2 Princesses and 2 Princes: a newbie's first PTR

Hi everyone! I would like to introduce myself to this site. I have been reading threads for a few months now as I've been planning my family's first trip to the world in May 2013. My name is Cassie and I have 2 beautiful children, ages 5 and 4, and a great husband. My husband and I grew up in Orlando and have been to WDW a long time ago but so much has changed!! I am really looking forward to getting to experience it all again and seeing it for the first time through the eyes of my kiddos. I have really enjoyed reading other trip reports and seeing the friendships on this site and I look forward to getting to know everyone here better as I finalize my plans for my trip and eventually write my first TR!

Here I am:

DSC00375 by cassierocks84, on Flickr

Here is my Minnie Mouse loving little girl:

DSC00274 by cassierocks84, on Flickr

And here is my little prince:

DSC00203 by cassierocks84, on Flickr

more to come on our trip plans soon!

Cassie S.

Original Poster
We will be at WDW from May 19th until May 24th, staying in a Little Mermaid room at AOA. I am sooo excited because Ariel was always my favorite princess and my little girl loves her as well! I am planning on getting us Weekday Select Annual passes since we live in FL (we are in the Panhandle, in the middle of Pensacola and Panama City) and that way we will have Mon-Fri at the parks. I want to do 2 days at MK and 1 for the rest of the parks. I plan on doing pretty much all CS meals because we are on a budget but I do think I will splurge on one meal at Cinderella's Royal Table since I don't know when we can afford to come back. I am so excited and I still have 6 1/2 months to go! I know to make my ADR at CRT later this month though. :)

Cassie S.

Original Poster
Time usually flies by when you DON'T want it to, lol. I know the next 6 months will pass in due time though. I have been planning this trip since April when I went back to working full time and realized I could afford it if I saved for a year. :) I put myself through a sort of WDW bootcamp and studied my behind off to learn the ins and outs of the attractions and what I would like to do while there. I am so excited!! Oh and a bit of magic that I got to experience today... I WON a $75 Disney gift card off a blog giveaway! I NEVER win anything! What an awesome Monday! :)

Cassie S.

Original Poster
ok, quick update... I had inquired about what sort of princess experience people recommend in the dining forum and decided we will have breakfast at CRT on one of our MK days. I also hope to score a dinner ADR for Le Cellier (difficult I know, but I'm gonna get on it right at the 180 day mark), TRex at DTD, and Ohana. Mmmmmm... can't wait!

Cassie S.

Original Poster
We are officially at the 180 day mark!!!! I just went on the Disney website and scored the ADR's that I wanted. I changed my mind as far as my dining preferences for this trip. Originally I was just trying to make this trip as cheap as possible. Then I started to consider all of the amazing dining options that are available at WDW. I knew I wanted a princess character meal at CRT. I also decided that Ohana looked AMAZING. I love steak so I decided Yachtsman was right up my alley. Finally, our first day will be spent at DTD so we will need to eat there as well. I thought my kids would want to eat at TRex but it turns out after seeing YouTube videos, they prefer Rainforest. So my eating plans and ADRs are as follows:

Sunday 5/19, DTD Rainforest Cafe at 7:30pm
Monday 5/20, MK Day: CRT breakfast at 9:05am (park opens at 9 so I'm looking forward to getting there 15 min early for our reservation and seeing a near empty park!)
Lunch at Cosmic Rays
Dinner?
Tuesday 5/21 DHS Day: breakfast probably in our room and maybe a treat from Starring Rolls :)
Lunch at Studio Catering (that buffalo chicken sandwich is calling my name)
Dinner at Beaches and Cream!
Wednesday 5/22 Epcot Day: breakfast? need to get some Tonga Toast one of these days...
Lunch at Sunshine Seasons
Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse at 7:30
Thursday 5/23 MK Day: breakfast? maybe Contempo Cafe
Lunch at Be Our Guest
Dinner at Ohana at 7:50
Friday 5/24 AK Day: Our Last Day :(
Breakfast in room?
Lunch at Flametree BBQ
Dinner on the drive back home to the Panhandle

nngrendel

We are officially at the 180 day mark!!!! I just went on the Disney website and scored the ADR's that I wanted. I changed my mind as far as my dining preferences for this trip. Originally I was just trying to make this trip as cheap as possible. Then I started to consider all of the amazing dining options that are available at WDW. I knew I wanted a princess character meal at CRT. I also decided that Ohana looked AMAZING. I love steak so I decided Yachtsman was right up my alley. Finally, our first day will be spent at DTD so we will need to eat there as well. I thought my kids would want to eat at TRex but it turns out after seeing YouTube videos, they prefer Rainforest. So my eating plans and ADRs are as follows:

Sunday 5/19, DTD Rainforest Cafe at 7:30pm
Monday 5/20, MK Day: CRT breakfast at 9:05am (park opens at 9 so I'm looking forward to getting there 15 min early for our reservation and seeing a near empty park!)
Lunch at Cosmic Rays
Dinner?
Tuesday 5/21 DHS Day: breakfast probably in our room and maybe a treat from Starring Rolls :)
Lunch at Studio Catering (that buffalo chicken sandwich is calling my name)
Dinner at Beaches and Cream!
Wednesday 5/22 Epcot Day: breakfast? need to get some Tonga Toast one of these days...
Lunch at Sunshine Seasons
Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse at 7:30
Thursday 5/23 MK Day: breakfast? maybe Contempo Cafe
Lunch at Be Our Guest
Dinner at Ohana at 7:50
Friday 5/24 AK Day: Our Last Day :(
Breakfast in room?
Lunch at Flametree BBQ
Dinner on the drive back home to the Panhandle

Great Pre TR so far. Mmmmm. Ohana for dinner Love love love this place. I assume you have read report from dinner there. Not to mention seeing the pics. :)

If you love Ariell and your kids do too then you are going to love it there. I really love the work they did in this area. Enjoy!

i-zWLwfVW-L.jpg

ladydi

Sounds like fun! If your kids aren't big breakfast eaters, you may just want to take some cereal/granola bars for the room. We usually find out that eating a big breakfast takes away park time when the crowds are lighter and we'd rather get in the parks quickly, knock out a few of the bigger line rides, and go back to the hotel for a swim or nap midday.

Cassie S.

Original Poster
Great Pre TR so far. Mmmmm. Ohana for dinner Love love love this place. I assume you have read report from dinner there. Not to mention seeing the pics. :)

If you love Ariell and your kids do too then you are going to love it there. I really love the work they did in this area. Enjoy!

i-zWLwfVW-L.jpg
I can't wait to see it in person!! I loved reading about your Ohana experience... mmmmm.

Cassie S.

Original Poster
Sounds like fun! If your kids aren't big breakfast eaters, you may just want to take some cereal/granola bars for the room. We usually find out that eating a big breakfast takes away park time when the crowds are lighter and we'd rather get in the parks quickly, knock out a few of the bigger line rides, and go back to the hotel for a swim or nap midday.
I definitely plan on bringing cereal for the room. We will eat a big breakfast at CRT on our first park day and then some other day so I can try Tonga toast!! Otherwise most days will be a quick bite before we head out to the parks. Totally agree with your strategy. :)

nngrendel

I can't wait to see it in person!! I loved reading about your Ohana experience... mmmmm.

The picture of that does not do it justice. Its huge. Loved walking through this area.

Ohana is an experience. It was one of our favorite meals our last visit. And do not miss Tonga Toast one morning. Gotta hit Kona.

Cassie S.

Original Poster
UPDATE:
I paid off my hotel room and the down payments for my FL resident weekday select annual passes!
It feels good to mostly have to budget food now. And the best part? I already prepaid for CRT. :)

HouCuseChickie

Sounds like an awesome trip you're planning!!! I swear- it's soooooo exciting see a child experience it all for the first time. Exactly 2 years ago today, we were checking in to our resort and heading off to MK for my girls' first trip and I still get goosebumps thinking about it. I think between your resort choice and dining plans- you are going to have a wonderful time! I also felt the same way about CRT...it was soooo nice going into the trip knowing that was already covered. Can't wait to see all of the planning details unfold and then see the TR! :)

Cassie S.

Original Poster
Sounds like an awesome trip you're planning!!! I swear- it's soooooo exciting see a child experience it all for the first time. Exactly 2 years ago today, we were checking in to our resort and heading off to MK for my girls' first trip and I still get goosebumps thinking about it. I think between your resort choice and dining plans- you are going to have a wonderful time! I also felt the same way about CRT...it was soooo nice going into the trip knowing that was already covered. Can't wait to see all of the planning details unfold and then see the TR! :)
So glad to see your comment on my PTR!! I loved reading your TRs. It will be wonderful to see my kiddos experiencing everything for the first time. And it's been such a long time since I have been (15 years), that it will be like my first time again too! I need to take some pics of the goodies I have been accumulating for the trip. I have bought princess dresses for my daughter: Cinderella, Belle, and Ariel. I measured her so I can be sure that she won't outgrow them by May. I also got 2 dolls (Ariel and Belle) for her and Buzz and Woody for my son. I ALSO got them plush Mickey and Minnie. I am going to get a Prince Charming costume for my son for when we dine at the castle (I think it's actually a Knight costume, lol). I also got him a Buzz costume Tshirt and Mickey costume Tshirt. I'm going to put the dolls and plush on their beds one day at a time while we are there.
I plan on using the Ebay seller you went through for the family trip shirts you got. They are so cute and very affordable. I appreciate you posting that info. :)

HouCuseChickie

So glad to see your comment on my PTR!! I loved reading your TRs. It will be wonderful to see my kiddos experiencing everything for the first time. And it's been such a long time since I have been (15 years), that it will be like my first time again too! I need to take some pics of the goodies I have been accumulating for the trip. I have bought princess dresses for my daughter: Cinderella, Belle, and Ariel. I measured her so I can be sure that she won't outgrow them by May. I also got 2 dolls (Ariel and Belle) for her and Buzz and Woody for my son. I ALSO got them plush Mickey and Minnie. I am going to get a Prince Charming costume for my son for when we dine at the castle (I think it's actually a Knight costume, lol). I also got him a Buzz costume Tshirt and Mickey costume Tshirt. I'm going to put the dolls and plush on their beds one day at a time while we are there.
I plan on using the Ebay seller you went through for the family trip shirts you got. They are so cute and very affordable. I appreciate you posting that info. :)

Wow- TONS of princess dresses! Probably a very good call. Kendall loves dressing up...she got kind of upset that I wasn't going to take all of their dresses on this last trip. She was quite concerned that I didn't plan on her wearing her Cinderella dress for CRT...she thought it was required. :D The dolls are also a great idea...if you get a good mousekeeper, they should arrange them in fun ways for the kids. I think your son will also have a great time at the castle. I mean, I know it's not a 1st choice for most boys, but I've seen dressed up in our times dining there and the princesses just adore it! They just get soooooo much attention.

Can't wait to see your shirts. I really liked the level of customization she was able to provide for that amazingly low price. Definitely helped with our budget! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom