Pre-Trip 18 years of marital bliss means it’s time for some Surf n Turf action…..again.

So….it’s about that time again. For those unfamiliar with our shenanigans you may enjoy the following:
Surf n Turf vol 1: 16th anniversary trip
Surf n Turf vol 2: 17th anniversary trip
Surf n Turf vol 3: Cruising is not for the kid.

I hope you all have been having an excellent summer so far, ours has been BUSY! As the title suggests, this will mark our 18th anniversary and what is awesome is we will actually be in the bubble on our anniversary date! But first, some introductions:
DW: Laura and me: Sean
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_7724885381.jpeg

Lots of back story of here and I won’t throw it all at you again but long story short; my wife sat in front of me in the 5th grade and I still think that is pretty awesome!

So, those familiar with us should not be surprised, Disney Vacation Creep set in rather early this time and what was to be a Thursday arrival soon turned into a Wednesday arrival and the dates are:
October 19-21 AKL Kidani
October 21-24 Disney Dream
October 24-25 AKL Kidani

Love me a Dream sammy on Kidani! We actually did our Dream check-in just yesterday and booked a few things to do, one of those is a dinner at Palo again on Pirate night. We snagged a 6pm reservation this year so if we decide to take part in the costume festivities we can and we will be done in plenty of time for the fireworks. We also booked two excursions as placeholders and need to decide which one we want to do. We are holding a jet ski excursion for two and a snorkeling/rum tasting excursion. The DW is on the fence on which one to do. I’m fine either way as long as we have plenty of time to relax at Serenity Bay. Some other Dream stuff is TBD.

We’ve lined up a few ADRs and will probably add one other before we leave. What we have so far is:
Sanaa for dinner
Kona, our breakfast tradition the day we make for port.
Yachtsman for our anniversary dinner.

That’s it for now, more details to follow.

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
I think you should get hit with vacation creep again and go a couple of days earlier on the 17th :D:D:D I would totally buy you guys a drink!
HA!
Honestly, if we didn't have to teach this semester it could have been a GOOD possibility! As it is now, we are leaving right after my 8am class on Wednesday just avoid me missing too many classes.:( Stupid adulting...

sheriffwoody

HA!
Honestly, if we didn't have to teach this semester it could have been a GOOD possibility! As it is now, we are leaving right after my 8am class on Wednesday just avoid me missing too many classes.:( Stupid adulting...
Booooooooo. I work at a college, so I get it. I'm staff though, not faculty. Our fall break is the thursday and friday of our trip, which is the only reason we're going. We extended through Monday because I was about to take one less vacation day for my trip in June and shift it to Oct. Woot! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip! It sounds amazing. And 18 years...that's fantastic :)

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Booooooooo. I work at a college, so I get it. I'm staff though, not faculty. Our fall break is the thursday and friday of our trip, which is the only reason we're going. We extended through Monday because I was about to take one less vacation day for my trip in June and shift it to Oct. Woot! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip! It sounds amazing. And 18 years...that's fantastic :)
Oh man, for a split second you got me excited! I thought to myself "OMG, what if our fall break is then too?!?!" A quick look at the academic calendar to see ours is not until November:(

Congrats on scoring a room at the Poly. :)

By the way, when I looked at the screen shot of your reservation, I couldn't help but notice the check-in time: "after 4:00 PM". What ever happened to specific check in times? Remember when a hotel would state exact check-in and check-out times? :rolleyes: :banghead:
Yeah, that's DVCs way of saying "we'll get you in before dark". Fortunately, out of all our stays we've only ever had to wait until after 4 one time.

Just finished your last cruise TR, looking forward to the next one! We're going on our first Disney cruise in a couple of weeks and reading your report was a great little preview!!
I hope you love your trip! I never thought I'd be a cruiser until my DW wore me down and got me on the boat. It only took one time and I was hooked. The DCL experience is AWESOME!

Im looking forward to seeing what new beers youll be trying on the trip :) Congrats on 18. Its our 18th in November, too. Heading to London and Paris to celebrate!
Congrats to you as well!
There are still some brews at 687 Pub for me to try, plus I've got something to show you tomorrow for our trip;):D.

imahistorygeek

Cruise stateroom update: Well, we are pretty terrible at waiting for a room assignment. I emailed the travel agent and asked if we could change our room (after paying in full) and what was leftover in regard to starboard verandah rooms. She said we could change it and the only verandah category left with regular rooms (meaning no GTY rates) are forward 5Bs. If we decide to change it, this will be the highest category we've ever reserved. I honestly don't see much difference in the 5C we have reserved in the past.

She said the cost difference would be about $170ish total. That's not terrible for a room we will know will have a great view of Castaway. So, I'm waiting for her to come back with available room numbers. We will go from there.

sheriffwoody

Oh man, for a split second you got me excited! I thought to myself "OMG, what if our fall break is then too?!?!" A quick look at the academic calendar to see ours is not until November:(
hahaha sorry to have gotten your hopes up :) We're in Tennessee and I think most of the schools around here are either the first or second week of October for Fall Break. I guess different areas do different times.

mouse_luv

We've discussed The Plaza Restaurant at MK. Amazingly, we've never been there. I saw a post it had updated the menu somewhat and the offerings looked pretty good. Any opinions?

We always loved the Plaza and especially the fries. But they changed the fries to the cheap gross fast food fries that are at the CS places. That and the fact that they aren't really taking ressies anymore probably means my last trip to the Plaza was 2 yrs ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom