2 New Starbucks

zurgandfriend

Original Poster
Per the Disneyfoodblog there will be 2 new Starbucks in Disney Springs. This may be old news to you but I had not heard this before. Really! god would die if they put in a Dunkin's or a Tim Horton's.

HollyAD

Honestly I prefer Dunkin to Starbucks myself. But I suppose this doesn't surprise me about two new Starbucks. Starbucks is a little more "fancy" I guess.

WDWFan_Boston

Unfortunately Starbucks has more recognition here in the us than Tim Hortons or Dunkin

I may be biased, being from Boston, but Dunkin Donuts is a widely known chain and has quite a bit of name recognition in the US. They don't do espresso drinks, but their hot and iced coffees are excellent (and about half the price of Starbucks ;) )

ToTBellHop

I may be biased, being from Boston, but Dunkin Donuts is a widely known chain and has quite a bit of name recognition in the US. They don't do espresso drinks, but their hot and iced coffees are excellent (and about half the price of Starbucks ;) )
But, their flavored syrups add about 300 calories to your coffee. I prefer Starbucks' sugar-free syrups. You aren't getting anything comparable to the Frappuccino for 110 calories at Dunkin.

Ariel484

They don't? I keep hearing their ads for lattes and whatnot (meant to try the Red Velvet latte over the holidays but forgot :(). Do they make the lattes a different way? I wonder if it varies by region...?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

WDWFan_Boston

But, their flavored syrups add about 300 calories to your coffee. I prefer Starbucks' sugar-free syrups. You aren't getting anything comparable to the Frappuccino for 110 calories at Dunkin.

Actually, Dunkin has several sugar-free syrups, but no question, they have nothing like a Frappuccino. I was just making the point that Dunkin has a lot of name recognition in the US. If there was one at DS, people certainly wouldn't be confused. I happen to think that Starbucks and Dunkin complement each other. Two different types of coffee.

They don't? I keep hearing their ads for lattes and whatnot (meant to try the Red Velvet latte over the holidays but forgot :(). Do they make the lattes a different way? I wonder if it varies by region...?

Yes, they do have latte's, but most people go their for their brewed hot and iced coffee. I haven't gotten into their latte's yet. Probably should try a few...

olinecoach61

Could they put a Tim hortons in Canada? Those donuts are great. I must admit. I'm not crazy about the growth of Starbucks throughout WDW.

lunchbox1175

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you and I love Dunkin having grown up in the northeast, but their name recognition really is limited to east of the Mississippi. I live in Houston the 5th largest city in the country, and we have 3 Dunkins here and two of them are brand new, there is only one in Dallas and that is in the airport, they are just now growing in Dallas because Jerry Jones and Troy Aikman have gone into business together and are going to open up a few. I believe there aren't any in California or anywhere on the west coast either. I have lived in 8 different states and many of them did not have a Dunkin Donuts in them :(.

acishere

There is pretty much at least one Dunkin Donuts within a mile of wherever you are in NJ and I don't get the love for them... The Starbucks you get when you don't specify is too burnt and strong. I do like the blonde roast and think that tastes much better. But Dunkin's coffee doesn't have a really great flavor either. Either its watery coffee that is hot enough to burn your taste buds off or its light and sweet to the point it hurts my teeth.

Plus no matter what is placed in Disney, its going to overpriced. At least the overpriced Starbucks prices are their normal prices.

A Tim Hortons would be awesome and so much better than either option. Or even better: Wawa.

BuddyThomas

I'm putting on my flame resistant suit now in anticipation of the coming responses, but I live in NYC and there is a Starbucks in my office building, one across the street, and another two less than a block away. By my apartment, there are two of them less than a block away. I'm pretty sure they pepper the rest of the country in a similar way.

I guess Starbucks and Disney must have reached a pretty lucrative deal with each other and everyone seems to be liking it, but I dunno. Call me crazy but running into multiple Starbucks in WDW, including Magic Kingdom kind of yanks me out of the "magic".

But I guess it's the natural progression of things. Weren't they selling McDonalds fries in the parks for a while?

HollyAD

I'm putting on my flame resistant suit now in anticipation of the coming responses, but I live in NYC and there is a Starbucks in my office building, one across the street, and another two less than a block away. By my apartment, there are two of them less than a block away. I'm pretty sure they pepper the rest of the country in a similar way.

I guess Starbucks and Disney must have reached a pretty lucrative deal with each other and everyone seems to be liking it, but I dunno. Call me crazy but running into multiple Starbucks in WDW, including Magic Kingdom kind of yanks me out of the "magic".

But I guess it's the natural progression of things. Weren't they selling McDonalds fries in the parks for a while?
Yes I remember there was a McDonald fry stand near frontier land. It was in a little wagon. There was another one too but I can't remember where. I never went because I don't go to Disney to get something I can buy anywhere.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yes I remember there was a McDonald fry stand near frontier land. It was in a little wagon. There was another one too but I can't remember where. I never went because I don't go to Disney to get something I can buy anywhere.
They sold them at the stand between Frontierland and Adventureland. At EPCOT just as you entered World Showcase. And at Animal Kingdom as you walked into Dinoland.

There may be other spots, but those are the ones I know off the top of my head.

And, I agree...no need to go there to get something I can get every day...

disney4life2008

OMG do not remind me. I remember that french fry stand i was like.. really? What was worse was mcdonalds in the animal kingdom what was the former resturatous place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom