15 rides currently down (6-15-21)

Kamikaze

This happened to us 2 years ago - - - - The WDW power grid was struck by lightning and shut down a ton of MK rides.
In this case - - - the 3 other parks were actually closed due to this power surge.
So MK has a surge of people after 5pm......It was insanity.
At close they opened up the cast backstage exits........it was cool to see the backstage of Mainstreet USA.
Crappy though to ruin the mood when exiting.
Hopefully next time will be different.
The main street bypasses are very common to open when its busy, has nothing to do with power outages.

NickMaio

The main street bypasses are very common to open when its busy, has nothing to do with power outages.
Cool - - -
I have been to WDW over 100 times in my life and never used the mainstreet bypasses.
Even on the 4th of July- - - 2016----- Place was at capacity by noon - - - bypasses were not used.

I guess we have been lucky throughout the years. ---- I would prefer to not use them again as it ruins the experience, leaving with the mainstreet lights is a great way to say goodnight to an awesome day.

mergatroid

Cool - - -
I have been to WDW over 100 times in my life and never used the mainstreet bypasses.
Even on the 4th of July- - - 2016----- Place was at capacity by noon - - - bypasses were not used.

I guess we have been lucky throughout the years. ---- I would prefer to not use them again as it ruins the experience, leaving with the mainstreet lights is a great way to say goodnight to an awesome day.
They've actually done work on that area specifically to allow guests there to ease crowding. Walls are up now to stop you seeing what you used to be able to see.

Kamikaze

Cool - - -

I'm 100% positive the bypasses were used on the 4th. Maybe you just didn't go down them.

The best one is the one at DL, because it leads right to Walt's apartment.

Ayla

They've actually done work on that area specifically to allow guests there to ease crowding. Walls are up now to stop you seeing what you used to be able to see.
The bypass was used for early arrivals to MNSSHP, too. I don't know if they were used for Christmas parties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom