……

ToTBellHop

yep, they typically tape during the first week of December, on a gorgeous, sunny day. It's funny b/c some years they talk about how it's sunny and in the mid 70s as if it's live and then you check weather.com and it's rainy and in the 50s...did they ever tape the parade live?

I'm sure Regis and Kelly are back this year...

Figment1986

yep, they typically tape during the first week of December, on a gorgeous, sunny day. It's funny b/c some years they talk about how it's sunny and in the mid 70s as if it's live and then you check weather.com and it's rainy and in the 50s...did they ever tape the parade live?

probably untill it became a rainy day... besides with post they can go in and make a cloudy sky turn into a bright blue sky... I've seen it in person ;)

Dont know if i feel like participating... I do like watching it though, esp since they break rules my teacher tells us not to break. lol (Radio Television Student)

Animaniac93-98

It used to be a live broadcast about the parade. Now it's a two hour taped commercial about anything but the parade. The Easter Parade was also live.

PeoplemoverTTA

*sigh* I miss watching the WDW Easter parade on TV. Wish I knew why they got rid of it :confused:

I agree with those who lament the parade turning into a big commercial. I love Samantha Brown, and was excited to see she would be in the parade, but give me a break. A segment in the parade devoted to DVC? It was ridiculous!

While I will continue to watch it to bring a bit of Disney "magic" into our cold, snowy Christmases here, I admittedly keep it mostly on in the background now.

prberk

It used to be a live broadcast about the parade. Now it's a two hour taped commercial about anything but the parade. The Easter Parade was also live.

I can't agree with you more. Live made all the difference. Kinetic energy abounded, and it was just fun.

Now, it is just a commercial -- and a bland one at that!

Paul

Yeah if I can make it back down after moving to SC in Nov. and getting married I want to try and be at the taping this year, I missed it last year and really want to go to it this year if work and money permit it.

ToTBellHop

*sigh* I miss watching the WDW Easter parade on TV. Wish I knew why they got rid of it :confused:

I agree with those who lament the parade turning into a big commercial. I love Samantha Brown, and was excited to see she would be in the parade, but give me a break. A segment in the parade devoted to DVC? It was ridiculous!

While I will continue to watch it to bring a bit of Disney "magic" into our cold, snowy Christmases here, I admittedly keep it mostly on in the background now.
not cold and snowy anymore...it was a green Christmas in Rochester, at least, last year! GRRR!!!!!!!!

I agree that the parade has gone downhill...I watch it just so I can see Disney, but it's an extended vacation planning dvd anymore...I miss the Easter Parade.

BRER STITCH

As, I get more information, I will post it for you, as everyone deserves to be apart of this wonderful experience. :xmas:

Thanks for the info, PSHEEDER! :wave:

We're looking forward to experiencing our first WDW Christmas Parade taping this year and will need all the info we can get!

:xmas:

EPCOT Explorer

I can't agree with you more. Live made all the difference. Kinetic energy abounded, and it was just fun.

Now, it is just a commercial -- and a bland one at that!

Paul
Sure,it's a comercial but I don't mind...It's like watching the old Disney Vacation Channel they air in Orlando.

prberk

Sure,it's a comercial but I don't mind...It's like watching the old Disney Vacation Channel they air in Orlando.

Did you ever see the live parade? (It stopped being live around 1997, I think.)

This thing that they do now is available on DVD... just order the Walt Disney World (no, excuse me... generic "Disney Parks" -- because, you know, there is really no difference between California and Florida) vacation planning video.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom