2 separate households on the same reservation

cslafferty

Original Poster
Please forgive me if this has already been addressed elsewhere.

My DH and I will be meeting my sister at WDW in Dec. I made the reservations for the 3 of us, and we will be sharing a room. She has her own MDE account and I have linked her account to our reservation. Will she be able to link her own credit card to her band? Will she be able to order her magic band through her account and have it sent to her house (she lives in TN, we live in MI)?

Rob562

Please forgive me if this has already been addressed elsewhere.

My DH and I will be meeting my sister at WDW in Dec. I made the reservations for the 3 of us, and we will be sharing a room. She has her own MDE account and I have linked her account to our reservation. Will she be able to link her own credit card to her band? Will she be able to order her magic band through her account and have it sent to her house (she lives in TN, we live in MI)?

First, I'll start with commending you for connecting your account to her account. Many issues arise when the MDE system ends up with two (or more) "copies" of the same person, each under a different login account.

Second, since you are the "owner" of the reservation, you will customize all Bands on the reservation, including hers. All Bands will ship to your address. Once it ships, the Band will show up under *her* profile. It'll be up to you to either mail hers to her, or give it to her when you meet up in WDW. If she has another Band from a previous trip, she can use that for Magical Express, etc.

As for room charging, you can set up different credit cards for different people in the room, but it has to be done at the front desk. It cannot be set up in advance. If going that route, I suggest *not* setting up any room charging when doing online checkin, and waiting to do it all once you arrive.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
First, I'll start with commending you for connecting your account to her account. Many issues arise when the MDE system ends up with two (or more) "copies" of the same person, each under a different login account.

Second, since you are the "owner" of the reservation, you will customize all Bands on the reservation, including hers. All Bands will ship to your address. Once it ships, the Band will show up under *her* profile. It'll be up to you to either mail hers to her, or give it to her when you meet up in WDW. If she has another Band from a previous trip, she can use that for Magical Express, etc.

As for room charging, you can set up different credit cards for different people in the room, but it has to be done at the front desk. It cannot be set up in advance. If going that route, I suggest *not* setting up any room charging when doing online checkin, and waiting to do it all once you arrive.

-Rob

I absolutely agree with the last part. We won't be linking our credit cards over online check-in any more. On the past two trips, both split stays, our cards didn't end up being linked when the reservations transfered over from DRC to Resort Operations. Only found out once in the park and trying to buy something on the MB.

A Manager told me it's because the SSL connection didn't maintain while porting the secure info between servers. So it just drops the card and doesn't tell anyone.

Definitely have front desk link the credit cards.

cslafferty

Original Poster
I absolutely agree with the last part. We won't be linking our credit cards over online check-in any more. On the past two trips, both split stays, our cards didn't end up being linked when the reservations transfered over from DRC to Resort Operations. Only found out once in the park and trying to buy something on the MB.

A Manager told me it's because the SSL connection didn't maintain while porting the secure info between servers. So it just drops the card and doesn't tell anyone.

Definitely have front desk link the credit cards.
Thanks. Now that you mention it, our last stay was a split stay and we also had trouble using the card we had linked online. We will definitely be waiting until we check in at the front desk.

cslafferty

Original Poster

-Rob
Thanks. Does she have to have her magic band for Magical Express, or can I send her a copy of her paper reservation? She has never had a magic band so she can't use an old one. I'm a little nervous about shipping her band to her. We will arrive at MCO hours before her, and I don't want to wait at the airport for her - rather enjoy the parks and meet her at the hotel!;)

Rob562

Thanks. Does she have to have her magic band for Magical Express, or can I send her a copy of her paper reservation? She has never had a magic band so she can't use an old one. I'm a little nervous about shipping her band to her. We will arrive at MCO hours before her, and I don't want to wait at the airport for her - rather enjoy the parks and meet her at the hotel!;)

The paper confirmation will suffice. She could even show up with nothing and be fine. She'd just have to stop at the counter for them to look her up and print out a boarding pass for the bus.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom