1st Week in Jan. or 2nd Week in Mar.?

EdHi

Hello all,

Could use a little planning help. With the kids school schedule, we have the opportunity of visiting WDW either Jan. 2-7 or Mar. 11-15.

The crowds are the main limiting factor for us. I know the week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest but does it fall off immediately? I think we might also get a small chance to see the decorations but we went 2 weeks before Christmas 2 years ago and saw the Osbornes .

In March, I know the week before Easter is bad, but what about the week before that?

Any help would be apprciated. This would be a large expenditure for us to get there and find out it was too crowded to do anything.

Thanks!

Ed

tmli

We've gone during the first week of January for the last three years. My husband can't get away so I travel with my young son alone. The crowds are excellent during this time, not to many--just right. We also get the best deals for hotels, flights and admission. This year couldn't get away til the 10th of January but it still is my fav. mth to go. I also find some good after xmas markdowns on some souvenirs. I've never gone any other time so I can't compare but this time really works well for us.

Upvote 0

EdHi

Original Poster
I wonder, though, if the fact that New Year's is on a Tuesday this year will affect the crowds. I think a lot of schools my not go back until Mon. the 7th. It could be crowded.

Anybody have any thoughts on Mar. 11-15? We went the first week in Mar. last year and it was great. A friend went the week after we did and said it was kind of crowded.

This would be the week before - the week before Easter.

Ed

Upvote 0

NowInc

I'd say go in march...just before easter break its ususally pretty dealable. I hate crouds...so I try to keep an eye out for the best times to go....

January is usually a bad time just because people like to take their kids for 'extended' vacations...

Upvote 0

Coronado

Most schools here in Florida are not going back until Monday the 7th. I would go for the January time......March and April have had some of the bad weather.... cold (fourty-fifty ish)... wind, rain moving southward from colder areas of the country....The absolute best time to visit for us is in the October-November months when the crowds are lower and temps are cooler. As for the bargins.....they used to discount closeouts in the stores... now they have outlets they send them to....Have a great time.

Upvote 0

EdHi

Original Poster
We're pretty much leaning towards March at this point. The fact that Fla. doesn't go back to school until Jan. 7 (along with probably everybody else) probably means big 'hangover' crowds.

I am concerned about spring break though. Last year, we went a week earlier and it was great. 11-15 may be too late, especially since Easter is so early.

Is there any place on the net I can get a summary of peoples spring break times? Surely the tourism industry keeps tabs on these things.

Ed

Upvote 0

EdHi

Original Poster
Not sure what to do now. Looked up a few sites for spring break dates (the best is Destin-Fort Walton Beach). Prime time seems to be Mar. 11-31. I don't think we could go that. May be back to Jan. 2-7.

Aaaagh!

Ed

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

If I were you, I would bump it up another week in Jan. & go during the 2nd Week. According to Birbaum's WDW 2001, 2nd week of January through 1st week of February is one of the least crowded times to go.

Upvote 0

Coronado

When ever you go... I am sure that you will have a great time...Have you tried the fishing excersions? The one for the kids is great and they really catch a lot of bass and crappe.... Steve the guide is great with kids.....reservations by calling WDWPLAY from rooms. I will be over there the fist week in January....If it is raining..... we will be the family with the yellow punchos:lol:

Upvote 0

EdHi

Original Poster
Unfortunately, we are unable to go during the second week. Our current thinking is that we will probably wait until Oct. - our fall break. Don't want to take the chance that we go in Jan and it is too packed to have a good time.

Ed

Upvote 0

Mattore

I would recommend March -- it will probably be a little more crowded, but you'll also get longer park hours for the most part. You can check the official website though to compare the hours in detail if you like. Neither time should be overly crowded.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom