Pre-Trip 2 newbies, 12 nights, 2br villa OKW. We got this!

Hello~
I've been following along for a while now, enjoying all of your wonderful trip reports and I figured it was time to get involved. :D

Carol and I have been together for 15 years and married for 10. I have had the Disney bug WAY before that...so when we met I hoped that she would embrace a love of Disney like I had. YAY....we have a winner.
We go to Disneyland approx once a month but our 1st WDW trip was in January of 2012. We purchased DVC and booked a 12 night stay at a 1 br AK Kidani. Loved the room and quietness of the resort but...it was a little off the beaten path for.....well....anything. Had a great time no matter what. We did spend too much time comparing Land to World but realized that there is no comparison, they are just different. We knocked that off quickly and just took it all in.
Our last trip to WDW was January 2016 (see a trend? We aren't heat lovers :bored:) This time we booked a 1br in Bay Lake Tower. That was the best resort. It has EVERYTHING you would need. Convenience, food, transportation....loved it. Here are a few pics of our trip
FE0F80EB-E9A2-4E1D-854A-45620139C70A by Stacey LeDuc, on Flickr
956DF14F-22D6-487A-98EE-8FFE409DA2DF by Stacey LeDuc, on Flickr
FEF9EFF1-EDFA-456B-8027-0A70A8CBA3BD by Stacey LeDuc, on Flickr
Loved having the monorail this convenient.

91B2D26B-2F5D-43CE-B8C5-69EEBD603371 by Stacey LeDuc, on Flickr

384756A0-3BE5-44E6-8B2C-447652D3769D by Stacey LeDuc, on Flickr
Will definitely do this b-fast again

DCFF838F-FCC4-4372-9D3C-BFC11BDE947F by Stacey LeDuc, on Flickr
Carol isn't a meet n greet kind of gal....so I kind of tricked her into this one...then all of a sudden she got into it...happy me.
E8115EAE-16EB-45FC-B2FF-F6DCB6A58D9F by Stacey LeDuc, on Flickr
7AF1D5D7-1A4E-4F2A-A128-2FAE522896DF by Stacey LeDuc, on Flickr
She actually got out of her seat for this one....I'm so proud.

So back to the planning...As always we are sad to leave our little fur babies for so long
D4E42C2F-8468-4E12-AE27-6C74F3C24BDD by Stacey LeDuc, on Flickr
Untitled by Stacey LeDuc, on Flickr
4FD45BA6-FD3E-4044-A42D-92CAE5DA295A by Stacey LeDuc, on Flickr
Especially since this little guy is the youngin of the group and likes to torment the 2 senior ladies. We have a friend staying while were gone to keep order. :joyfull:

OK... let me introduce our 2018 WDW group

0D92EDAF-9091-4C07-A41F-E4799659104D by Stacey LeDuc, on Flickr
There is my wife Carol and me (Stacey) -Intermediate WDW go-ers

There is Sara & Lola - Advanced WDW go-ers

51511327-8B71-4744-B2D2-48D454FF9D26 by Stacey LeDuc, on Flickr
There is Linda and April - 1st timer's:happy: (don't mind me in the pic, it's the lovely ladies on the left)

I love to plan...our trip, a friend's trip....a stranger's trip... it doesn't matter....let me plan!
This trip has been in the works for a little over a year now and today we are at the 90 day mark! Time certainly gets away from us. Now I'm hoping it doesn't end up feeling like the next three months are going to be more like three years. :eek:
Linda approached us one day and stated that she'd like to join us on a WDW some time. She decided enough work, it's time for a real vacation.
So my happy little planning mind went to work. Not long after that Linda's daughter, April, wanted to come too if it wasn't too much trouble. NO...NO trouble at all. 2 br villa at OKW seems to be the perfect option here. It quickly turned into a 2 week trip which I'm always thrilled with.
Then we find out Lola and Sara are going to be there as well at the same time (diff resort) OK...let's have some fun!!

I booked 11 nights in a 2br villa at OKW but that is where my points ran out. Linda and April said they'd pick up a night on either end to make the trip complete. I worked with a wonderful DVC agent but there were no "pay" rooms available at OKW. So...1st night, we are in a studio at Bay Lake Tower...cannot complain about that AND it makes our first day so much easier...this is working out great.

The 4 of us decided on the dining plan for this trip...I am interested in the 1 drink (alcohol) allowed per service. I normally wouldn't spend too much on that but if it comes with the plan...I might try this and that.

So what have we planned so far?

Day 1:
Arrival 5:50 PM
To resort around 7pm
Drop off bags and go to activate our AP's
Little dinner at Contempo Cafe
Explore

Day 2:
Drop luggage off with bell secs to be moved to OKW
Meet Lola/Sara for MK opening show 9:00
Play around in Tomorrowland
Head out for 12:00 brunch at California Grill :geek: Cannot wait for this one.
Then it's a shopping day. Groceries, outlets.
Check into OKW and explore

Day 3:
Entire group up early and heading to Universal

Day 4:
Epcot (SO happy we will be there for the Festival of the arts this year)
QS - B-fast
Le Cellier - lunch
Relax
QS - dinner
Roam

Day 5:
MK!!
BOG - early b-fast
QS - lunch
Relax
O'hana - dinner

Day 6:
AK
Tusker House - early b-fast
Either Flame Tree or Satu'li Canteen for lunch
Fend for yourself dinner

Day 7:
HS/Disney Springs
Room - B-fast
1/2 day park with a quick stop at Baseline before we leave the park
Off to Disney Springs
Raglan Road - Lunch (Saw a whiskey drink that has my name on it :cool:)
Then the entire group will get together for a "put together" Monorail Loop dinner and drinks

Day 8:
Free Day
Olivia's - Dinner

Day 9:
MK/Tour
Room - B-fast
Early Marceline Tour (LOVE THIS TOUR)
Pesos Bill's - lunch
Relax
Trail's end - Dinner

Day 10:
EP/Tour
Les Halles Boulangerie & Pastisserie - B-fast
Carol and Linda will be going on the Behind the Seeds tour
Via Napoli - Lunch
Open for dinner

Day 11:
AK
Wave - B-fast
food tastings throughout the showcase
Whispering Canyon - Dinner (I think the girls will get a kick out of it)

Day 12:
Open

Day 13:
Open/Disney Springs
Flight doesn't leave until 7pm

So far that is the fun we've begun with. I'm sure I'll be spending quite a bit of time at the Art festival any chance I get. We are looking forward to making our own Monorail loop dining excursion.

Then there is the fact that Carol and I cannot help ourselves....we have purchased additional Magic Bands for the trip.

Well...up next...Fast Passes.
Yep, I'm chair dancing right now.

dclfan

Omg 13 days in Disney I am so jealous. Your trip sounds amazing and I can't wait to read more about it.

12in12

Thank You...so excited.
Heading out on Jan 20 and venturing home Feb 1st. ...I’m sure the only relief for coming home will be planning another one.
We might bump into each other as I will be at the World at the same time.:)
The countdown does seem to take forever, luckily there is Christmas to look forward to as well.
Like you I love planning but my trip was kind of easy as I don't have a big group or a lot of ADR's. That didn't stop me from spending a huge amount of time reading all the menus and reviews.:oops:

Stacey LeDuc

Original Poster
We might bump into each other as I will be at the World at the same time.:)
The countdown does seem to take forever, luckily there is Christmas to look forward to as well.
Like you I love planning but my trip was kind of easy as I don't have a big group or a lot of ADR's. That didn't stop me from spending a huge amount of time reading all the menus and reviews.:oops:

Yay! That would be great to bump into you!
Yes Nov & Dec is training for a new computer system at work. That should keep me busy.
Omgoodness I know what you mean. I poured over the menu’s of where we wanted to eat. I chose what Carol and I would order for each meal then realized the dining plan would be a good fit. When I tell most people that I did that I get that look.

Stacey LeDuc

Original Poster
Ok so the last few days have been full of excitement.
We are officially going to Food and Wine next year with Lola & Sara...:D omgoodness I cannot wait. It’s going to include a day at Discovery Cove. Yay!!!

I think I would consider myself NOT spontaneous really... I know shocking since I’ve already confessed my love of planning. :rolleyes:

On Monday it came to our attention that Trader Sams would be selling the hitchhiking ghost mugs on Tuesday. Lola and I rustled with taking off work but it didn’t take long. Off to find my boss sit him down and tell him the truth. I’m going to Disney to buy a cup instead of come to work the following day.
To my surprise he lit up and said absolutely. Go have fun. :bored: Um ok. Cool.

2:30 wake up call. 4am pick up of Lola. 5:30 join the line. 7:30 get the tiki mugs and hey...let’s go play for a bit. So here was what our day looked like yesterday.

Had to have lunch! :hungry:

She shouldn't have touched the apple...

I had to meet my girl...especially since there was literally NO ONE in line to meet her. I felt bad....

And finally, the final purchase and reason we ditched work.

All in all it's been a magical week I'd say. I hope you all are having a great week as well.

amjt660

Premium Member
Hi
Following along
Trip sounds great

I can see some of your pictures (like the meet and greet with Mickey in the first post) but not others
I sometimes get this with my work laptop but normally I will see all or nothing.

I am sure the two of you will have a great trip

Max

Stacey LeDuc

Original Poster
Hi
Following along
Trip sounds great

I can see some of your pictures (like the meet and greet with Mickey in the first post) but not others
I sometimes get this with my work laptop but normally I will see all or nothing.

I am sure the two of you will have a great trip

Max
Thank You!
Ok that’s odd. I’m sure though that it’s completely user error on my part. I struggled with how to get pics on.
Please let me know as you follow along if it changes.
I just completed your TR the other day and it looked like your family had So much fun! Had a blast reading along.

Stacey LeDuc

Original Poster
Hello~
It's been a crazy week. We are in the middle of a computer conversion for our Hospital. It is no easy feat to change out a system that everyone has known for so long. I do scheduling, billing, statistics and other reports for the OR and WOW...it's been.....:banghead: yeah...like that.
The bright light at the end of this weeks tunnel however was this morning when we got to do this.
Untitled by

Yay...Annual Pass for Florida....CHECK!
Now just waiting for this to hurry up..

Untitled by

OK...deep breath...get through the conversion....12/1 go live and it should be a breezy countdown from there.

I do have a question has anyone stayed at OKW lately and have they started the construction that they've been talking about?

Have a Fantastic weekend fellow Disney lovers.

Stacey LeDuc

Original Poster
55 Days and counting!! Yay!
So with A LOT of switching and adding and canceling, we've finally got our itinerary.
One of the things we have done is plan our own version of Highway in the Sky. We will start at the California Grill for sushi and a drink, we will monorail it to the Poly to have a few appetizers and drinks at Trader Sams, then monorail to the Grand Floridian for a little something at Mizner's and monorail back to Bay Lake Tower for drinks and desserts at the Top of the World. Looking forward to this one. :joyfull:

OK so here goes:
Day 1
Flight arrival 5:55pm
1st night at Bay Lake hope to arrive by 7 (fingers crossed)
Drop bags and monorail to Guest Services at MK to activate our passes.
Back to Contemporary for a bite at the Contempt Cafe
Off to bed

Day 2:
Early rise and head to Old Key West to check in
Back to MK for the castle show at 9
FP: Space, Pirates, Meet Mickey
Brunch: California Grill (So excited...has a Bloody Mary bar :D)
Head out to outlets and Target to get all shopping done
Check into our new home for the remainder of our trip.

Day 3:
Universal at Opening (Never been)
We do not have any dining plans, its a fly by the seat kinda thing that day.

Day 4:
Epcot
Fend for yourself b-fast (QS)
FP: 1/2 Nemo-1/2Mission, Figment, Frozen
LeCellier for lunch
Roam and take it all in (Festival of the Arts):greedy:

Day 5:
Magic Kingdom
BOG 8am
FP: HM, BTMRR, Monsters
Roam/Nap
O'Hana 5:05
Sit on beach for Fireworks

Day 6:
Animal Kingdom
Tusker House 8:05
FP: FOP, Everest, Fndg Nemo
Roam
Flame Tree lunch (QS)
Early night

Day 7:
Hollywood Studios/Disney Springs
B`fast in room
FP: RRC, HTOT, Indiana Jones
I'll have to hit Baseline for a minute....or two.
Disney Springs to find a good QS
Back to OKW to get ready for our Monorail Fun

Day 8:(Saturday)
Leisure morning
Lunch Olivia's
Leisure afternoon
Dessert Fireworks Party at the MK
Close park (Which won't take long since it closes 2 hours after the fireworks :hilarious:)

Day 9:
Magic Kingdom
Marceline Tour 8am (Best tour ever)
Lunch: Pesos Bills (QS) 11(ish)
FP: 7DMT, Jungle Cruise, Space Mtn
Diner: Trails End 5:00

Day 10:
Epcot
B-fast: France bakery
FP: Pixar film, Frozen, Spcsh Earth
Lunch: Via Napoli
Dinner: Fend for yourself QS

Day 11:
Animal Kingdom
B-Fast: Wave 8am
FP: FOP, Everest, Rivers Light
Lunch: Sanutli

Day 12:
Epcot
B-Fast: Olivia's
FP: Test Track
Festival of Art food, fun and purchases.;)

Day 13:
Disney Springs
Lunch: Art of Animation QS
Magical Express
Fly Home :arghh:

Its a full couple of weeks and we cannot wait for it to start!

Side note, we are heading to Disneyland next week for a trip no one is certain for forget for a friend that was just diagnosed with Cancer. We pulled some strings and we are having lunch at Club 33. None of us (12) that are going have ever been...should be quite the experience. We told her last week and it was like this for all of us :cry: followed by :jawdrop: and then :joyfull:. Can't wait to do this for her.

Next up: Magic bands and possibly some 33 posts. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom