2 days at Magic Kingdom

Clementine79

I’m trying to figure out how much time we might need for our second day at MK.

Our first day, we are doing EMM and then will try to get through Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. We plan to spend the entire day at MK and head out after an early dinner at LTT.

The second day at MK we have the fireworks party reserved in the evening, so we were going to try to have a relaxing morning at our resort and then head in to see Frontierland and Adventureland. I’m just not sure how much time to allow to get through these 2 sections of the park before our fireworks party at 7:45. I realize we can’t see everything but just a general idea would be helpful! It’s our first trip :)

dieboy

IMO a full day at MK will let you see everything for the most part. Book fast passes for morning stuff, then rebook for afternoon with the same passes. That will get you on at least half of the most popular rides.

Also depends on if your planning to wander into EVERY gift shop, and eatery they have.. Most gift shops was walk through or by, not really worth it.

I'd peruse menus for deserts at carts and specialty drinks, pick out the ones you want to try, hit those in between rides.

One day at MK and i'm pretty much done with it, then again I do not have kids and avoid fantasy land for the most part.

Essentially each land has two main rides, adventure; jungle cruise and pirates, frontier; slash mountain and big thunder, fantasy; new mine ride and the revamped mr toads (i think it is), tomorrow; Buzz and Space Mountain (Tron coming soon). You can hit most of those in a day if you plan the fast passes correctly (its getting to be an art form).

Also, have a great first trip!!

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

A "relaxed morning" is the worst mistake you can make from a "planning your time" standpoint. You can get more done in the one hour from 9am to 10am than you can in the three hours from 11pm to 2pm.

We usually spend 16 hours at the Magic Kingdom on an eight night trip spread over four half days. Two mornings from 9a to 1p and two evenings from 5ish to 9ish (give or take depending on the timing of fireworks that night). It's enough to get to everything, but barely.

Upvote 0

Clementine79

Original Poster
IMO a full day at MK will let you see everything for the most part. Book fast passes for morning stuff, then rebook for afternoon with the same passes. That will get you on at least half of the most popular rides.

Also depends on if your planning to wander into EVERY gift shop, and eatery they have.. Most gift shops was walk through or by, not really worth it.

I'd peruse menus for deserts at carts and specialty drinks, pick out the ones you want to try, hit those in between rides.

One day at MK and i'm pretty much done with it, then again I do not have kids and avoid fantasy land for the most part.

Essentially each land has two main rides, adventure; jungle cruise and pirates, frontier; slash mountain and big thunder, fantasy; new mine ride and the revamped mr toads (i think it is), tomorrow; Buzz and Space Mountain (Tron coming soon). You can hit most of those in a day if you plan the fast passes correctly (its getting to be an art form).

Also, have a great first trip!!

This is great advice, thank you!

Upvote 0

21stamps

Thanks so much!! I was planning on aiming for 2-3 so this is reassuring.
We did EMM in 2016 and I can’t rave about it enough!!!!!

We went on 7DMT over and over, they open the rope so you don’t even have to go back to the entrance. We had completed all of Fantasyland (a few rides several times) plus breakfast by 10am. You’ll love it!

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We have a similar plan for our upcoming trip -- most of a day at MK, followed by a second day with a very late arrival and the Dessert Party. Here's our touring plan (evaluated via touringplans to check the wait times), so you can get an idea of how much you can get done in that time. As you can see, we skip a few things, but you could easily adjust the plan (or simply get there earlier on Day 2) to hit it all. Also, note that there's some criss-crossing on Day 1 between Fantasyland and Liberty Square, due to the fact that I'm starting with Fantasyland but couldn't get a 7DMT FP+ until after 10am. Also, note that I've put an asterisk beside all the attractions that you really need to do at park opening, park closing, or with FP+, if you want to avoid long lines:

Day 1 - 8am Extra Magic Hour morning, arriving before rope drop (skips Enchanted Tales w/Belle, all character meets, Mad Tea Party, Liberty Belle, Tom Sawyer Island, Hall of Presidents, and Jungle Cruise, and reserves all of Tomorrowland for Day 2)
1) Peter Pan's Flight*
2) Winnie the Pooh*
3) Dumbo
4) Barnstormer, if desired
5) Voyage of the Little Mermaid
6) Haunted Mansion*
7) 10:00am Muppets (skit in Liberty Square)
8) it’s a small world
9) 7DMT (10:15am FP+)*
10) Carrousel or Mad Tea Party
11) Mickey's Philharmagic
12) Big Thunder Mtn RR (11:20am FP+)*
[LUNCH – CS at Pecos Bill or Columbia Harbor House]
13) Country Bear Jamboree
14) Splash Mountain (12:20pm FP+)*
[try for 4th FP+ at Pirates or Carpets]
15) POTC (with FP+, or if wait <25 min.)*
16) As desired, before and after Parade: Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Tiki Room, Swiss Family Treehouse
[3pm: Festival of Fantasy Parade, watch from Frontierland]
[Leaving park by 4pm, for 5pm dinner reservation at 'Ohana]

Day 2 (arriving at MK by 5pm, after a late lunch/early dinner) (skips Tomorrowland Speedway and AstroOrbiter)
[WDW RR from Main Street to Fantasyland]
1) 7DMT (5pm FP+)*
2) PeopleMover
3) Carousel of Progress
4) Buzz Lightyear (6pm FP+)*
5) Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
6) Space Mountain (7pm FP+)*
[Try for 4th FP+ at attraction of choice]
[Check in for Happily Ever After Dessert Party]
After Dessert Party, revisit attractions of choice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom