1973 Magic Kingdom Super8 with Sound - Mickey Mouse Review and more!

wdwms

Original Poster
482474931_295x166.jpg

First before we get started, we all need to thank David Coolidge for this fantastic Super8 sound footage from 1973. David is a client of ours, entrusting Pixcel and our ImageWorks department to transfer and restore his home movies. Along with his wife and two kids, the Coolidge family trekked to Orlando on the Amtrak Autotrain, spent their nights at the Polynesian Village and days at the Magic Kingdom.

Inside the film you will be treated to Small World, King Stephans Banquet Hall, the Mickey Mouse Review (nearly 3 minutes!), Peoplemover construction as seen from the skyway, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Polynesian pool, a quick glimpse of the wave machine, and at the VERY end, Bob-a-Round boats!

Video is here: https://www.retrodisneyworld.com/re...uper8-with-sound-mickey-mouse-review-and-more

fractal

thanks for sharing. That was awesome!

I enjoyed hearing how people spoke then. A bit more formal and the sense of amazement.
The video of the Poly pool and guests swimming in the Lagoon made it seem like a different place than I visited last year.

sissa216

That's amazing, thanks! 1974 is just a few years before my time, but I love seeing old footage from WDW. It really makes it come to life, and makes me want to start taking the videos of our trips that I always plan to (but never do!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom