1st trip without the kids

UNCgolf

Wife and I are staying 3 days in February without the kids. What to do?

Go to Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk. Piano bar where they take requests; it's a ton of fun.

Also, if you want to eat a nice meal, get a reservation at Flying Fish for the same night. It's also at the Boardwalk and the food has been excellent every time we've been. It's expensive, but worth the price because of the food quality.

Upvote 0

DisAl

Do you really need help with what to do on a trip without the kids? 🥰
We have done trips with just the two of us for our 35th, 40th, and 45th anniversaries and we had a ball! We love taking the whole family, but it is a totally different trip with just adults. We too spent much more time in the World Showcase without the kids, venturing in to little nooks that we had never had the time to see before.
I will second the suggestion for Flying Fish. That was one of the best meals we had on an 8 day trip last March. The Cocoa Breach desert is absolutely delicious! Be careful though, it is so good if you accidentally get some on your forehead your tongue will slap your brains out trying to get at it.

Upvote 0

awoogala

Lounges! I go solo every year, without my kids. The luxury of eating when and how much and drinks (if your drink) is fantastic. No reservations. Cava De Tequila (chips, salsa, queso, margaritas!), Tutto Gusto wine bar (wine, charcuterie, meatballs) are both in EPCOT. AK has Nomad's lounge for some excellent mixed drinks and small plates, HS has their own outdoor lounge (salads, sliders, great cocktails). It's great to just go right in when you want to.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Just enjoy. When DW and I went without our son for the first time, we found it sooo relaxing. No demands, no trying to occupy his time, keep him happy, have to eat at a certain time, find food he would eat, deal with moods.... Just do things on the spur of the moment. Stay up late wandering your resort. Enjoy the nightlife at DS. Laugh, play, be the romantic people you were when you were dating. It will do your relationship a world of good. And dont feel guilty that the kids are left behind.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Go to Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk. Piano bar where they take requests; it's a ton of fun.

Also, if you want to eat a nice meal, get a reservation at Flying Fish for the same night. It's also at the Boardwalk and the food has been excellent every time we've been. It's expensive, but worth the price because of the food quality.
Curious...what’s the obsession with jelly rolls?

Upvote 0

Nottamus

My wife and I started going in 2014 with no kids...and In March of this year will be the 12th. ( and November 2020 is 13th)

you don’t have to hang at a lounge to have fun. You can do that anywhere.

For us, just strolling around EP World Showcase as the sun sets is amazing . Sample some food, drinks , desserts...its all right there.
Take a bus to Coronado Springs ...go to Dahlias lounge on top of tower and have a drink while seeing A great view of HS and another sunset ( I guess we like sunsets )

What we do, is not over plan....just roll with the day (after fast passes of course)

we eat QS or can book a TS same day If we want to Try that.

Upvote 0

Disney Transplant

I feel this is very “duh” but...enjoy the little things. Take a stroll around world showcase with a drink in hand, take in the atmosphere of the parks, don’t rush around.

Take your time doing things those 3 days and ENJOY your alone time. Also someone mentioned Jellyrolls, do that too.

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

"Highway in the Sky Dine Around" was a really enjoyable activity that I did without kids. It's a progressive dinner at three resorts, Contemporary, Polynesian & Grand Floridian resorts where you will enjoy a different drink at each location and a different cuisine item as well. Very nice activity

Upvote 0

Diesel Dan

Our first trip without kids we took the Keys To The Kingdom tour. We would highly recommend it. Epcot and touring the countries at a slow pace taking it all in is cool too.

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

The last time the DW & I were at WDW alone was our honeymoon in '93...we are going twice this year (thanks, AP), the first is in May with the family and she & I are going alone in November. We plan on really checking out the "little things" at Epcot's WS and she wants to do some resort hopping. We're not going to go crazy with the FP's, but really take our time and not sweating the small stuff so to speak. Usually we stay at AoA, but fur this upcoming trip, she splurged and we are staying for the first time at Poly. It will be great not having to worry about everyone's food choices, so we are REALLY looking forward to it...I think you will too!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Monorail crawl :D This is SOOOOOOOOO much better than drinking around the world showcase. The drinks are better quality and more potent. That was one of the highlights for us when we went kid-free several years ago. We also ate at a lot of the places we knew our kids wouldn't appreciate. I had mornings where DH slept in while I went out to explore solo.

Upvote 0

inside-out

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the responses. We're going to get down there on Sunday the 16th. Our tickets and reservations don't start till the 17th. If I go to the boardwalk Sunday night, is there a place to park over there?

Upvote 0

ELG13

Every trip my husband and I get a night out without the kids. We always end up doing an after-hours ticketed event because we can enjoy all the big rides we love, but don't normally ride during the day. We get to actually go in stores and leisurely browse. Aside from not having our kids, the lower crowds are amazing. Weve been able to ride space mountain 7 times in a row. We've been able to stay on thunder and splash mountain for several trips. We've gotten plenty of nearly empty shots on main Street. We figure when we are at home we have the ability to go to a nice meal and drinks when we want to plan ahead for it so when we are in Disney we want to do Disney.

Upvote 0
We went down alone for our wedding anniversary and did lots of things:

One of my favourites things that we did was book a special experience: the Wild Africa Trek. It was worth every penny.

We also booked a restaurants for each night and ended up going to two fancy restaurants: California Grill & Victoria and Albert. The views and the food at California grill were awesome and V&A was an amazing culinary experience.

We often enjoyed drinks at the bars/pubs. Epcot has a ton of cool spots for adults to enjoy some drinks. Another fun place to have drinks was Trader Sam's at the Polynesian.

We also enjoyed the fireworks on the beach of the Polynesian instead of inside the parks. More intimate and less crowded. (it was easy for us since we were staying at the Poly). Or maybe consider a firework cruise.

Head to Disney Springs for an evening of fun. Lots of food, drinking and shopping options.

We also attended the MNSSHP. You can maybe check out the After-Dark parties being offered. You can stay up late, enjoy the festivities and the rides with less people.

Take it easy, plan some pool days and enjoy the hot tub, visit some of the shops and do the things that the kids never want to do, Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom