1st Trip to DLP

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello all
We (DH,DW,DD16,DD14) are going to Europe for the first time in August and will stay at the Sequoia Lodge for 2 nights to enjoy DLP.

We have most of the details figured out but I still working out a few things and could use some help.

1) Having a hard time finding menus for restaurants in DLP and in the Village.
My older daughter is a vegetarian that does not each dairy so seeing the menus is very important.

2) Rail to London from DLP:
We need to catch a train on Aug 23 and get to London. All the trains I have found transfer at Lille, France. Some transfer times are only 30 minutes.
If anyone has done this or is familiar with the train system please reply back.
Is 30min long enough if all 4 of us have a suitcase? (do you keep suitcases with you on your car or do they store them for you?)

Thanks in advance for any advice and tips

Max

Pantipan

Agrabah is my favorite buffet. (when there is not too much people)

It's an oriental and continental buffet. So there are plenty of things that look "fresh and new".

mgf

Some transfer times are only 30 minutes.
If anyone has done this or is familiar with the train system please reply back.
Is 30min long enough if all 4 of us have a suitcase? (do you keep suitcases with you on your car or do they store them for you?)

My wife and I are just finishing our first backpacking trip across Europe. Coincidently, we are in Paris and just went to DLP yesterday. We really loved the park. Though it was different from WDW, there is certainly magic. To your question, in my limited experience from this trip, 30 min is ample time to transfer. One of our transfers was only 4 min and we never felt panicked/rushed. We also have carried our bags onto every train. There is generally overhead storage as well as shelves in the 'foyer' by the loading doors. I am certainly no train expert but I would be happy to answer questions. As a general tip, you might consult seat61.com which is an excellent resource for train travel, especially departing the UK. Finally, the German rail DB Bahn has an excellent online time table that covers virtually all of Europe.

OurDailyGruel

There is a train from London's St. Pancras (not pancreas) to Paris Disney. There is also a pricier TGV to DLP from Paris and a longer RER train from DLP to Paris. I have the Unofficial Guide to DLP which I don't like but the British guide to DLP may be good for you as the Brits enjoy better discounts to DLP than Americans.

mgf

We took the RER A from Les Halles which was roughly a 40 minute ride and cost less than 7E per person plus you can connect to any off the Metro lines on the same ticket. It was really easy. It looks like there are several connections to Gare du Nord including the Line 4 out of Les Halles in the direction of Porte de Clignancourt.

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
So first off thanks for all the advice and help.

We have a good idea where we are eating and when we are leaving.
(Train to London via Lille at 2:50pm).

Just curious about touring plan and any suggestions.

We will arrive on a Sunday around midday and check out the Village until our room at the Sequoia is ready. (I am assumming that Sunday August 21 will be a busy day at the parks).

Would the Sequoia be able to store our luggage or should we use a locker at the train station?

We then plan for all day monday at Disneyland and then tour WDS on tuesday until 1:30-2pm (to catch the 2:40 train)

Sound about right?

Suggestions and alternative planning is welcome

Thanks
Max

Pantipan

Yes, Sequoia will be able to store your luggages (free)

You won't have so much time in the WDS. For an WDW veteran, there is three "Must Do" => Animagique - Cinémagique - Crush's coaster.
Stich is a very nice "turtle Talk" show too.
After explore !

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
So how about this for a plan:

1) Arrive Sunday mid day - drop off the bags at Sequoia - go to DLP in the afternoon - check in and have dinner at hotel, and then go back to DLP in the evening.
2) On Monday (my birthday!) do an early start at DLP , lunch in the Village , afternoon in WDS to do everything but Crush Coaster, evening at DLP
3) Tuesday morning checkout - store bags at train station - rope drop at WDS to do Crush and then go back to DLP if we want to hit things again.

Thoughts, advice, and opinions always welcome

Thanks
Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Another completely different question:

We have breakfast included at the hotel in our package.

How do I "sign up" for a time?
Can I do it now ( 7 weeks out) or do I wait until I arrive.

We want to do a very early meal to get to the parks for early entry.

Thanks
Max

disney magic 06

When you check in at the hotel you will select a card for the breakfast time of your choice for each day of your stay. At busy times the choice becomes limited for popular times but we prefer to go early before the rush. At quiet times they collect in the cards as you enter the restaurant but don't bother what time they are for, and my daughter always joins us later and has yet to be asked for any id or card, it is all easy going.

The direct train from Disney to London departs in the evening daily around 7pm.

If you notice that Crush's Coaster has a reasonably short queue at any point during your first day at the studios, I would take advantage of that as it does break down quite often and it is too good to miss out on!

The Sequoia Lodge is a lovely hotel, my favourite of all the DLP ones. Have a great time :)

LizziB

My sister is a CM at DLP, and so i've been more times than i can remember. We've never had a touring plan for these parks, as the atmosphere is different to WDW, not worse, just different.
In August the parks will be busy, its the height of the season, and just by the UK Summer Bank Holiday, and its always been difficult to get everything done in just 2 days, and personally I wouldn't recommend park hopping if you want to do everything, as you'll be wasting time. Use the fast passes as much as you can.
If you want to eat in the village in the evening, book first! Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, and Chef Mickey get busy, especially early evening/diner time.
If you are wanting to get autographs from any of the charachters, it can be a very different story to getting them in WDW! There are areas in the parks with organised meet and greets, but there are also times when the characters are just around - queueing does not work. be prepared to push yourself into a photo!!

Hope this helps, and have a lovely time!! I'll be off enjoying my WDW holiday at the time you're in DLP! I'd point you in the direction of my sister to say hi, but I'd get in trouble if I said who she was!!

KCBroadway

My husband and I spend the last two days of our London-Paris trip last summer at DLP and had a great time. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel (courtesy of our DVC points) and it was amazing! That is the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in on any Disney property. We went in late June so we didn't get to experience any of the nighttime entertainment, which was sad. The parks closed so early it was still light out. Downtown Disney there is pretty uneventful as well so we ended up relaxing at our hotel for the 3 nights we were there. Luckily...we are actually doing another Europe tour in two weeks and it ends in Paris. Since we did 5 days in Paris last summer we are going to take one of our 2 days there this time and do a day trip to DLP. We are going to do a one day hopper and see what we can. We are mainly excited for the nighttime parade and fireworks.

As far as attractions....Crush's Coaster was my favorite attraction in both parks. It is SO much fun. Definitely get there first thing if you can because the waits get can long. Both parks had some great attractions and the architecture was beautiful...especially the castle. I was a bit disappointed with Space Mountain because it was not smooth at all. I felt it could have been a great coaster due to the theme / music / effects...but it was just so intense that your head moved all over. I tried it a second time just to see if I was imagining it the first time...but nope ha ha.

Pirates of the Caribbean was also a bit odd...as was their haunted mansion (Phantom Manor). Both are nothing like the DL and WDW versions. Big Thunder Mountain was amazing...best out of the 3 versions I have ridden.

As far as restaurants...we had reservations at Cafe Mickey / Walt's / Blue Lagoon. All three were very good. I had my best meal at Blue Lagoon, but the communication / language barrier was most difficult here.

Anyway, I could write for hours. Have a great time! :wave:

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello all - thanks for all the advice

Only 2 weeks until we go - still a few open issues.

Cell Phone: Our Canadian provider charges high roaming fees.
Would buying an inexpensive cell with "pay as you go" minutes be the best alternative?
Any particular location to purchase or any partcular French carrier to choose?
What about England? Would I have to buy another one or use the same phone I bought in France?

Any advice at this point would be appreciated

Thanks
Max

Dlp

Been to DLP quite a few times--it is much smaller than WDW as you can walk from one park to the other. Also you can walk from the hotel to the parks ,although there is a bus service if wanted.
It does get busy at the weekends as many Parisians have annual passes so go there Sat/Sun.
The breakfasts are good--I am vegetarian but do eat dairy, so can`t be sure if there is Soya milk. have a great time and don`t worry if you can`t speak French--they are all very good at speaking English!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom