1970's Walt Disney World photos.

echovictor

Judging by these pictures, every family had a Disney character assigned to them. :veryconfu

Ah, the days before meet and greets when the characters wandered the park!

We have lots of character photos where multiple families are crowded around a character... random heads peeking over character shoulders. But we do have many solo family photos with characters in odd corners/out of the way places around the parks.

As bad as M&Gs are, I can't imagine what a nightmare it would be now with that set up.

Korfar

Oh, no - Korfar. Check out MY bellbottoms! And my mom's sunglasses, and my dad's less than thrilled expression. This picture cracks me up every single time. :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

picture.php

Your pants back then were a 2 for one special. Bells and floods. Love it!! I am sure I had pants similar to that at one time. Your mom's glasses are classic.

UberMouse

Here is a pic of me in 1979. I'm in the stroller and that's my beautiful mom next to me...The little girl is a stranger. I was just shy of 9 months old ;-) Tomorrow land entry in the BG. Oh, and yeah I had just kicked off my shoe.

-Jeff

IMG_1341-1.jpg

RandeB

The parks look empty because everyone was in line for hours for E ticket attractions like Small World and the Hall of the Presidents.

The Empress Lilly

The parks look empty because everyone was in line for hours for E ticket attractions like Small World and the Hall of the Presidents.
B...but do you know how technologically advanced Small World is?

They have like these...robot dolls...yeah...and their mouths move in tune with music...and, and they dance too and you sit in like these magic boats they like float without propulsion they move the water instead!!

Rumor has it that there are like competurs (calculating machines) they use for all that wizardry but that can't be right I think NASA over at Cape Kennedy has the only competur in Florida.

Minnie1976

Something went wrong with that date. BTM wasn`t completed until 1980.
I tried to find the original slide because they were dated. You would know that bunch of slides were destroyed. I looked through the other slides trying to find BTM but no other pictures of that area. I did find a picture of my husband in the same clothes so maybe 1980 because we were there a week or 2 after BTM opened. Anyway it is an old picture. Husband is pushing a stroller, and which ever one of our babies that was riding in it is now in their early or mid 30's. I tried to find when BTM's construction was started, but I couldn't find it.

Minnie1976

Something went wrong with that date. BTM wasn`t completed until 1980.
I tried to find the original slide because they were dated. You would know that bunch of slides were destroyed. I looked through the other slides trying to find BTM but no other pictures of that area. I did find a picture of my husband in the same clothes so maybe 1980 because we were there a week or 2 after BTM opened. Anyway it is an old picture. Husband is pushing a stroller, and which ever one of our babies that was riding in it is now in their early or mid 30's. I tried to find when BTM's construction was started, but I couldn't find it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you marni1971 for keeping me straight. I went back and found this picture of the landing of Tom Sawyer Island with no BTM in the background. It is a 1976 or 1977 picture. I had scanned about 2,000 slides into the computer about a decade ago and the picture posted must have gotten mixed with my earlier slides in moving them into folders. I am amazed at the knowledge and information people on the thread know.

197710DWRaftstoTomSawyer-1-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom