Trip Report 2 Broke Guys - on a boat! 😃

Been debating when to post this. Some of you are already aware of our upcoming trip. (First cruise ever!) What came in the mail today inspired me to get started on this pre-TR:

F8C933C4-6FC5-4195-B364-6761D0165C15.jpeg

My very first passport.

Note there is only one. Currently we are joking that I’m going alone because Brian’s got rejected. 😆🤔 I’m sure his will arrive Monday. 🤔

When: September 5 to 9, 2022. Translation:
34D29465-D9FC-405E-80F6-56B8AAF3E95D.jpeg

Who are going: Tony & Brian
146AEA94-9CDA-48DF-9AD0-237D6B5E63E0.jpeg

Who is left out: Kylie, our nearly 14 year old German Shepherd Chow-Chow rescue.
3518D349-FE2F-4AC5-B4AD-E59E82779DC1.jpeg

Although she’s having a bath on the back patio right now, the pic of her is from a recent drive to the Florida Keys. We pretty much bring her on all trips now, including WDW. As she has aged, she doesn’t take being left alone as well, even with a trusted sitter. Even for one night.

So although we are very concerned about her, we’re trying to arrange multiple people visiting the house more often than just the sitter would, and offering the sitter extra money for more quality time. (Guilt money, for sure.)

And that will likely be the biggest out of pocket expense for this trip (except maybe the passports) because, true to form, we are doing this 4 night Bahamas cruise out of Miami (including all drinks, fancy meals, liquor tastings and souvenirs) entirely on Chase Disney Visa Rewards Points. 😀👊🏻👏🏻

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Or for freakin snakes!!o_O
737AAC09-9424-4E9B-ACF6-598FBB041BFB.jpeg

Any excuse to post that hotness is fine by me!

Kylie in the cabin with (what I assume is) her Mickey!
That is, indeed, her Mickey. Mickey recently went through the wash one too many times, and the squeakers sound really funny!

She chews Mickey’s face to death. But, you know, this face:
F3311F37-C648-4F62-ADD0-46308755057A.jpeg

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Dinner at Whispering Canyon: XL:

You like pulled pork?

The traditional skillet has a TON. Like 50% of the meat in the skillet. One rib, one chicken thigh, one slice of brisket, one half piece of sausage
No surprise, this ^ was 100% correct!

But we were good with it - nothing to compare it to, and I am the pork ho.

Food quality was decent and enjoyable. Very little fat. Most items needed a sauce (they provided two kinds.)

The first pic is the cornbread with fresh butter, cole slaw, and our drinks: Brian had a Whiskey Breeze (tasty!) and I had Walk The Plank (a rye drink - even better!) Loved it. (I passed on the Smoked Turkey bourbon drink for which I was mercilessly mocked 😉 when I ordered it twice at AKL.

Pic #2 is our original serving: two different skillets plus a skillet of sides. I overheard a server telling a higher maintenance table that they used to come all on one skillet, and with the sauces on everything rather than on the side.

Speaking of servers, ours was Joey. He was on the ball, friendly, fun, and correctly read the situation as to not giving us much of the WS schtick. And he did bring me a bday cupcake in a to go box because he knew I was “done!”

Third pic (empty skillet) represents the end of round one. The skillet of sides still had sides, and the second skillet still had carrots - that was the only thing we both didn’t care for, they had a waxy taste of some sort.

The chicken was just ok. Same with the brisket. The rib was very meaty, but again highlighted how much things needed sauces.

So when Joey came by to ask what we wanted more of, it was: pulled pork, salmon, bbq cauliflower, and…yep, vegan sausage. (We enjoyed it better than the regular sausage.)

but asking for more ribs and brisket (for 2 people that ordered the skillet, it’s priced per person) resulted in receiving 2 ribs and 2 brisket slices….so ONE for each. 🙄
To illustrate Tu’s point, I took pics (#4 and 5) of our replenishment skillets. Brian thought the salmon one was hysterical. The cauliflower and vausage were more substantially refilled, and the pulled pork was pretty plentiful.

I thought we had gotten through the first two skillets fairly adroitly and these paltry replacements would go quickly - boy was I wrong. I dug into that pulled pork, and just hit a wall. I think there’s only so much smoke flavor you can take in one sitting(!?) Anyway, that was that. To my surprise, Joey agreed to bring a to go box when B asked, though he mentioned they don’t typically do that. We took our booty and ran, er, rolled to the car.

Miss Kylie was totally fine when we returned. Sweet pup.

I did since eat half the cupcake. Since I’m still awake, I suspect the rest has not long for this world. 🥹😄

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
So on Tuesday nights back home, the kava bar next to my store has “Munchkin night.” No, that’s not a politically incorrect slur, it’s a board game with…I guess I would say a bit of Dungeons & Dragons thrown in.

I have become good friends with the owner over the years, and I go play this game when I can. I usually bring cookies for everyone. (Several of the regular players are also customers of mine.)

Since I couldn’t make it tonight, I sent them cookies via Uber Eats.

They sent me this video after midnight. (Note: when you toast with kava, you say “Bula!” instead of cheers.)

I hope this link works! (It didn’t. Please hold.)

Update: 51 year old geezer doesn’t know how to upload a video from his phone to this site 😆 and needs to go to bed 😂

But here are a couple of screenshots. The video was panning the whole bar saying happy birthday and bula to me. The guy on the right is my friend who owns the place.

72E6F6E3-0563-459C-95EC-B2E65B43DC49.jpeg

012F416E-1B81-455D-9AD9-48CD85E4E9FD.jpeg
D764C49D-75EF-403A-8755-188273C5EDB5.jpeg

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Whatever creature stayed in this cabin before us did not appreciate being locked in the bathroom.

D0AF62D0-AFA7-4901-A87D-1E06E0BDDCA6.jpeg

(You can see they trimmed the bottom of the door off, still leaving crazy scratch marks all over it.)

That’s what happens when owners think they can skimp on Best Friends Pet Care (where we should be in an hour or two.)

Obviously I did not sleep a whole lot.

Julie at Tune In Lounge (HS) ended up on the morning shift today instead of closing. I kind of based my theme park reservation on her closing lol. So instead of us trying to get to HS around 3/4 and staying awhile, we will leave Epcot around 1:30 to get to HS at 2 (earliest park hop time) and hang at Tune-In for 1-2 hours.

Considered trying to change the reservation to HS first, possibly even skipping Epcot and making the day easier…

Nah.

Before we left home, Brian made me a bday banana cake with banana pudding filling. I brought a piece for breakfast today.

43377F83-B9C2-4BD5-A98D-272C61B4DC0E.jpeg

And a FB friend posted this:

448A1401-96E9-4C70-8D19-7C4606C13F27.jpeg

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
I promise I will fill in details and acknowledge all birthday wishes! We are just hustling and what not. And buzzed - definitely buzzed. B is napping. I may do that, but rarely fall asleep during the day.

Will we make Skipper Canteen on time? (8:30) I honestly have no idea. Gotta visit Kylie first - but it has to stop raining first.

Will touch base in a couple of hours! 😴

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom