1900 Park Fare dinner - what do I need to know?

juniorthomas

Original Poster
I've got a reservation coming up for dinner at 1900 Park Fare and was wondering what those who have been think about it. Anything interesting/fun/helpful I should know before I go?

sgtmgd

While Im not a huge fan of lunch dinner buffet..1900 park fare is very entertaining...if you have kids a boy in particular..buy a fake ring..better yet one that actually looks like a diamond and have him propose to one of the sisters...sit back and enjoy the hilarity...beware of stepmom as she will be less than thrilled..they do a great job..food is ok..you'll have a ton of options

tlev

I dined there for dinner about 5 years ago. The food was nothing special and we had terrible service; however, the character interactions were wonderful. I would definitely go again just for the characters.

juniorthomas

Original Poster
I dined there for dinner about 5 years ago. The food was nothing special and we had terrible service; however, the character interactions were wonderful. I would definitely go again just for the characters.

Is it worth the price? Going through the classically American thought process of deciding to eat and spend more for the characters, or going to a quick serve and putting that money towards gifts, etc.

tlev

Is it worth the price? Going through the classically American thought process of deciding to eat and spend more for the characters, or going to a quick serve and putting that money towards gifts, etc.
To me the food was not worth the price. It's just very bad buffet style food. The character interaction made the meal, though. If you are not into the characters, I would consider skipping this one. It's just not very impressive.

juniorthomas

Original Poster
To me the food was not worth the price. It's just very bad buffet style food. The character interaction made the meal, though. If you are not into the characters, I would consider skipping this one. It's just not very impressive.
I've had less than satisfactory experiences with buffets at WDW. Was hoping the location of this one would make it a little better. Oh well

DisneyFans4Life

We had dinner there back in June and were satisfied with the meal. The majority of the buffets at WDW are going to be about the same unless you eat somewhere like Boma that offers specialty type food.

If you're into a character experience, then you will enjoy 1900 Park Fare. If food is your number one priority, then I'd think about going somewhere else.

Dwarful

do they still offer the strawberry soup? My nephew ate so much the chef gave him the recipe and we make it at home a lot...esp. in the summer when we have more fresh strawberries than we can handle.

Disney4family

Is there any strawberry soup left? I thought my husband ate it all when we were there! :p
We thought the food choices were different than other dinner buffets. Maybe it's changed over time.
The characters were wonderful. It was nice to meet Cinderella's Prince.
The Stepmother commented on my daughter's princess shirt. She pointed at Cinderella and told my daughter that she had a "Cinder-stain" on her shirt.
One of the Stepsisters danced with my husband. It was a lot of fun.

Rlandrigan

The characters are fantastic - the Prince danced with my little girl and made her day, Cindy was amazing and truly beautiful, my 7 year old couldn't meet her eye:) The sisters were so awesome i can't even describe - my son will be living this down for a long, long time:)
alex.jpg

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Food is ok, certainly overpriced like all things Disney. Just remind yourself you are paying for the character experience. 1900 Park Fare is one of our favorite character meals. The characters are really into what they do. The stepsisters have both kissed my son, a lipstick mark on each cheek and then proceeded to fight over him on more than one occassion. Lady Tremaine has made snide comments on our anniversary buttons and marital bliss, etc.. They are quite enjoyable as far as entertainment. My approach to WDW and cost may be a bit different than some. I went once as a kid (Spaceship Earth was half built) and my most vivid memory is my dad complaining about costs. I vowed that we would only do things we can afford and then we won't have to complain and subject our kids to that. Even though prices are high, I won't squawk about it. May mean we don't go more than a couple times a year but when we do, I won't complain.

yedliW

I've only done breakfast there, but I've enjoyed it immensely. Also, the most recent review I could find on the Disney Food Blog (2013), gave the dinner high marks.

I like the site.. but is there anything but positive reviews on the DFB? ;)

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I cannot count the number of times we have been to 1900PF for dinner. At least 6 or 7. Yes, it's a buffet, and therefore high volume and large variety food service, which means not as high of quality. I would rate it one of the better buffets in Disney. Certainly higher quality food than Chef Mickey's. But, the character interaction is far and away the best on property. We have been going since our daughter was 4 and will be there this February, right after she turns 12. The characters there inspired her to dress as Drizella one Halloween and Anastasia the next. Definitely our very best character experiences. Worth every penny for this family.

harryk

It's a buffet -- what do you expect at a buffet? Go and enjoy the character experience. If you want better dining -- go upstairs to Victoria and Albert's - or any other dining facility at the Grand Floridian.

JourneysEnd

Are the characters there throughout the dinner service? I'm looking at an early ADR 6:30pm. Don't want to miss the character since that what we're paying for. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom