1st Time staying at Cabins in Fort Wilderness

wolfeman

Hi all,

This is my 1st time posting, hope this is the right forum...

Been goin to WDW for the last 20 years or so, but this is the 1st time we are staying at the Cabins in Fort Wilderness. We are going August 28 to Sept 2.

Any suggestions? I have some questions...Is a certain loop better than another? Can you ask for a loop or do they just assign you? Any tip or suggetsion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

yankspy

Welcome. I would suggest renting a car or renting those little golf carts as everything is very spread out. We stayed in a cabin last year for the first time and I enjoyed it very much. The room is spacious and has a full kitchen so it almost like having a 1 BR Villa. Have fun.

Upvote 0

kstella

I would try to get one closer to the Marina(100 loop I think). To me, much more atmosphere, and really cool being able to hear the boats coming and going. Plus, walking distance to the boats to get you to MK.

The decision as to whether or not to rent a golf cart for your stay can depend on different things...do you have small children and do you hate waiting for buses? It's never very far to an internal FW bus, but I have had time where I've seen three buses going one way and unfortunately it wasn't the way I was heading!!!

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Welcome. I would suggest renting a car or renting those little golf carts as everything is very spread out. We stayed in a cabin last year for the first time and I enjoyed it very much. The room is spacious and has a full kitchen so it almost like having a 1 BR Villa. Have fun.

I would try to get one closer to the Marina(100 loop I think). To me, much more atmosphere, and really cool being able to hear the boats coming and going. Plus, walking distance to the boats to get you to MK.

The decision as to whether or not to rent a golf cart for your stay can depend on different things...do you have small children and do you hate waiting for buses? It's never very far to an internal FW bus, but I have had time where I've seen three buses going one way and unfortunately it wasn't the way I was heading!!!

The carts are expensive, but we also found them worth every penny when we stayed there. And not only is the kitchen well-stocked, but if you like to cook out, there's a charcoal grill right outside your door.

We didn't stay in the 100 loop, but it sounds like a nice place. We had the 2500 loop, which was right next to the smaller pool (and a laundry center). We found that to be a very convenient location as well, and the kids loved the fact that "their" pool seemed quieter as compared to the other. I'm sure that you'll all have a great time.....:)

Upvote 0

wolfeman

Original Poster
The carts are expensive, but we also found them worth every penny when we stayed there. And not only is the kitchen well-stocked, but if you like to cook out, there's a charcoal grill right outside your door.

We didn't stay in the 100 loop, but it sounds like a nice place. We had the 2500 loop, which was right next to the smaller pool (and a laundry center). We found that to be a very convenient location as well, and the kids loved the fact that "their" pool seemed quieter as compared to the other. I'm sure that you'll all have a great time.....:)

How much does it cost to have the kitchen stocked?

Upvote 0

Scuttle

I've wanted to stay here for years. I would also think that the loop closest to the marina would be the best. If you haven't been to the Hoop De Doo it is MUST.

Upvote 0
I've used Garden Grocer quite a few times and have never had an issue with them. Plus if you order over a certain amount ($200 or so), they give you free delivery.

Well worth it.. IMO. :wave:

By well- stocked I was referring to the pots, pans and other kitchen utensils that comes with the cabin.

But Garden Grocer can deliver there as well.....:)

Upvote 0

Kman

We used to stay in the cabins when I was a kid. Since then my family and I have camped every time and enjoyed. This year we decided that we could only go in August and due to the intense heat & humidity and a great deal on the cabins, we decided to spring for it. We are actually there for 13 nights!!

Very excited. They were always an awesome place to stay!

Upvote 0

Huglife

I stayed at the cabins in 2009 and and I'm staying in one again for my December trip. I requested the 2500 loop for both trips it's right next to the smaller pool and laundry. I heard the transportation to the parks isn't the best but we rent a car, and it's nice to be able to park your car right outside the cabin. We didn't get a golf cart or miss it, but we didn't spend too much time wandering around the campground. We are going for 11 days in December so we may explore more.

Upvote 0

daisysimone

hoop de doo

Definitely go to the Hoop De Doo Revue. I have four kids from 3 to 11 and everyone had a blast! Also the campfire, singalong and movies under the stars are nice and fun.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom