1st week in Feb 2014...why no availability?

Respo12

Original Poster
Hey everyone, does anyone know why Im having trouble finding a room for the first week of february 2014? I usually always stay at the BC, and can always get a room with ease at that time of year. Theres nothing available, at BC, YC, or even GF and Bay lake tower if i wanted to splurge. Is there some sort of even going on that week? what are the parks going to be like that week? (feb 2-8 2014)
Thanks in advance

ToTBellHop

Hey everyone, does anyone know why Im having trouble finding a room for the first week of february 2014? I usually always stay at the BC, and can always get a room with ease at that time of year. Theres nothing available, at BC, YC, or even GF and Bay lake tower if i wanted to splurge. Is there some sort of even going on that week? what are the parks going to be like that week? (feb 2-8 2014)
Thanks in advance
They are being very strange in their release of room blocks. This is now commonplace. I'm sure it's a method of cost cutting from a PowerPoint file.

Thanks in advance
There is free dining and 35% of hotel package going on that week! We booked before we found out... Now I'm worried about the crowds!

ToTBellHop

There is free dining and 35% of hotel package going on that week! We booked before we found out... Now I'm worried about the crowds!
Don't be. It'll be pretty quiet. The reason there are no rooms available is that not all rooms are available for booking. The reason for the incredible deals mentioned is that bookings are very weak and Disney has closed up huge blocks of rooms as a money saving strategy.

Don't be. It'll be pretty quiet. The reason there are no rooms available is that not all rooms are available for booking. The reason for the incredible deals mentioned is that bookings are very weak and Disney has closed up huge blocks of rooms as a money saving strategy.
I sure am glad to hear that!!
Thanks!!

danpam1024

so they blocked off deluxe rooms to save money:confused::confused::confused:. Help me understand THAT logic!

ABQ

It's not entirely rational. It was done as a knee jerk response due to extreme concern at TDO. The Pooh in their pants these days has nothing to do with hunny.
Are you certain of this super low attendance? Not trying to raise doubts on what you're aware of, certainly I'm aware of nothing, only how crowds were entering into the holiday season, I just don't see them dropping down so much on the other side.

PolynesianPrincess

Thanks in advance

That is very stange considering we had the option of BC Villas just a couple weeks ago with the discount. It actually shocked me that BCV, BWV and VWL all had availabilty on studio rooms. Usually those go very quickly. They must have sold all those rooms with the discounts and not opened others up?

DisneyJoe

Just checked for 2 adults - Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk all showing non-discounted availability for Feb 2-8, 2014. Even Grand Floridian and Bay Lake Tower Deluxe Studio.

Checking discounts now...

DisneyJoe

Respo12 - I'd try again, I am seeing plenty of availability, I've only been able to check the non-discounted rates, when I try to quote discounts online the site is giving me issues. I'll try again later.

Really? For who? All I can tell is UP TO 35% off rack room rates for that period (at least to the US general public). Well, that and Stay Play Dine.
I got an email with a code for free dining during a certain set of dates and 35% off room during the same
Set you choose one or see which on us available for your dates. February and march are the dates they offered me! And yes it is true that this is one of
The least crowded times! I just hope it stays the same since they offered so many people free dining!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom