2 Bed BCV, BWV or BLT?

Phonedave

Can I make a suggestion about a wheel chair from someone who has done that at parks and such? Don't. It gets tiresome to push all day long. It also doesn't afford the rider much freedom. Just think on that... not trying to sway but really it's more work than many realize.

Having done both wheelchairs and scooters (well not me using them, but having other in them).

Wheelchairs do get tiresome to push. It is a workout.

I think the only time I would suggest a wheelchair is if the person cannot get out of the chair at all, but likes to shop. Scooters in shops are a nightmare, especially with crowds.

If the person using the chair/scooter can walk on their own for short periods, then a scooter works great. Or if a person has no desire to browse around the gift shops, then again a scooter is better. But if they cannot get our of the wheelchair for short periods, and they want to shop, a scooter gets very cumbersome.

Phonedave

The main pool at BWV is moderately crowded from what I've seen. We never felt packed. The difference though is the layout is such that the chairs are not squished in like sardines and you have better sight lines for everyone. SAB, I am not joking, had chairs literally right on top of each other with no space between on the side at all. Maybe 20 in a row and not much room between each row either. I hated it. There were a couple of tables that offered shade, but that was it. No other pool we've done feels that cramped and lacking in shade if you want (which I like when I read).

You and I have the same opinion of Stormalong Bay. I just find it to be crowded and a pain to navigate. The layout may make for a great lazy river, but it makes for horrible other uses.

correcaminos

You and I have the same opinion of Stormalong Bay. I just find it to be crowded and a pain to navigate. The layout may make for a great lazy river, but it makes for horrible other uses.
I don't even like the lazy river. It doesn't have enough flow to make it easy to float and it's too deep to push along in a relaxing way. Yeah I'm quite negative on BCV. I do like the quiet pool there though.

Scooters are harder in shops. My family member who is now chair bound did do okay particularly at Epcot. She could walk a little though at the time, and if need be could get up. She really loved her freedom though.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This thread is really making me want to go back to one of the Crescent Lake resorts.

BW pool is definitley less crowded, but my personal issue with it is the mouth of the slide looks like the creepy clown from It that nabs children ;)
94C6C334-E4EB-4990-AA4B-EAC5A4CC081C.jpeg

419BA76C-0A47-423F-BD9D-18FDAF6B3C74.jpeg

Don’t forget the ice cream shop at BC. It’s technically not counter service but you can go in for ice cream at night without getting seated at a table. For quick service Contempo Cafe at CR is still my favorite at the 3 resorts you are considering.

You really can’t go wrong with any of the 3. It’s like looking to buy a fast car and deciding between a Porsche, a Ferrari and a Lamborghini.

correcaminos

Don’t forget the ice cream shop at BC. It’s technically not counter service but you can go in for ice cream at night without getting seated at a table. For quick service Contempo Cafe at CR is still my favorite at the 3 resorts you are considering.

You really can’t go wrong with any of the 3. It’s like looking to buy a fast car and deciding between a Porsche, a Ferrari and a Lamborghini.
Pfft Beaches and Cream? It's Edys Ice Cream. Go to Ample Hills instead at BW. Much better!

I do agree that out of all the QS of the 3 Contempo is the best. All 3 resorts are great though.

Phonedave

It's really good! I have Oprah favorite Greater's and Katy Perry loved Jeni's all local to me and Ample Hills holds its own. Good quality ice cream for sure! I think on a 7 day trip at BC we must have gone 5 times lol

Funny you should mention those that are local to you, because Ample Hills is local to me.

Phonedave

This thread is really making me want to go back to one of the Crescent Lake resorts.

BW pool is definitley less crowded, but my personal issue with it is the mouth of the slide looks like the creepy clown from It that nabs children ;)

It's not the clown that gets me. It's his hair. Why does it look like someone spilled a can of Spaghetti-O's

correcaminos

Funny you should mention those that are local to you, because Ample Hills is local to me.
Well if you are ever in my neck of the woods, check out Graters at least. My NYC office isn't hugely far (maybe 5 or 6 blocks) from Ample Hills but I always seem to go during college and rainy spells wo have to wait until I get to FL to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom