2002 unused tickets still good?

Gotta C. Mickey

Original Poster
Our 2002 WDW trip was ruined by a nasty outbreak of the Norwalk Virus. We have 3 adult and 1 child ticket with 2 unused days on each. They are park hopper tickets. My daughter is going to WDW. Over Thanksgiving Break. We were told our tickets were good anytime... No expiration. But that was almost 15 years ago... Are they still good?

halltd

Yes. The expiration option didn't appear until 2005, so any unused days prior to that are valid forever. You will have to have it converted to a new ticket at guest services, though. I'm not sure what happens to park hopper tickets issued before all four parks existed, but you should be fine on yours. My mom still has a couple of tickets with unused days from way back when they used to stamp the ticket with the date (like in old library books). I doubt she'll ever use them, though. She's just hanging on to them as mementos.

Here's an official FAQ from Disney:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/converting-old-tickets/

Dwarful

I just went through this setting my brother's tickets up to get FPs for our CHristmas trip. He has tickets from 2004. But they were able through fax, email and phone call to enable to the tickets so we could link them to our fast passes. He will have to go to guest services at the park and change out the old tickets for new ones...but they can be used. The first question the CM asked me was "Can you tell me the date and location of last use?" me..."uh Christmas 2004...hoppers so probably started at MK and ended up at Epcot...maybe but your guess is as good as mine." lol

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Our 2002 WDW trip was ruined by a nasty outbreak of the Norwalk Virus. We have 3 adult and 1 child ticket with 2 unused days on each. They are park hopper tickets. My daughter is going to WDW. Over Thanksgiving Break. We were told our tickets were good anytime... No expiration. But that was almost 15 years ago... Are they still good?
They are good. But...only for attractions that were open at the time of purchase.

Ginzuishou

I had a ticket from 1993 or something.....and they took it. I had to fill out some paperwork however (name, address, etc).
I went in not expecting them to take it, but they did. ;)

gsimpson

about 2 years ago I ran across some tickets from the mid 80s and just to see what happened I went in and the cast member at the entrance looked confused and called a supervisor over who actually took the old ticket and stamped it just like they did back then. Took perhaps 30 seconds extra to get in and precipitated a great discussion with the supervisor who had been working at Epcot since '84.

Figments Friend

No expiration means no expiration.

Yep.

As the 2001 Official Guide to Walt Disney World once proudly stated -

"When we say ' No Expiration' , we mean that the tickets don't expire until you do!"

Yes, they actually worded it that way...in a official Disney sanctioned publication!
Talk about final 'expiration'....

:eek:

:D

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom