2014 Logo Desgign Contest Winner Announced

Ignohippo

So the same person created all three?! The epic fail is on Disney's part for hiring the same artist and not getting three completely different viewpoints. What garbage.

I'm a freelance graphic designer and I can't comprehend a project this important, for this big of a company, going to only one artist. Yes, those designs really lack creativity. They're just regurgitating things the have been done for years.

Genie of the Lamp

One seriously needs to question Dave from Texas as he wants/wanted all 3 logos that were in the running to be placed on select merchandise for 2014. Patty Landing, you shouldn't be creative manager of the Disney Design Group. You should be demoted to just being an employee at the Disney Design Group. Time to instill more creative team members to this group. As @AquaDuck said, no hope for Parks Blog humanity. And Rochelle, Mary Blair would not seem so honored by this through her internal feelings. Suprised I didn't witness Steven Miller shed tears like he does when vinylmations get sold.

bethymouse

Interesting! I thought it looked a bit IASW-ish.;)
The castle colors are like the "cake" design back years ago!:)
If they put the design in a snow globe, it might be kinda pretty!:)

Texas84

mean_zpsd3790ab2.jpg

InsiderImagine

What's funny is you all seem to think she only created 3 designs.

She didn't.

There were numerous designs that she made, some amazing.

However, executives wanted something familiar.

As usual they used the Disney Parks Blog to post familiar artwork and let guests decide which was more repetitive.

Lexxweb

You could tell from the get-go that this was going to be the winning design. People like classical things. The simple/elegant castle with 2014 written on it looks sleeker and easier to market on merchandise options than something super cartoonish like the other two.
Wouldn't be surprised if those votes were tipped in favor tbh..
void0-33.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom