;)
75.gif

Upvote 0

GiveMeTheMusic

I noticed a mid-year Dining Plan price spike was released last week as well for 2013 packages going forward. It's reached the price point where it would be too much work to squeeze any value out of it.

Upvote 0

WoodyNBuzz

That's the day we head home from WDW. Will have to check into a trip in 2014 for our 10 year wedding anniversary before we leave for the airport.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Great news! Surprised it's so late, though, since this is beyond the start of the 180-day dining window for January 2014. Regardless, I'm sure we'll be fine booking our dining and resort resie on 7/10 :)

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

That's not true. It was July last year.

I didn't set the 180-day booking window, Disney did. It would be most reasonable (to me) to then release packages 180 days out from January 1st, so your guests can get the most of your marketed 180+10 ADR policy for resort guests.

Not to mention, August would be pretty late to allow people to start booking for January. One would think Disney would like people to book more than 5 months out if possible.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. Just surprising to me.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

That's not true. It was July last year.

That's why I said "except for the last 2 years".

It is surprising to me with the 180 day window, but I've been following this since I became a travel agent over 10 years ago, and honestly, even though it doesn't make sense from the 180 day window, they have historical precedent.

See http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#rack for 2010 - 2013.

Prior years were almost always August (and September for Disneyland!)

For WDW, you can book the next year before these rates are released, just not online and your pricing may be adjusted once the real rates are released. You can't do that for Disneyland.

Here's the data from MouseSavers:

Release Dates for Full Price (“Rack”) Room Rates

• 2010 Walt Disney World resort room rates were released August 2, 2009.
  • 2011 Walt Disney World resort room rates were released July 18, 2010 (phone bookings only – online bookings started August 8, 2010).
  • 2012 Walt Disney World resort room rates were released June 10, 2011 (phone bookings only – online bookings started June 12, 2011).
  • 2013 Walt Disney World resort room rates were released July 11, 2012.
Release Dates for Full Price Vacation Packages

• 2010 Walt Disney World vacation packages were released August 2, 2009.
  • 2011 Walt Disney World vacation packages were released August 8, 2010.
  • 2012 Walt Disney World vacation packages were released June 12, 2011.
  • 2013 Walt Disney World vacation packages were released July 11, 2012.

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

finally! the news weve been waiting for! our next trip is april 26th to may 3rd, 2014. itll be our third trip (2010 and 2012) this will be for our honeymoon as well. Our daughter will be 3 and son will be 7. Going to stay in the little mermaid rooms. Cant wait to book!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom