Trip Report 2 Geeks take on the World: A May 2013 Report

Hello again everyone :). I had written this trip report in 2013 but I was too shy to post it. Since then we have taken another trip in October/November of 2014 and I did post that one but right now I am experiencing the Disney blues so I thought it would help if I went back and relived our 2013 trip :D.

Who: Me (Tammy) and my Husband (Brian)
When: May 10th - 23rd, 2013

Here is a picture of us from 2014:

Right now it is Fall in New Brunswick, Canada - my favorite time of year :happy:

Although the leaves are long gone now and Old Man Winter is on his way. I love Christmas but I am not looking forward to this...

Okay on with the story...
The night before we left one of our fur babies decided to try and fit in our luggage...

We have 2 fur babies - a boy and a girl (siblings)
:inlove:

Our boy is in the princess chair (and yes we did buy them chairs to sleep in...lol).

After saying "See you soon" to our kitties we were off to the airport for our early morning flight (Don't worry we had a "cat" sitter for the 2 weeks).

Look...it's a bird.. no it's a plane. I wonder where they are going?

I thought this looked cool...

We finally made it to the Orlando Airport.

And then we had our 1st ride on the Magical Express :happy:. Our 1st trip was in September 2011 and we rented a car.

As you can tell by my smile I was thrilled to take the Disney transportation.

Brian on the other hand was not nearly as excited ;).

We finally made it to our "home" for the next 2 weeks. We checked in and then checked out our room and a little of the resort. We were staying in the 80's section, which was great because we met in 1987 :).

Get up Sleeping Beauty...it is not time for bed yet!

Once we did a little exploring it was time for us to catch the bus to our 1st park...

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
It was extra magic hours at Epcot so that is where we were headed for our 1st night and we were lucky enough to be in Disney World for the Flower and Garden Festival :D. We spent some time walking around soaking up the atmosphere and taking lots of pictures.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Great pictures and trip report can't wait for the rest. Never be to shy here, i for one love seeing people's trips through their eyes, plus it gets me through till my next trip.

Thanks :). I also love reading trip reports and I have gotten lots of wonderful information and ideas from all of them. My husband encouraged me to post my 1st trip report for our 2014 trip and I am glad he did because I really enjoyed writing it. I kept putting this one off because I was not sure if anyone would want to read a report that is over 2 years old. Again it was my husband who told me to start it but I think he was just tired of hearing me continuously talk about Disney World...lol.

officialtom

Thank you :). So you definitely understand when I say I am not looking forward to winter. Let us hope that this one is better than last year!
Understand completely. Last year was absolutely unacceptable! We had a full week of the office being closed because streets weren't plowed, even in the city.

Beastly74

Original Poster
We stopped in Japan to watch the drummers for a little bit.

Then it was off to France...

Where Brian started acting silly with Stitch :D.

We decided that we were hungry :hungry: so we headed to Norway for dinner but first we stopped in Mexico.

Don't be fooled - he loved his meal but WOW what a lot of food on the dining plan.

How we both felt after our enormous meal...

We decided to wander a little bit before we went on any rides ;)

Our 1st ride was Test Track - the single rider line.

I love this picture of Brian - I think he looks like a little kid. :joyfull:

We only did the one ride and then we decided to visit China. Such a beautiful area.

We found a spot to watch Illuminations (sorry no good pictures-we just enjoyed it).

By 10:30pm we were feeling exhausted so we called it a night.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 2 - Saturday, May 11th

We slept in a little this day and I was okay with that because we had a full 2 weeks in Disney World :). We decided to go to Animal Kingdom and our 1st stop was an early lunch at Pizzafari.

After lunch it was time for our 2 week safari but first we stopped to admire the Tree of Life. We decided to go on the safari twice because it was not busy.

:hilarious:

This guy was reaching up to get some tasty leaves - we were not able to get a very good picture but it was cool to see.

Next we explored the Pangani trail.

On our way to the Finding Nemo show we discovered Miss DeVine and we stopped to chat with King Louie and Baloo.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Beautiful Pictures! I felt I like was in AK (and not my office:cry::D)

Thank you. I am glad you are enjoying the pictures :). I am on vacation right now and since we could not afford to go to Disney World this year I thought that reliving an old trip would make me happy and if I can make others happy too then that is a bonus.

officialtom

We stopped in Japan to watch the drummers for a little bit.

Then it was off to France...

Where Brian started acting silly with Stitch :D.

We decided that we were hungry :hungry: so we headed to Norway for dinner but first we stopped in Mexico.

Don't be fooled - he loved his meal but WOW what a lot of food on the dining plan.

How we both felt after our enormous meal...

We decided to wander a little bit before we went on any rides ;).

Our 1st ride was Test Track - the single rider line.

I love this picture of Brian - I think he looks like a little kid. :joyfull:

We only did the one ride and then we decided to visit China. Such a beautiful area.

We found a spot to watch Illuminations (sorry no good pictures-we just enjoyed it).

By 10:30pm we were feeling exhausted so we called it a night.

Agree with you about the amount of food on the dining plan. We always get it because we love the convenience, but at the end of the trip we always have leftover credits. We don't consider it a problem, because all the food is so delicious!

Beastly74

Original Poster
After we caught Finding Nemo we enjoyed the It's Tough to be a Bug show. Well I enjoyed it but Brian complained about getting "stung" :rolleyes:. In fact when I suggested going to see it again in 2014 he opted out so I went by myself. I told him that he could avoid the "sting" by sitting a little forward in his seat but apparently he did not believe me. After that we went back in time on Dinosaur.

I have no idea what I am looking at but honestly this ride scares me :eek:.

Next we walked the Maharajah Jungle Trek.

It started to rain on our walking tour of the jungle so the park emptied out. We braved the weather and proceeded to ride Kali River Rapids three times and Expedition Everest twice :joyfull:.

I was soaked! :D But still smiling even though I looked like I had fallen in the river.

The 2 girls behind us crack me up...lol.

I have only one small dry spot on my skirt and Brian looks like he had an "accident" :hilarious:.

A couple pictures on the way out...

We went back to the resort to change and then spent the evening at Downtown Disney. When we got there the first thing we noticed was that the Characters in Flight balloon was operational so we headed straight there.

After our exciting aerial view we stopped at Wolfgang Puck Express for dinner and Brian was a very happy man :hungry:.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 3 - Sunday, May 12th

We were excited to visit the Magic Kingdom today.

A parade was going by when we first entered the park.

I was supposed to look mean but I could not stop smiling ;).

I don't know why but I get a chuckle out of this picture because of the lady on the right.

We had early lunch reservations for BOG and I was thrilled as it was our 1st time eating there.

A couple of pictures on the way...

Almost there :joyfull:...

I was in awe of the detail. It was by far my favorite restaurant, although I could be slightly bias because Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie ;).

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
After our wonderful dining experience we escaped to Tom Sawyer Island.

We were able to catch the parade from there which was really cool :cool:.

Once the parade was over we explored the island and took pictures of the mainland.

Yes, Brian is wearing a pack :hilarious:.

After our relaxing adventure we went to ride...

Scary ;).

One of Brian's friends dared him to get his picture taken with the fairies so off we went.

She was pointing out that we have the same color hair...unfortunately mine is fake too :D.

Tink does not look impressed with Brian...lol.

Next we went on the Jungle Cruise and visited the Swiss Family Treehouse.

Brian finally talked me into trying Splash Mountain. I was too scared to go on this ride on our 1st trip in 2011.

What a look! Cue evil laugh...Muahahaha. He knew that I was not sure what to expect around the next corner.

Here I am completely oblivious :confused:.

I look scared but that poor lady in the 2nd row...she looks terrified!

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
We survived our 50 ft plunge and then carried on to Tomorrowland. Our next ride was Buzz Lightyear.

We always have such intense gaming faces :hilarious:.

Then we were off for a ride on Space Mountain...

The guy in the front looks bored but we were having a blast ;).

We also did Monsters Inc., Stitch's Great Escape, Carousel of Progress and People Mover. After that it was time for the fireworks. We choose to view them from the back of the castle so we found a 1/2 wall to sit on and enjoy the show. It was interesting to see the fireworks all around us.

It was EMH so off we went to meet Daisy, Minnie Mouse, Goofy and Donald.

Brian is such a flirt...watch out Donald! :)

So I have to be honest I may look happy in those pictures but between my sore feet and being hangry I was ready to seriously freak out :arghh:. Thankfully we finally stopped for dinner at Pinocchio Village Haus and then all was right in the world again.

After dinner we went Under the Sea, listened to Belle's Tales and then took a peak in Gaston's Tavern.

So cute! :happy:

We finished off the night with a tour of the Haunted Mansion and as we were walking down Main Street we heard the "kiss goodnight" playing...happy tears. LOL...Brian just said to me that he calls it the "get the heck out" song. (his wording may have been a little more colorful ;)).

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 4, Monday May 13th

We decided to relax this day so we slept in and then walked over to AOA to have lunch and take some pictures.

Not sure why but I have no pictures of the Cars area. The resort was amazing...so much detail :happy:.

After our tour we went back to our room and had an afternoon nap :D. When we woke up we decided to go to Wolfgang Puck's again for dinner.

I think he was asking me why I kept taking pictures of the food. I had to explain to him that it was important for my trip report :hilarious:.

Once we were finished our dinner I had special plans for the rest of the night. So we hopped on a bus to the Poly and watched the sunset from the beach.

We were pretending to be warm but it was really chilly that evening. We ended up pushing our chairs together to cuddle :joyfull:. We were waiting for the reason I wanted to come to the Poly at a certain time.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
I had planned on being at the Poly that night to see the Electrical Water Parade :happy:.

When it was over we caught the ferry over to Magic Kingdom and we were lucky enough to be able to see the fireworks while out on the water :joyfull:.

This is the only picture we got because we just sat back and enjoyed the show.

Day 5 - Tuesday, May 14

We enjoyed a big breakfast at the resort this morning and then we rented a car for the day to go shopping at the Premium Outlet Stores.

Back home...woohoo!

We ended our day with dinner at Wolfgang Pucks again and a little shopping. Sorry no pictures of downtown Disney for this night.

Last edited:

pajammies

Great pictures! Do you by any chance remember what you thought of the Bacon wrapped meatloaf from Wolfgang's (I think that's what that is in one of those pictures above).
I've never ordered meatloaf at a restaurant, but it looks so good, I'd like to try it. I mean there's bacon wrapped around it, it must be good, right? :D

Do you have a link to your 2014 trip report, I wouldn't mind reading that one also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom