2 Bed BCV, BWV or BLT?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I realize I am posting this a bit late as I plan to book very soon , but which would you choose for a mid June trip? Will be my family of 4 consisting of 2 parents and two kids age 6 and 10 and my inlaws, both in mid mid 60s, one who does not move as well and may need a wheel chair. Thoughts?

NeedMoreMickey

I say one of the Epcot resorts. If you rent a scooter off site it can be delivered to the hotel and it is easy to get to two parks without having to use a bus, three if you want to take your time getting to MK through Epcot and use the monorail.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I say one of the Epcot resorts. If you rent a scooter off site it can be delivered to the hotel and it is easy to get to two parks without having to use a bus, three if you want to take your time getting to MK through Epcot and use the monorail.
Yeah I am thinking BC, though WLV looks promising too, but I hear the buses are not great?

DisneyJoe

Yeah I am thinking BC, though WLV looks promising too, but I hear the buses are not great?
We were at WL in mid August, had no issues with buses, love the fast bus to MK - and Epcot wasn't bad, sometimes went to Ft Wilderness, but not always

unless you were referring to BCV buses not being great, which can be true at times.

correcaminos

BLT for the 3rd bathroom. With that many people the extra bathroom will be a bonus. It will also be more spacious if you need a scooter. With the bed pulled out BCV and BWV can be tight.

Also I have found the buses to MK from BC and BW to be meh at best recently. Easier to get to MK and Epcot (especially with a scooter) from BLT.

Just my thoughts after going with scooters and larger groups :)

nickys

Premium Member
BLT for the 3rd bathroom. With that many people the extra bathroom will be a bonus. It will also be more spacious if you need a scooter. With the bed pulled out BCV and BWV can be tight.

Also I have found the buses to MK from BC and BW to be meh at best recently. Easier to get to MK and Epcot (especially with a scooter) from BLT.

Just my thoughts after going with scooters and larger groups :)

And there’s the sleeper chair so your kids can each have a sleeping space of their own.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My vote would be BLT. Put your in-laws in the MBR and take the 2nd bedroom with the 2 queen beds for your family of 4. You also get an extra bathroom in the main living area for more space. With BLT you can take the monorail to both EPCOT and MK which is easy on/off with a scooter and/or wheelchair. You also gain a lot of dining options as well at Poly and GF. You still need to bus to the other 2 parks but at least half the travel is more wheel chair or scooter friendly.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
My vote would be BLT. Put your in-laws in the MBR and take the 2nd bedroom with the 2 queen beds for your family of 4. You also get an extra bathroom in the main living area for more space. With BLT you can take the monorail to both EPCOT and MK which is easy on/off with a scooter and/or wheelchair. You also gain a lot of dining options as well at Poly and GF. You still need to bus to the other 2 parks but at least half the travel is more wheel chair or scooter friendly.
Totally get it. I decided to ask mom in law what she prefers being closer to, mk or epcot. Beach club it is though the big pool makes me nervous with kids

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Totally get it. I decided to ask mom in law what she prefers being closer to, mk or epcot. Beach club it is though the big pool makes me nervous with kids
BC is great too. You really can’t go wrong. We stayed there a few years back when my kids were 5 and 8. The big pool is very cool and they loved the water slide, but it does get crowded. If you want to get cooled off quick there is a separate pool in front of the DVC wing. Nothing fancy, but on a summer day it works to cool you off.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
BC is great too. You really can’t go wrong. We stayed there a few years back when my kids were 5 and 8. The big pool is very cool and they loved the water slide, but it does get crowded. If you want to get cooled off quick there is a separate pool in front of the DVC wing. Nothing fancy, but on a summer day it works to cool you off.
Man I am debating Boardwalk then instead. Part of what influenced me was the BC was nearly sold out vs Boardwalk lol

correcaminos

I will say it is hard with such a range of children ages. The 10yo would likely be fine on their own, but a 6yo, even as a good swimmer, is tough. We finally felt at about 8 or 9 that it was safe to send the child off to do the slide by himself. The lazy river is 8ft deep which means bad for little ones as well.

Really there are not totally ad choices though. I will say that the monorail is super easy with a scooter though which if you are doing a lot of MK that is my choice. Still easy to get to Epcot. My aunt with CP and ALS was much more easily able to navigate those vs a bus. That's why we always did BLT or PVB with her in the end. Getting to/from MK from Epcot area was not always the easiest.

Man I am debating Boardwalk then instead. Part of what influenced me was the BC was nearly sold out vs Boardwalk lol

BCV is tiny compared to BWV. That's the only reason why it 'sells out' faster than BWV.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Can your kids swim? BC pool is amazing. With little kids the one downside is the location of the water slide. You need to cross the main walkway around the lake and climb up on the pirate ship to enter the slide. Then you slide down over the path again and back into the main pool. It did make me a little nervous sending my kids alone up to the slide. We made sure they stayed together and one of us stayed at the bottom to make sure they were good coming out.

Here’s some pictures of what I’m trying to say. The ship has the stairs to the slide.
6CE76026-CEE7-426B-892D-4EAD94EC4520.jpeg

The round brown tube to the right of this picture is the slide going back over the main lake path:

257E3E76-8FB4-4B67-965B-81227A43D0AD.jpeg

The slide let’s you out back in the main pool where it’s easy to wait for a younger kid
29A505A1-EB17-4A02-BBFE-9B154FB27E38.jpeg

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Can your kids swim? BC pool is amazing. With little kids the one downside is the location of the water slide. You need to cross the main walkway around the lake and climb up on the pirate ship to enter the slide. Then you slide down over the path again and back into the main pool. It did make me a little nervous sending my kids alone up to the slide. We made sure they stayed together and one of us stayed at the bottom to make sure they were good coming out.

Here’s some pictures of what I’m trying to say. The ship has the stairs to the slide.
View attachment 325316

The round brown tube to the right of this picture is the slide going back over the main lake path:

View attachment 325315

The slide let’s you out back in the main pool where it’s easy to wait for a younger kid
View attachment 325314
Both can swim, but I think the younger one will skip the slide. I think the other factor for going BC over Boardwalk is that there are restaurants onsite, I know you can run. Over to the boardwalk easy but recsllit took a little work to get from the hotel to the actual boardwalk and if it rains eh. BLT is tempting. But my father in law hates heights, what if we get a high floor lol

correcaminos

Both can swim, but I think the younger one will skip the slide. I think the other factor for going BC over Boardwalk is that there are restaurants onsite, I know you can run. Over to the boardwalk easy but recsllit took a little work to get from the hotel to the actual boardwalk and if it rains eh. BLT is tempting. But my father in law hates heights, what if we get a high floor lol

I hate heights and BLT didn't bother me at all and we were on floor 14. We have another stay coming up and I'm tempted to ask for a really high floor again. Heck even the ideas of gondolas bother me so that says something. If you really are worried, just ask for a lower floor.

To me food at both is a wash. The QS options at BC lack big time. Cape May is hard to get into and technically you have to go outside a little to get to YC which has the better options IMO.

I've spent a lot of time at all three resorts really. I know so many love SAB, but I don't. In fact it's low on my list. My husband hated the bottom of the pool - scratched up his feet big time. I hated how crowded the chairs were and complete lack of shade there. I dislike how disjointed it is as well. In summer the pool there was so crowded I did not enjoy it. I noticed as the week went on in June that the pool got even more crowded. I prefer the DVC pool to SAB. I think BWV has a better pool really and has a Community Hall which is great if it rains.

QS near BWV is better, but it is all outside. The only indoor QS at BC is lousy in terms of choice. The pool QS ends at 6pm (I still do not get this) but the bar goes until pool close.

Restaurants themselves are all about what you like. Though truthfully I think the Swan and Dolphin beat out these two combined. Though I do like Ample Hills over the Fountain at Dolphin.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I hate heights and BLT didn't bother me at all and we were on floor 14. We have another stay coming up and I'm tempted to ask for a really high floor again. Heck even the ideas of gondolas bother me so that says something. If you really are worried, just ask for a lower floor.

To me food at both is a wash. The QS options at BC lack big time. Cape May is hard to get into and technically you have to go outside a little to get to YC which has the better options IMO.

I've spent a lot of time at all three resorts really. I know so many love SAB, but I don't. In fact it's low on my list. My husband hated the bottom of the pool - scratched up his feet big time. I hated how crowded the chairs were and complete lack of shade there. I dislike how disjointed it is as well. In summer the pool there was so crowded I did not enjoy it. I noticed as the week went on in June that the pool got even more crowded. I prefer the DVC pool to SAB. I think BWV has a better pool really and has a Community Hall which is great if it rains.

QS near BWV is better, but it is all outside. The only indoor QS at BC is lousy in terms of choice. The pool QS ends at 6pm (I still do not get this) but the bar goes until pool close.

Restaurants themselves are all about what you like. Though truthfully I think the Swan and Dolphin beat out these two combined. Though I do like Ample Hills over the Fountain at Dolphin.
My inlaws think I am a crazy overplanner as it is, as does my wife. Now I am leaning on maybe changing it to BWV. BLT I would do, but my inlaws really will like Epcot being within walking distance. They plan to just do a regular wheelchair so size of villa is not quite as important. How crowded does the main pool get at the BWV? And is the walk from there a lot harder than the one from BCV? How many access points to BW from the Villa area? Thanks again for all the great advice

correcaminos

My inlaws think I am a crazy overplanner as it is, as does my wife. Now I am leaning on maybe changing it to BWV. BLT I would do, but my inlaws really will like Epcot being within walking distance. They plan to just do a regular wheelchair so size of villa is not quite as important. How crowded does the main pool get at the BWV? And is the walk from there a lot harder than the one from BCV? How many access points to BW from the Villa area? Thanks again for all the great advice

Can I make a suggestion about a wheel chair from someone who has done that at parks and such? Don't. It gets tiresome to push all day long. It also doesn't afford the rider much freedom. Just think on that... not trying to sway but really it's more work than many realize.

The main pool at BWV is moderately crowded from what I've seen. We never felt packed. The difference though is the layout is such that the chairs are not squished in like sardines and you have better sight lines for everyone. SAB, I am not joking, had chairs literally right on top of each other with no space between on the side at all. Maybe 20 in a row and not much room between each row either. I hated it. There were a couple of tables that offered shade, but that was it. No other pool we've done feels that cramped and lacking in shade if you want (which I like when I read).

The quiet pools at both are nice, but I give a nod to BWV because of the community hall. If it has rained the ourdoor games at BCV quiet pool are not usable.

The walk from BWV isn't that hard. The little path besides BC towards BCV from Epcot is rather long too. It definitely is closer, but not enough IMO to make a huge difference.

The BW has a lot of access points on the ground from the first floor. Only thing is they have only 1 elevator bank. BCV does have more but are spread out. This is where I like ground floor on BWV. There are a lot of doors going in and out of the 1st floor making it far more accessible IMO. I know people love upper floors but we found truthfully the ground floor is more quiet - halls don't echo as much as 3rd or higher.

Phonedave

You are going outside in the rain to get to the restaurants at Beach Club as well. The DVC Villas are not connected to the main building. Granted, it is a short walk, but it is still uncovered.

Honestly, at BW, you may have to go outside, but unless it is a deluge, you can stay dry by walking under the overhangs.

Phonedave

Can your kids swim? BC pool is amazing. With little kids the one downside is the location of the water slide. You need to cross the main walkway around the lake and climb up on the pirate ship to enter the slide.

When I was a single parent with two young girls, I though this was the most asinine design for a family resort pool. I still think it is, but since my kids are much older now, it makes no difference to me.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom