1st time DVC rental at Poly

Kiwiduck

Original Poster
I have just booked 10 nights in a Poly studio through the DVC rental store in May 2020. It is very intimidating making a non-refundable deposit and this is the first time I have rented DVC points after flirting with the idea for years. I probably should have asked these questions before I paid but have people here had good experiences with renting through this agency?

lostpro9het

I have just booked 10 nights in a Poly studio through the DVC rental store in May 2020. It is very intimidating making a non-refundable deposit and this is the first time I have rented DVC points after flirting with the idea for years. I probably should have asked these questions before I paid but have people here had good experiences with renting through this agency?
Yes! Lauren at the DVC Rental store is amazing. We’ve had two great experiences there. We were working on a 3rd experience when a small DVC contract came available that we couldn’t resist and we had to back out of the rental request. They refunded our $100 deposit the very next day. I wouldn’t hesitate doing business with them again.

Weather_Lady

I haven't rented from them [yet], but I've made requests and inquiries from them in the past and received terrific customer service. They're one of the top two most talked-about and recommended DVC rental agencies on these forums and they have an excellent reputation. You shouldn't have any concerns.

The only thing I worry about with DVC rental is the possibility of an emergency that keeps us from traveling (e.g., medical issue, death in the family, etc.), so if my rental contract doesn't provide a remedy for those types of things, I purchase vacation insurance to cover the non-refundable costs. Travelguard has been our go-to in the past. (Thankfully, we've never had to make claim, though.)

correcaminos

I have sent friends there and they had good service at least. I agree with looking into travel insurance just in case.

Enjoy your stay. We love PVB!

Kiwiduck

Original Poster
@lostpro9het, @helenabear, @Weather_Lady, thank you for your reassurances, it was good to hear about your experiences. I was surprised to be able to get availability for 10 days and am feeling very excited about staying at the Polynesian for a good discount. I need to get travel insurance anyway as I am coming from overseas so I will organise that asap in case of emergencies.

imsosarah

Book Ohana dinner as soon as it opens - it is a lot of fun when you are staying there and hard to get seats at. No matter where we stay it is the families "must do" dinner on each trip.

We love the rooms at poly - you'll have a great time!

@lostpro9het, @helenabear, @Weather_Lady, thank you for your reassurances, it was good to hear about your experiences. I was surprised to be able to get availability for 10 days and am feeling very excited about staying at the Polynesian for a good discount. I need to get travel insurance anyway as I am coming from overseas so I will organise that asap in case of emergencies.

lostpro9het

Book Ohana dinner as soon as it opens - it is a lot of fun when you are staying there and hard to get seats at. No matter where we stay it is the families "must do" dinner on each trip.

We love the rooms at poly - you'll have a great time!
Or you can just order 'Ohana in your room!
Twilight-Feast-In-ROom-Dining-Polynesian-Menu.jpg

Minthorne

I was going to suggest this too! Granted I don't eat that much meat so I'm not into 'Ohana but I've seen it and it looks like a much better deal (left overs too)

It used to be only like $42 in 2017 and was an amazing deal. They even had a child portion which cost less and when I was there solo I got that and it made almost 4 meals for me. Unfortunately it had a big price jump in 2018 and they also removed the child portion option.

correcaminos

It used to be only like $42 in 2017 and was an amazing deal. They even had a child portion which cost less and when I was there solo I got that and it made almost 4 meals for me. Unfortunately it had a big price jump in 2018 and they also removed the child portion option.
I know that, still a good deal compared to going to 'Ohana IMO. I could see my husband ordering it still since he likes meats more than I do.

EOD K9

Yes! Lauren at the DVC Rental store is amazing. We’ve had two great experiences there. We were working on a 3rd experience when a small DVC contract came available that we couldn’t resist and we had to back out of the rental request. They refunded our $100 deposit the very next day. I wouldn’t hesitate doing business with them again.
If you keep buying more points, how will you rent from me?

lostpro9het

If you keep buying more points, how will you rent from me?
You’re partially to blame for my current situation, both DVC and DCL! First, you were my DVC dealer that got me hooked on DVC. Then, you put the bug in my ear about renting points for cruising. Now, Im renting points to fund our next three DCL trips while putting bids on more DVC contracts for futures trips! We’re on the clock for some VGC points which would be perfect timing for our Vancouver->San Diego 2020 DCL trip that will end at DL. Again, you’re partially to blame for all this!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom