111 Days Away: A Very First PTR

111 days away... you don't know how long I've waited to be able to make a PTR about this! But, before I get into the report itself, a brief timeline of the progression of this very trip:

The start (a la March 2011) - a land/sea trip with my now ex to Disney in November (obviously, this is NOT that trip).

The new trip (March '11 to a few weeks ago) - we broke up (two weeks after we came up with the idea; he was not worth it), and my two best guy friends (Dan and Eric) decided that the three of us should go for a trip instead. So we decided on a February trip for us, and my best girlfriend (the bff), so we could do the Princess Half Run for my 23rd birthday. During this time (a la July 4th), Dan and I became an official couple - two years after we should have done so.

The changes (starting a few weeks ago) - Trip was changed from an off-site to Disney, then changed to before the run so we could get the free DP. Then, our 2 bedroom villa idea was changed to a Value resort (gee, thanks RCI for screwing that over) because our certificate wasn't useful in Disney like it was promised to us. THEN, the bff dropped out because of money... then Eric dropped out just this past Monday. Leading to the trip we now have!

Whew, that was a mess to write when watching a video of the 6-year-old me being in WDW. :p

The Cast
First, you have yours truly. I will be 22 during the trip (since we are going a week before my birthday), and this is my 19th time to the World. But, I haven't been inside any of the parks since 2008, so I've been feeling disconnected.
30056821202211603871091.jpg

Then, you have my darling BF... who would probably be embarrased by my using "darling" to describe him online anywhere. :rolleyes: Dan will be 23 for our trip, since we leave the day after his birthday. Happy birthday to us! He's never been to WDW, but has been to the land once when he was younger (a fact that I am indeed jealous of). So, brand new experience for him, one that I'm so excited about.
21813917053779095651091.jpg

We both love Disney, and he likes to gloat that he owns more movies (especially VHS) than I do (jerk). Though, the amusing part is we're both very partial to Beauty and the Beast... even if he likes Gaston more than anyone!
32069821736695166299610.jpg

Yes, I'm on my tip-toes because someone is much taller than me...

When
February 13th - February 17th

Where
Pop Century Resort

How
Flying Southwest in and out of Philadelphia

Celebrating
Our 23rd birthdays, Valentine's Day (YAY), Dan's first trip, and me just getting to go back home again!

What are we doing while we're there?
Ok, this is where it gets a little into the shady area still! I just booked the trip two days ago (I don't waste PTR time lol) through Kingdom Konsultants (thanks Richard!!!!!), and the ADR's are still getting made up. Like, I literally just sent the email with my time ranges and alternates.

So far, our week looks like this:
Monday the 13th - leave for airport around 4:30/5am, flight takes off at 7am. Landing 9:35am. After getting checked into Pop, head over to AK for a good few hours. Hopefully dinner at T-Rex in DD (Dan loves dinosaurs and wants to go here the most), and then we'll head to one of the parks for either rides or some fireworks.

Tuesday the 14th - MK and Valentines Day! As well as a hopeful for going to 1900 Park Fare for dinner at GF so Dan can meet the step sisters.

Wednesday the 15th - Epcot. I really wanted to do this on Tuesday, but with it being EMH that day I didn't want to chance the crowds too much. Our biggest thing with this day is going to be the countries, because we're both really interested in how heratiges differ. Of course, FW will get some quality time, but we're looking forward to all the time in WS. And for me, all of the shopping in the countries. ADR hope: Teppan Edo.

Thursday 2/16 - Studios! Dan is a movie buff, especially with Star Wars, so he's been asking me questions about how we'll get the most out of this day. Really, he just wants to know how many times he can ride Star Tours, and how long he'll have in the shop. :hammer: For me, this is where my favorite rides and shows are, so he has to deal with being dragged around for a bit instead. :lol: But we're also looking at Sci-Fi for lunch, and Fantasmic! that evening. I made sure not to book when it was still in referb, so I'm hoping that all the problems it's having will be fixed then!

Friday 2/17 - back home. :( This is the one day that I hate the most, but Chef Mickeys for breakfast, and whatever last minute shopping and pool time we can fit in will help ease my pain I hope. Return flight leaves at 6pm, getting us back to Philly around 8:30, and Delaware around 9 or so.

So, here's my biggest obstacle now that we have (almost) everything booked.... figuring out what to do to make both Valentines and our birthdays special. Any suggestions??? :shrug::shrug:

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
ADR update

We are officially booked for all of the ADR's that I was hoping for. :sohappy: This is the first time in my history of Disney travel that this has ever happened, so I've been bouncing out of my seat in happiness.

I'm still at a loss for what to do for Valentines/birthday gifts, though my mom suggested that we do the Segway tour in Epcot. But... I'd rather not spend part of my trip in a hospital. :lookaroun

I wonder what Dan would think if I bought an autograph book of some sort. :lookaroun

BrittanyRose428

Aww can't wait to hear more about your trip! Where did you make your ADRs for? And thats funny how we're both going to WDW with boyfriends who have only been to Disneyland lol

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
Aww can't wait to hear more about your trip! Where did you make your ADRs for? And thats funny how we're both going to WDW with boyfriends who have only been to Disneyland lol

This trip has had me SO stressed out! It's my first one that I've done any planning on, and the first where there's no "adult figure" going (ack, I've grown up. Make it stop), so I felt a little out of sorts with trying to figure it all out. Thank goodness for Richard (master yoda), because he was able to help me big time. :)

ADR's: TRex - dinner, 1900 Park Fare - dinner, Teppan Edo - dinner, Sci-Fi Drive In - lunch (the BF is like me, a nerd.. so I know he'll love this one), and Chef Mickey - breakfast.

108 days left! Dan doesn't know what he's getting himself into. :lookaroun:lol:

BrittanyRose428

I know exactly what you mean about being the grown up planning it, its so stressful lol. I can't imagine trying to plan a trip with a group of friends after trying to do so with just Charlie and I. We're definitely going to Chef Mickey's too because he's used to Disneyland and wants to go to Goofy's Kitchen, (which I'm assuming is similar to Chef Mickeys) lol

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
Lol, I'm actually thinking about making an autograph book now, so that way I can put pictures of the two of us in on the same page as the autograph (instant scrapbook!). I wonder how weird Dan would think I am... :rolleyes:

Now my stressful part is trying to figure out what to do for his birthday/Valentines.

PartOfYourWorld

Lol, I'm actually thinking about making an autograph book now, so that way I can put pictures of the two of us in on the same page as the autograph (instant scrapbook!). I wonder how weird Dan would think I am... :rolleyes:

Now my stressful part is trying to figure out what to do for his birthday/Valentines.

My mom loves doing scrapbooks and for our last trip just a month ago, she took scrapbook paper and cut it into rectangles, made a bunch of them. We took a small clip board and got the characters autographs on those using scrapbook pens she has and she is going to make a scrapbook of autographs and pictures! I think it's a great idea and who cares what Dan would think! haha :sohappy:

And Trex is a really cool place for dinner. There is so much going on in there!

Good luck with the rest of your planning! :wave:

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
My mom loves doing scrapbooks and for our last trip just a month ago, she took scrapbook paper and cut it into rectangles, made a bunch of them. We took a small clip board and got the characters autographs on those using scrapbook pens she has and she is going to make a scrapbook of autographs and pictures! I think it's a great idea and who cares what Dan would think! haha :sohappy:

I saw the clip board in your pictures with your trip report (I'm such a lurker haha), and was wondering what they were for. I'd love to see pictures of a page when it's done for an idea! :)

My aunt's emailed me a few pages of ones she's made. I'm a huge scrapbooker, so there's most likely going to be multiple books made... I just want an excuse to get some autographs this time. :lol:

PartOfYourWorld

I saw the clip board in your pictures with your trip report (I'm such a lurker haha), and was wondering what they were for. I'd love to see pictures of a page when it's done for an idea! :)

My aunt's emailed me a few pages of ones she's made. I'm a huge scrapbooker, so there's most likely going to be multiple books made... I just want an excuse to get some autographs this time. :lol:

Haha I forgot they were in a lot of my pictures on there. :D Thanks for reading my report! :)

And once she does a few pages I will, she hasn't started anything yet, but I'll definitely post some pictures!

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
Haha I forgot they were in a lot of my pictures on there. :D Thanks for reading my report! :)

And once she does a few pages I will, she hasn't started anything yet, but I'll definitely post some pictures!

I'll keep a lookout for them!

Lol, I love reading the reports, it makes me feel like I was there... I just usually start reading them after they're like 3-4 days in and I'm like "well, crap, now I have to catch up and it would be weird to comment on something from a few days ago..."

PolynesianPrincess

I don't know if they would be completely booked up by now, but check into the carriage rides at Fort Wilderness for V-Day. I know they have wagon rides and horseback riding and carriage rides. I've always wanted to do a carriage ride there :)

You've got some great ADR's!! You guys will have a blast! Your BF will be begging to go back the second you get home!! :lol:

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
I don't know if they would be completely booked up by now, but check into the carriage rides at Fort Wilderness for V-Day. I know they have wagon rides and horseback riding and carriage rides. I've always wanted to do a carriage ride there :)

You've got some great ADR's!! You guys will have a blast! Your BF will be begging to go back the second you get home!! :lol:

oooh, that sounds like a lot of fun. But, that would probably have to wait for another trip. :cry: I was going to do the Segway tour in Epcot for him for our originial trip, but... now with it only being 4 days, I'm worried about what taking 3 hours out of our day would take away from what we both want to see.

Though, he's already told me that whatever we don't get to do, we're pushing on to the next trip... :king:

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
100 Days Out!

Well, we're officially at the 100 days mark :sohappy: Poor Dan, he's not sure how to handle my excitement over this trip. :lol:

I've taken a page out of PartOfYourWorld's book and started my own little money savings plan... So I now have all the change in my bedroom split up three ways: Disney trip, Disney wedding, and moving out (yay!). There's only 10 bucks in each from what was in my room, but I felt accomplished.

I have my first commission check from Pampered Chef coming in soon, and I made $295 my first month, so that's almost $100 into each "savings." :)

PartOfYourWorld

Well, we're officially at the 100 days mark :sohappy: Poor Dan, he's not sure how to handle my excitement over this trip. :lol:

I've taken a page out of PartOfYourWorld's book and started my own little money savings plan... So I now have all the change in my bedroom split up three ways: Disney trip, Disney wedding, and moving out (yay!). There's only 10 bucks in each from what was in my room, but I felt accomplished.

I have my first commission check from Pampered Chef coming in soon, and I made $295 my first month, so that's almost $100 into each "savings." :)

Making our dreams come true one paycheck at a time :) :sohappy: So glad I could help!!

HopLow

The new trip (March '11 to a few weeks ago) - we broke up (two weeks after we came up with the idea; he was not worth it), and my two best guy friends (Dan and Eric) decided that the three of us should go for a trip instead. So we decided on a February trip for us, and my best girlfriend (the bff), so we could do the Princess Half Run for my 23rd birthday. During this time (a la July 4th), Dan and I became an official couple - two years after we should have done so.

This is so, so cute!! I love when real life stories work out like this! You guys are going to have such a great trip, especially with all your celebrations!

I totally know what you mean about doing your first "adult-free" trip. I flew by myself for the first time ever last year and I freaked out slightly about it. But it's liberating, really. And Disney's the best place to do that kind of trip because you can plan everything out beforehand and when you get there, you won't have to worry about a thing.

Have a wonderful trip! And there better be a trip report to follow in late February, right??? :animwink:

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
This is so, so cute!! I love when real life stories work out like this! You guys are going to have such a great trip, especially with all your celebrations!

I totally know what you mean about doing your first "adult-free" trip. I flew by myself for the first time ever last year and I freaked out slightly about it. But it's liberating, really. And Disney's the best place to do that kind of trip because you can plan everything out beforehand and when you get there, you won't have to worry about a thing.

Have a wonderful trip! And there better be a trip report to follow in late February, right??? :animwink:

The best part about it was he kissed me during the finale of the fireworks... right after I was telling him how they don't compare to Disney. :rolleyes: lol.

I'm so excited for the planning out part now, and trying to figure out how to make sure Dan gets to see all the must-sees for a first trip! :sohappy:

And, of course there will be a trip report then! It'll be like my birthday present, but I'll give it to everyone else (and relive my trip for me lol).

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
3 months away!!! ahhhh! Dan put in for his vacation time today, and I decided to celebrate by buying my first shirt for the trip. :lol:

446757892.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom