15 February 2003 Site Update: Mission Space Capsule interior photo

sillyspook13

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Indeed. I was merely skimming posts when that sentence caught my eye. Unfortunately, my eye didn't catch the "don't". :)
It's ok. We all have our dyslexic moments sometimes.:hammer: :brick:

sillyspook13

Originally posted by JRead
Main Street USA-- I dont understand how the comment "I don't doubt that this is a genuine photo" receives the response "What? What else is this a photo of?". I read the original post and it seemed like the guy was just curious as to the source of the photograph.
Exactly. Of course I know it's real! I was simply asking for more info.

BTW..... it's girl not guy. Trust me, you're not the first!:lol:

figment99

I ran across a couple of of pics on the forums--I'm not really sure how anyone could mistake you for a guy, sillyspook13 :hammer: but I digress. . . I can't really wait to see the inside of that capsule--any word on how people load in and out of the vehicle? I'm assuming the big door at the end labelled "exit" has something to do with it.

AndyMagic

Has anyone attempted to get a ride on this thing yet? I am SOOO eager to find someone who rode it that I called my uncle down in Florida and begged him to try and get a ride so he can tell me details! I'm dieing here!

MicBat

Great pic, Steve!!! :sohappy: You have done it yet again!!! Does look a bit cramped, but it could just be the angle it was taken at! Cant wait!!

Originally posted by pheneix
No matter how close you are to the monitor, it doesn't really the fact that I might as well be playing Jedi Starfighter right now, because at least the visual part of the experience would be the same. Pop in a nice surround sound system and now the audio part of my experience is just as immersive as Mission Space.

I don't think I agree. I would IMAGINE that Disney would use HDTV monitors with 780P images (heck, on a 200MM ride, that wouldn't add more than another million). That, plus (I hope) far superior graphics, could make a much more immersive experience. And I imagine being pressed into your seat at 2-3 G's, shaking violently, with full, super-subwoofer launch sound-effects WILL be a bit different from playing ANY video game. I'm pretty hopeful that the launch, at least, will be completely mind-blowing.

We'll have to wait and see, though, so I'm reserving judgement on how it'll feel.

I do think the look of the cabin is kind of cheesy, but I think Steve is right about the flash. In "show" lighting, it'll probably be pretty cool.

Tim G

Originally posted by wdwmagic
Remember it looks a little harsh due to the flash lighting on the camera.
NeverTheLess.....

Good shot... pretty current too....
WHEN did you take it...

Tim G

Originally posted by sandjhooker
E-I-S-N-E-R. I know we don't like that guy but at least spell his name right.

Cool pics, Steve! Once again, we see why this is THE site for Disney.

Emmm...

I'm not quite PRO Eisner...

But I'm NOT against him...

Don't forget, he's still the CEO, and made this all possible...

Lee

Adventurer
I've heard the opinion elsewhere that that photo is actually of a WDI mock-up, not one of the actual pods inside the attraction. Supposedly the pod photo and the queue photo were posted some time ago on an internal WDI intranet.
Possible?

esqteam

Mission Space Redirect?

I am trying to access the Mission Space site, but whenever I click on it I get a redirect and than page not found.

Also, can someone tell me why the Mission: Space website has not been updated since August. Can't they come out with newer pictures?

agdbeanie

Originally posted by Lee
I've heard the opinion elsewhere that that photo is actually of a WDI mock-up, not one of the actual pods inside the attraction. Supposedly the pod photo and the queue photo were posted some time ago on an internal WDI intranet.
Possible?

I don't know. But it is a possiblity considering that they've done similar things for the resorts for ad purposes. I want to believe it's the real deal though.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Lee
Possible?

For guest opening the pods will be marginally different, in that there are a few extra parts being added (like some grab rails etc). However, the photo posted there is very VERY close to how the pods will appear to guests come opening day. :)

jmarc63

Originally posted by Sansaarai
Its kinda funny that in the last month there has been a backlash against Mission: Space on WDWmagic. I remember when everyone was drooling over this ride.

Maybe it.s due to the fact that we have been talking about this for almost three years and we getting a little punchy for it to open

AndyMagic

Originally posted by wdwmagic
For guest opening the pods will be marginally different, in that there are a few extra parts being added (like some grab rails etc). However, the photo posted there is very VERY close to how the pods will appear to guests come opening day. :)
So is this confirmation that this photo isn't exactly INSIDE Mission: Space? That's sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom