2010 park merchandise

the1nonlysinger

Original Poster
Quick question--
We're going to be at WDW 2nd week in December. (Never been at this time of year before.)

From your experience- Will there still be 2010 merchandise left or will they all be out? Also, what IS left- will the price be severely marked down?
Thanks! :)

MKCP 1985

The Disney Stores website has some 2010 theme park merchandise discounted by 20% at their website. You could order it in advance and wear it when you are down there. I think the discount code password is "disneyfan" and you get free shipping if you order more than $75 worth of gear.

Whether it will be available in the stores down there during that time is something we will both find out at the same time. :D

I remember seeing 2010 gear in late 2009 last year, but they may have had both. I just can't remember.

the1nonlysinger

Original Poster
The Disney Stores website has some 2010 theme park merchandise discounted by 20% at their website. You could order it in advance and wear it when you are down there. I think the discount code password is "disneyfan" and you get free shipping if you order more than $75 worth of gear.

Whether it will be available in the stores down there during that time is something we will both find out at the same time. :D

I remember seeing 2010 gear in late 2009 last year, but they may have had both. I just can't remember.

That's too funny! That was the EXACT reason why I asking. I actually have my order in the cart ready to process and the site went down right after I entered my CC info and pressed "Complete Order". :hammer:GAH.

I was wondering if the 2010 clearance deals online really *are* big deals- since there might be more selection in the parks- and they might be discounted even more. I'm afraid I'm going to buy ahead and then end up splurging when I'm there too- and ending up spending way too much in general. lol But I can't pass up a good sale!!:lol: And I also can't stand the idea of waiting and finding there's nothing left when I get there!

disney dharling

Seems like I've seen both in the parks at the end of the year. They definitely start sending over some of the current years stuff to the outlets. In 2009 I picked up some good stuff there.

timeman

I was there last year in the second week of December and they still had 2009 merchandise out at that time. They did discount the merchandise and all pins with 2009 on them were discounted 50% off. They didn't have a sign telling you that, but when they rung them up they rang up that way. You should be able to find a decent selection of 2010 merchandise when you go the second week of December.

loveofamouse

There are offsite stores that will carry previous year's stuff really cheap. In 08, I forgot my pjs and got a 2007 tshirt offsite for about $3

Cmdr_Crimson

Ironically I was just on a project for my job in Arizona and on my time off I'd go to Arizona Mills that has a Disney Store outlet selling 2010 DL Shirts for $7.99.

sarajo

Yes, you will have plenty of 2010 merchandise during the 2nd week of Dec - we are always there the week between Christmas and New Years and there is still a lot of it on the shelves, and usually highly discounted.

pacochran

If I were you I would check out the outlets if you can because in the past the 2010 thngs have started to appear in the outlets and at 50% off the retail price. It has become one of our traditions to hit the outlets on the first day of our trip, as we usually rent a car to get us to the resort, and buy food. I think you will still find some in the park if I rmember correctly. We will be there the 3rd thru the 12th this year too.

Tistal

Yes, you will have plenty of 2010 merchandise during the 2nd week of Dec - we are always there the week between Christmas and New Years and there is still a lot of it on the shelves, and usually highly discounted.

Where were you looking (so I know for this year; not suggesting you are incorrect)? We were there last year 12/13-12/19, and I couldn't find 2009 scrapbook stuff to save my life; I felt like I searched all over. All I could find was 2010 stuff.

I will admit, there were tons of shirts and some ornaments still, but I couldn't find any 2009 scrapbook stuff. I ended up coming home and ordering some stuff through ebay. I looked in all of the parks and DTD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom