1st Time Flying

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Well guys II'm being a brave soul and taking my 1st flight. I'm a nervous wreck about it. Does anybody have any advice for me to ease my pain. :)

Nut4Disney

Hey Jay - Rod,
I assume you are flying to WDW. I would just relax and get a window seat. It is really very cool to look out and try to make out things on the ground. I would also take some gum as the last time I flew to Orlando in Oct. my ears were absolutely killing me by the time we arrived. By the way, where do you live in Ky?

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Hey thanks for the tip. I'm thinking i'm more worried about getting sick on the plane. lol oh and i live in western ky 45 min south of paducah

M

Mr Lightbeer

If it's your time to go,
it's your time to go.

Attachments

• tigger4.gif
    tigger4.gif
    29.3 KB · Views: 84
M

Mr Lightbeer

Hey ,what if it's the pilots time to go ? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• tinkerbell_animated.gif
    tinkerbell_animated.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 72

Disney Maniac

Jay-Rod,

It's a good idea to chew gum right before the plane begins its takeoff roll. It'll help your ears adjust to the sudden pressure changes as the aircraft gains altitude. Same thing applies for landing. And it might be a good idea to grab a nap, depending on when your flight leaves. It'll ease your fears of flying and make the trip go a lot faster.

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
well our flight leaves at 10:30 in the morning and its a hour and half flight and the good thing is I have to work the night before we leave so i should be pretty tired. lets hope so!!!! :)

The Mom

Premium Member
Jay-Rod,
I prefer Mentos or gummy bears to gum. You get the same chewing/swallowing effect without the old gum to dispose of. Also, I've done a fair amount of flying without ever getting queasy. Airsickness is pretty unusual in today's planes, unless you hit bad turbulance. I wouldn't worry about it. You'll be more bothered by the cramped quarters & bad food (if they feed you at all!)

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by marciahahn
Jay-Rod,
I prefer Mentos or gummy bears to gum. You get the same chewing/swallowing effect without the old gum to dispose of. Also, I've done a fair amount of flying without ever getting queasy. Airsickness is pretty unusual in today's planes, unless you hit bad turbulance. I wouldn't worry about it. You'll be more bothered by the cramped quarters & bad food (if they feed you at all!)
[/QUOTE

how cramped are we talking . i'm flying with delta :)]

Piglet

An hour and a half flight!! We have to a 9 - 10 hour flight from England to visit WDW. If I lived an hour and a half away, I'd be there every weekend!!

Any how, I hope you have a great trip. Delta are o.k. space wise, we've always been alright and my husband is not the smallest of people!!

And ignore Lightbeer, you've got more chance of being run over by a camel (or something like that):D :D

Have a good one!!

Spocky

You can ask if you can take a look in the cockpit. When you see how relaxed the pilots are you will feel relaxed too.

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
aweee u guys are making me feel awhole lot better now. I'm trying to ease the pain now. I thinking ican ride all these rides like ToT AND RnR AND SUCH. surely i can ride in a plane :)

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by Piglet
An hour and a half flight!! We have to a 9 - 10 hour flight from England to visit WDW. If I lived an hour and a half away, I'd be there every weekend!!

Any how, I hope you have a great trip. Delta are o.k. space wise, we've always been alright and my husband is not the smallest of people!!

And ignore Lightbeer, you've got more chance of being run over by a camel (or something like that):D :D

Have a good one!!

thanks I hope i have a great trip too. were leaving out in 38 days and counting :)

Tramp

Jay....

Hey Jay...can you email me some of your personal information, I'd like to take out flight insurance on you.:eek: :eek: :eek:

(It's not the drop that kills you, it's the sudden stop)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom