13.1 was the best part of the not so happy rocket!

imagination30

Original Poster
well ladies and gentlemen , and mouse folk. ,
this is where iam suppose to say how lovely my first marathon experince is right ? . well it comes with a mixed bag of emotions , of things i should have done diffrent, and will do diffrent on my next one .. ( stay tuned to see if there is a next one lol) . , so here we go.. i was all pumped and ready to go .. , i was think this wont be to bad.. , just run my race and after 13. 1 let my mentalness take over and finsij strong .. welll .. so far so good ... on that part .. so i though .. , mile 1 was a slow go because of the courser and jumbled ness ... ( come to find out i was running with a pace group .. ) and couldnt wait for it widen and open up so i could get my jog on , not my run ... , hint i was saving that till the end , or so i though.. but all in all wasnt to bad.. dispite it being the coldest weekend of the year . it was in the teens ... I thought it would help me ... umm more on that in second. , but i was at a steady jog for most of the race .. , hit 10k at 59:10 or something like that ... , i was like okay i got this .. , let me back up here and say the course was fun .. , i saw parts of huntsville , ive never seen before ... , but now i know where these places are .. lol . and as we hit mile 13.1 ... around back at the civic center .. , i was greeted by my mom and some of my running friends ... ( which has been very supportive of me and my first marathon. i finsih the front have at 2:00 , so i was like yeah i got this .. .. and umm so i thought you always hear about the dreaded wall storys. well you know how you say that cant happen to me .. , well it hit me ... like no tomorrow.. I mean bad! ... i mean like broekn record... , bc when i slowed down my jog ... bc my legs started to hurt .. that was it .. my legs and my mentalness never recoverd.. . and if i wanted to start running again .. i couldnt even muster that . and even if i did .. it was to minimal.. so if you want to tune off this report right now i dont blame you!.... , bc it dont get any better than the first half in my opion... other than a guy trying to run over a volunteer with his car! ... but the cooest part of the race was mile 18 .. , i hit it at 2: something i cant remember.. , but this by far was the neatest thing .. we got to run under the rockets at the us space and rocket center .. and i could barly mange a jog for the guy to take my pic .. my legs were hurting so bad! .. by this time we were out of the rockets . and heading back towards botanical gardens . this use to be my favorite place to make up time , bc i had run the galaxy of lights 5k .. here the first year ... ., but sadly it would take a pound of magic . and pixie dust to get me though this .. ,but as we ended the gardens .. and headed back toward the vbcc , i saw the most touching thing happen in front of me .. , this girl had a sign that said i can do all things though christ which streghenten me . Love you heather! ... , and i smiled at the girl and a girl came up running beside me ... , and this girl goes are you heather .. to thois one girl she goes yes .. and the girl who said yes almost burst in to tears. , and later on i was talking to her as we ran to gehter for a bit she goes i needed that .. i said what a special friend! .. , then we parted ways. by this time it was mile 20 . i was still trying to kick my legs in to gear with no luck! :( fastward to mile 23 .. one of friends was suppose tr be at mile 23 .. so i saw on fb later . i was like sorry i missed you , he goes no you didnt you gave me a roll tide.. i was like haha was that you .,. i was like yeah i was out of it! ... lol but as we neared thr homestrech , was coming back around .. and i got asked by 3 diffrent people if i was okay .. i was like yes.. but truthly i wasnt .. by the point i had visons in my head about collapsing at the finsih line and asking for ice .. ( but that never happend) . but as we nterd the last mile and hald i could see the finish ... so i was like oh good ness! ... , but hered the fun part we ran around in front of the vbc . and then ran around behind it and in to the back at the finish line ... so when i saw i was nearing that i musterd al i could and i felt my self pick but the pace and just sorrow .. , but the last 2 miles to get to vbc back door was like a eternity. but when i saw the finsih line .. it was like a joyous ... occasion .. , finish it at 5:21:48 , got my named called ... amnd got a lamont! ... and my medal and a hat! ... ... so all in all not bad for my first marathon , sure there is and was things i would do diffent , the next go around ... but it was fun .. cold .. and a experince! ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom