2008 Passholder room-only "discount"

imamouse

I received a Passholder email today for room-only discounts Feb 18 - Mar 6 which states:

*Rate available for stays most Sunday–Thursday nights 2/18–3/6/08 in a standard room.

Sunday - Thursday nights ONLY? Reduced AP perk alert!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I received a Passholder email today for room-only discounts Feb 18 - Mar 6 which states:

*Rate available for stays most Sunday–Thursday nights 2/18–3/6/08 in a standard room.

Sunday - Thursday nights ONLY? Reduced AP perk alert!
The time frame for that discount is during peak season. Chances are the weekends are already sold out or pretty close to it. I am surprised an AP rate was give out at all for those dates. There was an AP rate for the dates prior to htat that covered all 7 days of the week.

Upvote 0

imamouse

Original Poster
Yes, but the other post doesn't specifically mention the Sun-Thurs only offer. This is my first encounter with this new AP pricing, so I'm a little taken aback.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

It may not be that actually. Remember that the ad only mentions the one price for Sunday - Thursday. Fridays & Saturdays may be higher based on the day to day pricing that was mentioned a while ago. So you might be able to get the AP rate of $79.00 on your check in night but if you want to stay on Friday it might be say $89 or $99 or whatever depending on what the pricing is and IF AP discounts are available for that night as well. Basically every night will be taken individually. If an AP rate is available it will be given, if it is a weekend or a holiday evening it might be higher than the quoted $79 even with the AP rate. It may be even higher if there isnt an AP rate available for that particular night. So in theory every night of your stay could be a differrent price. I dont know if I did a great job of explaining it as it looks so confusing down in writing!!!! Hope this helps!!! Belle

Upvote 0

imamouse

Original Poster
Yes, that's my understanding as well. Like I said - it's going to take me a while to get used to the new pricing. Like it or not - it is what it is and in the end I'm the one who will have to adjust. Thanks for letting me vent.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Of course!!! It is a pretty confusing system especially for those of us who had it great for so many years with the single prcing for all of the nights of a given trip!!! Belle

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Yes, that's my understanding as well. Like I said - it's going to take me a while to get used to the new pricing. Like it or not - it is what it is and in the end I'm the one who will have to adjust. Thanks for letting me vent.

I'm with you on this one. I've been searching for rates for a couple of different weekend nights in Feb. and the rates are really bad even with the AP discount. Then I noticed the whole "Sunday through Thursday" thing and basically said: welcome to 2008. I guess that's what it's going to be like now? So sad. Kinda puts a damper on those last minute weekend trips. Looks like I'll be driving over and back and not staying :(

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I'm with you on this one. I've been searching for rates for a couple of different Saturdays in Feb. and the rates are really bad even with the AP discount. Then I noticed the whole "Sunday through Thursday" thing and basically said: welcome to 2008. I guess that's what it's going to be like now? So sad. Kinda puts a damper on those last minute weekend trips. Looks like I'll be driving over and back and not staying :(

Keep an eye out for rates at the Hilton in LBV, because at times I've seen $99 rates their and they have the emh benefit. Also, the Marriott Orlando World Center has at times some very inexpensive rates and right outside the gates of WDW and it's a very nice hotel, I've stayed their.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I just found the actual mailer for this offer (one of the many people on my accoutn got it) code FHZ right?

If so, SSR and OKW are only $149 most nights 1/21-2/13

Come to thinkl of it - this aint the AP offer, this is Florida Resident, but at the same rates. Maybe check under this code too?

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Keep an eye out for rates at the Hilton in LBV, because at times I've seen $99 rates their and they have the emh benefit. Also, the Marriott Orlando World Center has at times some very inexpensive rates and right outside the gates of WDW and it's a very nice hotel, I've stayed their.

Bid $60 on a resort in LBV through priceline - only Hilton ever offers that rate, so the chances of getting anyone else is non-existent, though it's not always offered.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Ack, my brain hurts - different dates on FL-resident offer too.

Early Feb not late feb.

Gah - does anyone have a "possible discount matrix" we could perhaps look at?

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Yeah, same here, no late Feb for FL Res only for AP. So far I have this:

I used Coronado Springs:

Sat. 2/2 $112 Fl Res
Sat. 2/2 $168 AP

Sun. 2/3 $112 Fl Res
Sun. 2/3 $112 AP

Fri. 2/15 $230 AP
Sun. 2/17 $230 AP

No Fl Res rates for late Feb.
Late Feb is Peak Season
Early Feb is Value Season

All of these were the same room type.

So some of it follows what we were saying and some of it blows our theory out of the water. I guess it's going to be hard to predict, based on availability which you won't know until you try.

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I can't find a place on Disney's site to enter a code like your FHZ

I get virtually the same price for 2/15 as I do for 2/29 so I guess those "pin" dates don't apply to AP

Upvote 0

New2WDW

OOOOOH, DISCOUNTS! I want some! (That's my ELF Christmas gram impression)

I received a pin code late last year and it ended up being the same discount that was put out to the public just days later. I am hoping they throw out some more discounts my way!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom