1986 Blue Sky Park - Harbortown U.S.A. Brainstorm

DashHaber

Alright, here we are!

Well, with the New England aesthetic, that definitely gives us a firm grounding point for theming in plenty of aspects. For instance, a great opportunity for seafood and classic New England fare in our eateries.

Also, this is a prime chance for an entrance land that could have some real attractions of its own. For instance, if we did The Haunted Mansion, this would be a prime area for it. Either just the ride as normal, or a variant more tied to Colonial history or as the home of a former sea captain. A Sleepy Hollow dark ride would also be a great choice for this area.

Last edited:

AceAstro

Alright, here we are!

Well, with the New England aesthetic, that definitely gives us a firm grounding point for theming in plenty of aspects. For instance, a great opportunity for seafood and classic New England fare in our eateries.

Also, this is a prime chance for an entrance land that could have some real attractions of its own. For instance, if we did The Haunted Mansion, this would be a prime area for it. Either just the ride as normal, or a variant more tied to Colonial history or as the home of a former sea captain. A Sleepy Hollow dark ride would also be a great choice for this area.
I definitely think this area is the perfect aesthetic for a Haunted Mansion-esque attraction!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
@D Hindley might remember this but I believe we all had a hand in designing George Bluebeard, a sea-faring captain that was originally supposed to be in a new Haunted Mansion, but ended up in a Pacific Wharf land Doug designed.

georgebluebeard-png.195939

PerGron

So I think The Haunted Mansion should definitely be in this part of the park. It's in a different land in every park, and it has never been in the "Main Street" portion of the park before, and it would definitely fit the old-timey Boston aesthetic. There is some great history in New England and we are very proud of our ghost stories and spooky tales around here. Every "Haunted" location is well known and we seriously take to it.

I think that should we do the Haunted Mansion, why not set it (at least partially) in the lighthouse? So many lighthouses in New England are "haunted" I've explored my fair share here in Maine and in New Hampshire as well. I'd be more than happy to tackle this story here.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
So I think The Haunted Mansion should definitely be in this part of the park. It's in a different land in every park, and it has never been in the "Main Street" portion of the park before, and it would definitely fit the old-timey Boston aesthetic. There is some great history in New England and we are very proud of our ghost stories and spooky tales around here. Every "Haunted" location is well known and we seriously take to it.

I think that should we do the Haunted Mansion, why not set it (at least partially) in the lighthouse? So many lighthouses in New England are "haunted" I've explored my fair share here in Maine and in New Hampshire as well. I'd be more than happy to tackle this story here.
I think that's a great idea to bridge into new territory! I'd be all for you taking that!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
One aspect I wouldn't mind tackling is the small shops. @Pufflefan will most likely do some great restaurants to add to the land. One thing that adds charm to New England is their coffee shops, chocolate shops, and seasonal items that feel so quaint.

I'd like to come up with some unique inspired shops to round out the 'Main Street' to give it an atmosphere unique to any other Main Street

PerGron

I also think we could do something with the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Maybe not a ride per-se, but some sort of representation would be great.

The real-life Johnny Appleseed was born in Mass so he could be here as well. Paul Revere was a silversmith so he could have the jewelry and crystal shop that they all seem to have. A show on the ships in the port retelling the Boston Tea Party would also be super cool. A bookstore/print shop would be pretty neat as well. Also, a personal favorite, we could copy over the Columbia Harbour House, which is (imo) the best restaurant in all of Magic Kingdom

DashHaber

I also think we could do something with the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Maybe not a ride per-se, but some sort of representation would be great.

The real-life Johnny Appleseed was born in Mass so he could be here as well. Paul Revere was a silversmith so he could have the jewelry and crystal shop that they all seem to have. A show on the ships in the port retelling the Boston Tea Party would also be super cool. A bookstore/print shop would be pretty neat as well. Also, a personal favorite, we could copy over the Columbia Harbour House, which is (imo) the best restaurant in all of Magic Kingdom
Maybe there could be a walkthrough attraction for The Legend of Sleepy Hollow? Like a path that is said to take us through some of the old remnants of Sleepy Hollow, and along the path that Ichabod Crane rode that faithful night. It could even have a few small jump scares, as well.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
If there are any particulars that folks might need some help on, I'd be more than welcome to help. In the meantime, do folks think a Sleepy Hollow walkthrough attraction might be good? If so, I could work on that.
Absolutely! Go for it.

PerGron's looking at taking the Lighthouse Haunted Mansion, @Pufflefan will take some restaurants, small shops, and maybe help Per with the HM concept.

PerGron

If there are any particulars that folks might need some help on, I'd be more than welcome to help. In the meantime, do folks think a Sleepy Hollow walkthrough attraction might be good, if we don't do a ride for it? If so, I could work on that.

A sleepy Hollow walkthrough would be perfect! We'd have our big E-Ticket with Haunted Mansion, so we wouldn't really want too many dark ride types, especially in an entrance land.

I also know we threw around a NMBC ride, but I think we put it on the backburner. I think Halloweentown would be an awesome smaller land later in the park focused wholly on the film rather than shoehorning it in here.

Outbound

A Lighthouse Haunted Mansion would be amazing! Maybe we could do something different with the usual "Haunted Mansion" story and do something more in line with the Lighthouse movie. Two keepers going crazy on a mysterious island.

1600542050474.png

It doesn't have to be a book report but something in the style of the movie.

DashHaber

A sleepy Hollow walkthrough would be perfect! We'd have our big E-Ticket with Haunted Mansion, so we wouldn't really want too many dark ride types, especially in an entrance land.

I also know we threw around a NMBC ride, but I think we put it on the backburner. I think Halloweentown would be an awesome smaller land later in the park focused wholly on the film rather than shoehorning it in here.
Thanks! Yeah, this way we have our E-ticket for the land, along with a smaller attraction like this walkthrough.

It's going to be neat thinking up this Sleepy Hollow walkthrough. I'm feeling I want to capture some of the feeling of a "haunted house" attraction without going too scary for Disney, but still giving a fun chill for guests going through it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom