Politics 19 state legislators call on Newsom to reopen California theme parks - OCR/SCNG

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

cmwade77

May I suggest a few apolitical recalls?

Recall Gaurdians of the Galaxy — Mission: BREAKOUT!
Recall Soarin’ Around the World
Recall Incredicoaster
Keep Rise of the Resistance but recall Millennium Falcon Smuggler’s Run and reinstate Big Thunder Ranch
I like Gaurdians and I have only been on Incredicoaster once, so I reserve the right to change my mind, but the rest certainly.

truecoat

Such a line of B.S. If anyone believes that, I hsve ocean front propert to sell you in Arizona.

is it near Otisburg?

55C61B65-DE01-4A94-8971-A49595638126.jpeg

mickEblu

May I suggest a few apolitical recalls?

Recall Gaurdians of the Galaxy — Mission: BREAKOUT!
Recall Soarin’ Around the World
Recall Incredicoaster
Keep Rise of the Resistance but recall Millennium Falcon Smuggler’s Run and reinstate Big Thunder Ranch

Good point. Did they really need to move Big Thunder Ranch/ BBQ. Seems like they could have worked around it? Maybe it was more for the train reroute. It’s crazy that In hindsight many of us can say that it was a bad move. Technically this new 14 acre land should have made us forget all about them with its own charming new experiences and/or at least some cool things to see and do. Really thought Star Wars land would have gotten some cool new BBQ restaurant. Something rustic outdoors with a big “fire pit” or something.

Anyway, they took away a couple more “Disneyland” experiences when they axed Big Thunder/ Ranch BBQ. Those little things off the beaten path that don’t wow anyone at the park or on a spreadsheet (well maybe the BBQ revenue did) but make all the difference. I’ll admit I wasn’t devastated when it was announced but I wasn’t happy about it either. I figured what we would gain would be worth the loss. I was always more concerned about the Hungry Bear not being on the water anymore.

Last edited:

LastoneOn

The Primary is March of 2022, with the General in November.

But a recall could force an earlier election.

Well you local guys certainly know the terrain better than I do, but from outside the Cal Zone here, its hard to see how that will get past his courts.

cmwade77

Well you local guys certainly know the terrain better than I do, but from outside the Cal Zone here, its hard to see how that will get past his courts.
Actually, it is already approved, just needs the number of signatures. The problem is Newsom keeps using the courts to throw out signatures, so it has gotten to the point where each family is sending in signatures on separate petitions. Then if some get thrown out, it is only a handful, not hundreds.

the.dreamfinder

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Or he gets kicked out in the jungle primary. Recalling a Governor is very had and would probably be a waste of political capital.
The Right has been trying to recall him since he was elected. In the history of the State there has only ever been one successful Recall attempt on a Governor, and that was Gray Davis in 2003. 99.997% of Recall attempts have never even made it onto the ballot. So history is not on their side.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom