15 February 2003 Site Update: Mission Space Capsule interior photo

sillyspook13

suspicious

I don't doubt that this is a genuine photo, and I am as thrilled as anybody about the ride, but I do have a few questions.

*Where did this picture come from? Is it from an official source? Would somebody lose their job over this? How did thid person manage to get into the building and the capsule?

*And what is with the "limited guest rides"? I have scoured Cast Portal and Eyes & Ears for information on soft openings or cast previews. Nothing. In fact, the only Mission Space news I found was a pin release sometime in March of a limited edition 3000 "Mission:Space under construction" pin. When I was at Epcot on Friday, the only activity I saw at Space was a group of children climbing on part of the building.

Please, enlighten me.

Testtrack321

This limited run ISN'T an offical soft opening, but rather a random chosen-by-WDI test run using standers ouside of M:S gawking at it.

Steve you ROCK!!!!!

I'm honored to be supporting you in all you do on this site, and this is just another example of the great info you provide to all of us addicts out here.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

EchoOfOphelia

Woohoo!! That looks great! I like the fact that it looks really interactive .... like Horizons (kind of) was. That's great! I can't wait to ride it!
::crossing fingers, hoping it'll be open by Sept 21st!!::

figment99

Sorry, I wasn't trying to attack anyone personally--it just seemed like there was a lot of negativity towards the ride. I agree w/ EchoOfOphelia and others--there seem to be a lot of similarities between Horizons and Mission:SPACE. I suppose it's not surprising--a lot of renovated attractions retain some aspect of the former attraction--"Energy: You Make the World Go 'Round" in UoE, for instance. And of course, thank you very much Steve!:D :sohappy:

Atticus

Why are people complaining when they have seen one freaking picture of the inside of one pod?????? Wait for the ride to open and then you can complain!

Quick question, I totally forget how the set up of all the vehicles will look? Is it all the pods attached to something in the middle and they go around in a circle?

Wow I'm totally stupid today.

Mike

stingrock23

Wow! incredible picture of the pod. That just makes me more anxious to ride it. The detail looks amazing. I think this is really going to be a fantastic attraction. good job on getting the pic steve.

pepsistar

:D :D :D Steve-- Thanks as always for the latest news and updates!!!

"I" foresee one problem------ :( I hope it will not be!!, "BUT" I am wondering if they have decided on a height requirement yet??

My grandson "WILL" be "VERY" "VERY" !!!!!!!!! disapointed if he can not ride this new attraction--- :( :mad:

Just like the new ride at AK-- Hummmmmm He is 6 but very small compared to some others his age.

Please let me/us know if you hear anything "K"

Thanks again for the GREAT information. We can't wait!!!! :lookaroun: wave:

Main Street USA

Re: suspicious

Originally posted by sillyspook13
I don't doubt that this is a genuine photo,

What? What else is this a photo of?

I'm sorry but Steve doesn't run this site to pull people's legs. I guess you don't have to believe it if you don't want to, but the rest of us will sit and stare in awe.

WDWKing

Re: Re: suspicious

Originally posted by Main Street USA
What? What else is this a photo of?

I'm sorry but Steve doesn't run this site to pull people's legs. I guess you don't have to believe it if you don't want to, but the rest of us will sit and stare in awe.

he said he DIDN'T doubt that it was a genuine photo.
That means he believes it's real.

JRead

Main Street USA-- I dont understand how the comment "I don't doubt that this is a genuine photo" receives the response "What? What else is this a photo of?". I read the original post and it seemed like the guy was just curious as to the source of the photograph.

Main Street USA

Re: Re: Re: suspicious

Originally posted by WDWKing
he said he DIDN'T doubt that it was a genuine photo.
That means he believes it's real.
DOH! Ha hahahahah! Whoops!

I totally read that wrong. My apologies to Sillyspook! I was wondering why she would say something like that.:D

Main Street USA

Originally posted by JRead
Main Street USA-- I dont understand how the comment "I don't doubt that this is a genuine photo" receives the response "What? What else is this a photo of?". I read the original post and it seemed like the guy was just curious as to the source of the photograph.

Indeed. I was merely skimming posts when that sentence caught my eye. Unfortunately, my eye didn't catch the "don't". :)

WDWKing

Re: Re: Re: Re: suspicious

Originally posted by Main Street USA
DOH! Ha hahahahah! Whoops!

I totally read that wrong. My apologies to Sillyspook! I was wondering why she would say something like that.:D
:lol: The reason I was the first to comment is because I mis-read the post the first time too.
:)

RogueHabit

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
ummm...and when were the shuttles built?

This is supposed to be JUST LIKE a shuttle mission...you can't have a "fake and futuristic (tomorrowland) look" to it and pull it off as being realistic
But by yur reasoning the shutte interiors would look like that, and they don't.:)

Anyway, I prefer Steves reasoning that the flash does make everything a little 'contrasty.'

In all honestY I am sure this will be a kick botty ride and I wouldn't want to diss it before I'd even tried it.

I was just voicing my first thoughts on seeing the picture.:kiss:

jwbeck3

Plus it will look a lot better when its cool lighting is on, and if it's dark, it won't look bad to some of you. I think it looks cool as it is though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom