15 things you would do to improve UOR

disney fan 13

Original Poster
Ok so imagine you are made the big boss at UO, what would you do to make UO it better?

My 20 are

1. Change twister to it being a production company that is trying to make a movie about twisters and they want you to be the star's of the show
main changes would be
-change and shorten pre show
-add more effects to the show
-add more intensity to the show
-make the show longer

2. Completely repaint IOA

3. Add a jeep ride to JP

4. Refurb MIBAA, JPRA,Mummy, and bring them into the 21st century

5. Make the Hulk smooth again

6. Give dudly too actual AA's and shows scenes

7. Same with Popeye and bluto

8. Turn Kidszone into a Nicktoons/dreamworks area

9. Turn the LC and backstage area behind it into a LOTR land

10. Add a water park in the area to the south of IOA

11. lower food price

12. Better food quality

13. Raise pay for TM's

14. give HRRR new trains

15. Give toon lagoon a hanna barbara ride.

71jason

#1 should be finding a better company to handle parking.

#2 should be a replacement for Fear Factor Live.

Fine with repainting, anything to replace Twister.

Not sure why the gripes about food? Of the big three, I think Uni has the best and least overpriced food.

Pioneer Hall

Not sure why the gripes about food? Of the big three, I think Uni has the best and least overpriced food.

Really? It is maybe a dollar or two cheaper than Disney for some things, but I think that the quick serve food quality is terrible. I know Disney has improved a lot over the past few years, but I am yet to have a satisfying quick service meal at UOR since I started going fairly regularly in the last year. Since it is easier to get "off-property" there I find myself eating at other places when I go there.

GLaDOS

Really? It is maybe a dollar or two cheaper than Disney for some things, but I think that the quick serve food quality is terrible. I know Disney has improved a lot over the past few years, but I am yet to have a satisfying quick service meal at UOR since I started going fairly regularly in the last year. Since it is easier to get "off-property" there I find myself eating at other places when I go there.

Their pizza is significantly better than Disney's.

And where have you been eating quick service? Three Broomsticks is phenomenal, Blondie's is really good, and Thunder Falls Terrace is also pretty good.

USF could use some updates in this department, and there could be a better selection resort wide, but quality wise I'd give the edge to Uni.

Xethos

Ok so imagine you are made the big boss at UO, what would you do to make UO it better?

My 20 are

1. Change twister to it being a production company that is trying to make a movie about twisters and they want you to be the star's of the show
main changes would be
-change and shorten pre show.

From what I understand the preshows at most rides are the exact same length as the ride itself,so a shorter preshow would lead to a shorter show.

disney fan 13

Original Poster

I meant to lower prices, I meant better quality food like meats

AswaySuller

Increase characters and guest interaction.

Actively pursue and encourage much more filming to be done in the park.

Add a backlot and tour.

Add a transformers ride.

Add a JP jeep ride.

Add a new kong ride.

Have a daily parade.

Have an evening spectacular.

After the new ride/area id put a lid on the potter stuff.

Use Spielberg as a consultant more.

Add more movie magic.... Real props etc....

Have a real universal classic horror attraction/ride.

I would live to!

Skip

1. Fix Disaster
2. Fix Disaster
3. Fix Disaster
4. Fix Disaster
5. Fix Disaster
6. Fix Disaster
7. Fix Disaster
8. Fix Disaster
9. Fix Disaster
10. Fix Disaster
11. Fix Disaster
12. Fix Disaster
13. Fix Disaster
14. Fix Disaster
15. Please fix Disaster

Care to elaborate? What's wrong with Disaster?

GLaDOS

Disaster is a terrific attraction, IMO. It's fun, funny, and the ride portion still wows.

If by fix you mean revert back to the stale Earthquake show...I'll pass.

Skunk

Drain the lake at IOA to use it for more space for attractions. It was a terrible idea to design the park as a "ring" around a man-made lake when they have so little space for expansion. Granted they wouldn't necessarily be Islands anymore, but I digress. Hub-style for the win.

Tom Morrow

My 20 are

main changes would be
-change and shorten pre show
-add more effects to the show
-add more intensity to the show
-make the show longer

2. Completely repaint IOA

3. Add a jeep ride to JP

4. Refurb MIBAA, JPRA,Mummy, and bring them into the 21st century

5. Make the Hulk smooth again

6. Give dudly too actual AA's and shows scenes

7. Same with Popeye and bluto

8. Turn Kidszone into a Nicktoons/dreamworks area

9. Turn the LC and backstage area behind it into a LOTR land

10. Add a water park in the area to the south of IOA

11. lower food price

12. Better food quality

13. Raise pay for TM's

14. give HRRR new trains

15. Give toon lagoon a hanna barbara ride.

2- Why does everyone think IOA needs to be re-painted? Well, its usually because of Seuss Landing... but the thing is, it is SUPPOSED to look faded! The art in Dr. Seuss books uses the same color pallete!

4 - kind of unfair, especially when comparing these rides to... how many of Disney's rides are stuck on 1960's technology?

5 - Hulk, like any coaster in Florida, will give you a smooth ride. It more or less depends on how recently your train was refurbished. The last few times I've ridden Hulk, it has been very smooth.

11 and 12 - the food price is about average for a theme park and the quality of the quick service food is somewhat better than WDW's.

14 - Absolutely. At this point it seems like they have two options for HRRR - new, lighter trains that give a smoother ride, or remove it in a few years.

GLaDOS

Drain the lake at IOA to use it for more space for attractions. It was a terrible idea to design the park as a "ring" around a man-made lake when they have so little space for expansion. Granted they wouldn't necessarily be Islands anymore, but I digress. Hub-style for the win.

Oh man. Really glad you're not in charge.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom