2/3 bed on resort properties

Ajh999

Hi,
We are planning to travel to WDW in April 19 from the uk. We will be a family of 4 adults and 2 children (1.5 and 3.5).
As the adult are a couple of parents and couple of grandparents we are going to need a room/suite/villa with at least 2 bedrooms if not 3. If it were 2 we would need to not have beds in communal areas but in bedrooms (maybe a double and bunk beds in one room and another double bedroom??)
Would prefer to stay on resort so we can use transport and meal plans.
Does anyone have any advice or tips about how we could go about this please?
All help appreciated as I have been to WDW but not for 20 years!

21stamps

When I was a child my parents would book connecting rooms at Poly or the Contemporary. I’m not sure if the 2 bedroom villas existed back then, if they did, then I’d assume they were the more expensive option and my dad didn’t want to pay. ;)

Anyway, that worked for my family of 5, sometimes 6.

Upvote 0

Rob562

A two-bedroom villa at a DVC resort would work. They'd have a master bedroom with a King size bed and the second bedroom with either two queen beds or a queen and a full-size pullout sofa.

And as mentioned previously, two connecting rooms would also fit your needs. But if you're staying in a Moderate resort or better, make sure to price out renting DVC points. You might find that a 2-bedroom at Old Key West is comparable in price to two rooms in a Moderate like Port Orleans.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Ajh999

Original Poster
Thanks Rob, a good point. As a non DVC member, im doubting that joining would be cost effective at all?
I know DVC properties do become available 6-7 months ahead of time but think as we will be there over the Easter availability may be limited?
Thanks in advance

Andy

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
@Rob562 isn't suggesting buying DVC.

You can go to a rental broker, like David's who's one of the sponsors here, and rent the points from an owner to stay. The owner makes the reservation for you and you pay for the points needed.

https://www.dvcrequest.com/

The main draw-back is that it's non-refundable. Once it's booked you can't change the dates. The site has more information, and there's a DVC forum here to ask questions on.

You can also rent privately, but that takes a lot of trust. A broker provides protection for you and the owner.

Otherwise, for your needs the other solution is to book direct with Disney. You can do that at any time, availability is key. The Tree houses (@ Saratoga Springs) might also be good, 3 rooms (one with bunk beds), plus full kitchen etc. It's about the same as a 2 bed DVC points wise, not sure about cost wise direct with Disney.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I would definitely look at two room arrangement and not really for a single suite. I think you may save money by going that route.

The other recommendation of renting DVC points is a good idea, though I would recommend reading up on that, as it has some wrinkles and restrictions that you doin't get when getting room at disney directly.

Upvote 0

Ajh999

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the input. Will explore the DVC points route as well as 2 separate rooms I think.
Along with that ive seen about the potential for the free meal plans if we are in hotel accommodation although I know this means paying full rack rate.
Any other tips (including best value/moderate properties for families) greatly appreciated.
Andy

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom