1st time using DVC, on a wait list...

wolfeman

Original Poster
OCT of 2011 we bought 150 pts at SSR. We are planning our 1st trip for something like Nov 5-12 of this year. We really wanted BCR, but instead got AKL, 2 bedroom. We were then put on a wait list for Beach Club. Do we have any chance of getting the BCR in Nov.? We were trying for a 2 bedroom as well. The the person booking our room seemed optimistic for us that we could get the BCR. What are our chances...Thanks and Welcome Home...

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
EPCOT Wine and Food does not end till Nov 11. So I think it is going to be hard to get off the wait list.

Annielkd

wait list

Every time I've been put on a wait list for high occupamcy times, I've gotten what I've wanted. You probably wouldn't get it if you did it a month or so before... but, I would think there is a good chance. Keep your fingers crossed!
P.S. Last time I switched from Bay Lake Towers, to Animal Kingdom, then to Boardwalk.... I couldn't make up my mind!

Annielkd

thread

How did you get a post with this question... I have a question to ask, and I'd like to start a new thread, or post of my own.

bgraham34

I hope it will not always be this difficult

The problem that you have is that you purchased at SSR. In order to get the ideal dates that you want you need to book at your home resort at 11 months or up to 7 months before your trip. After 7 months or even at 7 months it becomes difficult to get the busier times of year at a non home DVC resort.

Pioneer Hall

I usually do fairly well with the wait list, but trying to get those resorts during one of their most in demand times is a challenge. I am currently booked in a 1br at OKW from Oct 11-14. I waitlisted Boardwalk, but have no expectations that I will be getting it.

wolfeman

Original Poster
The problem that you have is that you purchased at SSR. In order to get the ideal dates that you want you need to book at your home resort at 11 months or up to 7 months before your trip. After 7 months or even at 7 months it becomes difficult to get the busier times of year at a non home DVC resort.

We did book 11 months in advance at SSR. We decided to change our plans. Today was the 7month mark to try and get a different resort

awilliams4

While not impossible, I would be suprised if you got a BCV or BWV Boardwalk View 2 Bedroom at 7 months during Food and Wine for several days in a row even if you wait listed at 7 months.

You may get it but it may be best to assume that you would now be able to stay at these resorts consistently during Food and Wine with SSR points.

Lynne M

Trying to book BCV at 7 months out during the Food and Wine Festival will always be difficult, I'm afraid. Many members have bought into BCV just to have the 11-month booking window for F&W. All I can suggest is to call the minute the MS lines open up, the day your 7-month booking window opens, the next time you want to do this.

BWV can be a bit easier to get at 7 months, just because it's a somewhat larger resort, so there are more villas to go around. BCV is one of the smallest of the DVC resorts, so the high demand during F&W fills it up quickly.

Currently we are booked for SSR for October and on a wait list BC and BLT. I know BC will be tough. Is it better to call periodically to see if there are cancellations or just be patient and hope we get the call that a room is available at another resort?

Pioneer Hall

Currently we are booked for SSR for October and on a wait list BC and BLT. I know BC will be tough. Is it better to call periodically to see if there are cancellations or just be patient and hope we get the call that a room is available at another resort?

If you are on a wait list I see no reason to call. If a room becomes available they will assign it accordingly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom