11 month book at home / 7 month cancel and rebook none home??

md0u80a2

Original Poster
Hi all

Newbie question as I am finally in the process of buying my first contract

So I want to go next summer and can see online good availability in the home booking window for all resorts - but as I dont have my membership number I cant technically get on the system!

So here are my thoughts - book now inside 11 month window at my home.

At 7 month window, look for availability and if there is, try and book at another resort.

So here is my practical question - if I have 'used' my points for my home resort and see availability in another, is the process easy or risky - ie. Can I move one reservation over to another, or do you have to CANCEL the first and REBOOK the second - if so, is this risky? Is it possible I end up with nothing as my new booking SELLS out as I am cancelling and the old one is not available

Does this kind of make sense - I suspect once I get access, the question will answer itself, but your expertise is appreciated as I suspect I am not unique in this thinking?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to joining the community

all the best

Md

Club Cooloholic

Hi all

Newbie question as I am finally in the process of buying my first contract

So I want to go next summer and can see online good availability in the home booking window for all resorts - but as I dont have my membership number I cant technically get on the system!

So here are my thoughts - book now inside 11 month window at my home.

At 7 month window, look for availability and if there is, try and book at another resort.

So here is my practical question - if I have 'used' my points for my home resort and see availability in another, is the process easy or risky - ie. Can I move one reservation over to another, or do you have to CANCEL the first and REBOOK the second - if so, is this risky? Is it possible I end up with nothing as my new booking SELLS out as I am cancelling and the old one is not available

Does this kind of make sense - I suspect once I get access, the question will answer itself, but your expertise is appreciated as I suspect I am not unique in this thinking?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to joining the community

all the best

Md
So I have done this, and remember it wasn't that hard. You can either do it over the phone and that will ensure you don't get stuck with nothing, or have the booking cued up click cancel in the room you have and then click book on the one you want. You may also be able to just click modify your reservation and do it that way but I am not sure.

Club Cooloholic

It used to be trickier to do, with some risks.

But since they made changes to the booking system allowing modifications to be done online you can modify the dates, resort, room-type etc easily online.
Thats what I hoped. Yes I didn't remember it being hard.
Just be careful if borrowing points. Until its clear how many points you can borrow in 2021 from 2022 any reservation you have you should keep an eye on the points difference when making changes.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom