2008 Marathon Weekend: How Did You Do?

SpongeScott

Original Poster
If you ran this weekend, report in and let us know how you did!

I ran the half this morning in 2:41:21, for my first half ever. What a great experience and I'll definitely do it again next year. I wish I had been a little quicker, but I'll take it. I <3 my medal.:)

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Congrats on the medal :sohappy:

We have one here that my son won in Cross Country at WWoS a while back. They are really nifty!

kgray18

Great job Scott! How crazy to bump into you in Corral C! This was our first half marathon too and we were happy with our time. 2:11:47 (my husband beat me by one second!)

We had so much fun and willmost likely run another one. Took the family to MK after the race and had a blast.

speck76

I did my first full marathon this year...I finished and got one of these

DSC_0001.jpg

next year, I think I will try the Goofy Challenge :D

SpongeScott

Original Poster
Great job Scott! How crazy to bump into you in Corral C! This was our first half marathon too and we were happy with our time. 2:11:47 (my husband beat me by one second!)

We had so much fun and willmost likely run another one. Took the family to MK after the race and had a blast.
That was bizarre that I look up and there you are 10 feet from me! Great time on the race. I thought I saw you and your husband go by me like a blur at the start of the race. :animwink:

Any pictures from out there on the course?
I didn't take any while running, but I did get some outside of Animal Kingdom on Sunday morning around mile 18. I'll post them when I get back home later this week.

gatordoc

Did my first Goofy and finished :D

I ran the half in 2:45, which is about an hour slower than my usual half pace. I was trying to conserve energy for the next day, and felt really good at the end of the race.

In the full, I did 5:12, which is again about an hour slower than my usual marathon pace, but in this one that was really the best I could have done. Once again this year, it was just too hot, and although I wasn't as sore afterwards as I thought I might be, it was a struggle to get to the finish.

Overall, it was a great experience, and I actually might try it again someday. Not next year, although I did just sign up for the 2009 marathon...

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
If you ran this weekend, report in and let us know how you did!

I ran the half this morning in 2:41:21, for my first half ever. What a great experience and I'll definitely do it again next year. I wish I had been a little quicker, but I'll take it. I <3 my medal.:)
Nice job Scott! I was never a long distance runner...always a sprinter..I had the 4th best time in the state of Illinois in the 100 meter dash back in 1991 :king: and I had the longest qualifing distance in long jump but I didn't place because I messed up my jumping mark.:brick:

phenom1307

i'm thinking about signing up for next year....

but i was just wondering where the running takes place....i heard from somebody that it started in the parks, i'm not sure they meant actually inside the park or outside the park but right next to it. if anyone could fill me in thatd be great

tigsmom

i'm thinking about signing up for next year....

but i was just wondering where the running takes place....i heard from somebody that it started in the parks, i'm not sure they meant actually inside the park or outside the park but right next to it. if anyone could fill me in thatd be great

Inside and outside...it was great seeing the runners go thru the castle.

Check out this video...Click Here

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom