1971 electrical water pageant project update!

Tomorrowsphere

Original Poster
Hello everyone,
I want to updated you on the EWP project, I have been very busy with life in general and have not devoted the time I wanted, thus the project has been on hold. A wonderful person contacted me recently on the history of the electrical water pageant and has supplied me with much needed new images video and information. I will be spending time on a re-construction of the re-construction... soon. Since this is a work in progress, I wanted to inform everyone that there were several errors I made. My friend has given me more information and through a different set of eyes and with some new video and audio, I believe I will be able to create a very accurate presentation of the original pageant.

The errors are: the sea serpent did not have animated fire in 1971, The goldfish float was not the one I created did not exist, it should have been the three red headed mermaid float instead. the flying fish are the goldfish as far as the original filmed 1971 Disney World opening day celebration. The neptune float was more cartoony and had him sitting in a boat like shell with a mermaid on his lap. The seahorses were more cartoony and the rope connecting the floats was twisted two rows of lights like a rope. The soundtrack is the close but I am working on a better version. it was more repeated hoedown music. When floats appeared there was a sound effect too, I will be adding that as well.

There is a video on youtube of the 1976 EWP that is so cool. it has a red squid and some float changes in order and design that is a must see...also the music is a must hear. If any of you have more images or old pictures please let me know... thanks to all who enjoy this gem of a show and remember it fondly. My video on youtube is titled "V2 electrical water pageant"...with it's error.. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom